|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) In the Gulag.
(b) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(d) At his home.
2. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
(b) Ginzburg blacks out.
(c) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(d) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
3. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The district committee.
(b) The politburo in Moscow.
(c) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(d) The head of the GGP.
4. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(b) The head of the local GPU.
(c) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(d) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
5. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 5 days.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
3. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
4. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)