|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(b) At his home.
(c) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(d) In the Gulag.
2. What does Vevers use frequently?
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(b) Honest but flawed.
(c) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(d) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
4. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(b) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(c) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(d) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
5. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(c) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(d) For not denouncing Elvov.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
2. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
3. What happens on Red Army Day?
4. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)