|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(b) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
(c) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(d) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
2. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(b) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(d) Honest but flawed.
3. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(b) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
(c) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(d) He has killed himself.
4. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
(b) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(c) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(d) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(b) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(c) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(d) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
2. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
4. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
5. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)