|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(b) The politburo in Moscow.
(c) The district committee.
(d) The head of the GGP.
2. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(b) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(c) Ginzburg's oldest son.
(d) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
3. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(b) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(c) She is to be executed.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(b) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(c) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(d) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
5. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Honest but flawed.
(b) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(c) Corrupt and hypocritical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
2. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
3. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
4. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
5. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)