|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(b) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(c) He has killed himself.
(d) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
2. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The politburo in Moscow.
(b) The district committee.
(c) The head of the GGP.
(d) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
3. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(b) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(c) Denouncing her best friend.
4. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is tortured.
(b) Ginzburg is released to go home.
(c) Ginzburg is flogged.
(d) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
5. What does Vevers use frequently?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
2. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
3. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
4. Who is Comrade Beylin?
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)