|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(b) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(d) Denouncing her best friend.
2. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Several months.
(d) One day.
3. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(b) They are recorded inacurrately.
(c) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(d) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to be executed.
(b) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(c) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
5. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(b) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
(c) Ginzburg blacks out.
(d) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
4. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
5. Who summons Ginzburg?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)