|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
(a) The Stream.
(c) The Conveyor Belt.
(d) The gauntlet.
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For not denouncing Elvov.
(b) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(c) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(d) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
3. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Denounces her husband.
(c) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(d) Tries to kill herself.
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(b) Her mother might become hysterical.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
5. Who is Alyosha?
(a) Ginzburg's brother who disappears.
(b) Ginzburg's best friend who disappears.
(c) The judge that sentences Ginzburg.
(d) Ginzburg's oldest son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Comrade Beylin?
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
3. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
4. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
5. What happens on Red Army Day?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)