|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Defending her initial statements.
(b) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(c) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
(d) Fighting the charges.
2. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
(a) She sets herself on fire.
(b) She drinks acid.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She hangs herself.
3. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(b) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(c) Ginzburg blacks out.
(d) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
4. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(b) She is to be executed.
(c) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(d) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
5. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is tortured.
(b) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(c) Ginzburg is flogged.
(d) Ginzburg is released to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
2. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
3. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
4. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
5. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)