|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(b) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(c) They are recorded inacurrately.
(d) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
2. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
(a) 3 days.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) 7 days.
(d) A few hours.
3. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(b) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(c) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
(d) Ginzburg blacks out.
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(b) She criticizes them for their methods.
(c) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(d) She asks forgiveness from the party.
5. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is released to go home.
(b) Ginzburg is flogged.
(c) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(d) Ginzburg is tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
2. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
3. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
4. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
5. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)