|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vevers use frequently?
2. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(b) She is to be executed.
(c) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(d) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
3. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) Her mother might become hysterical.
(b) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces her husband.
(b) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Curses Stalin.
5. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(b) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(c) Fighting the charges.
(d) Defending her initial statements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
2. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
3. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)