|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(b) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(c) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(d) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
2. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
(a) At his home.
(c) In the same cellar as Ginzburg.
(d) In the Gulag.
3. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) 1 day.
4. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(b) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
(c) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(d) The head of the local GPU.
5. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
(a) How Ginzburg knew Elvov.
(b) If Elvov ever passed secret documents to Ginzburg.
(c) Whether Elvov and Ginzburg were having an affair.
(d) Why Ginzburg wrote several letters to Elvov supporting his ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
2. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
3. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
4. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
5. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)