|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(b) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(c) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(d) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
2. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(b) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(c) They are recorded inacurrately.
(d) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
3. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He beat her all the time.
(b) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(c) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(d) He was embezzling.
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(b) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(c) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(d) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
5. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(c) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(d) Honest but flawed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
3. What happens on Red Army Day?
4. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
5. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)