|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She sets herself on fire.
(c) She drinks acid.
(d) She shoots herself.
2. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(b) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(c) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(d) Denouncing her best friend.
3. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) To settle her personal affairs.
(b) To await her sentence.
(c) The charges against her were dropped.
(d) The charges were held in abeyance.
4. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Several months.
(d) One day.
5. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(b) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(c) He beat her all the time.
(d) He was embezzling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
2. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
3. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
4. Who is Alyosha?
5. What happens on Red Army Day?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)