|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg sent home?
(a) To settle her personal affairs.
(b) To await her sentence.
(c) The charges against her were dropped.
(d) The charges were held in abeyance.
2. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Collaborating with the enemy.
(b) Teaching heresy.
(d) Inciting riots.
3. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) Her mother might become hysterical.
(b) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(c) She might be shot.
(d) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
4. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(b) For not denouncing Elvov.
(c) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
(d) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They are recorded inacurrately.
(b) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(c) They put her family in a collaborative position.
(d) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
2. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
3. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
4. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
5. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)