|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(b) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(c) They are recorded inacurrately.
(d) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
2. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(b) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(c) He was embezzling.
(d) He beat her all the time.
3. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) One day.
(b) Several months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Eight days.
4. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(b) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(c) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(d) For not denouncing Elvov.
5. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Denouncing her best friend.
(b) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(d) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
2. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
3. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
4. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
5. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)