|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
(a) She might get an even harsher sentence.
(b) Her mother might become hysterical.
(c) She could make things even more difficult for herself or loved ones.
(d) She might be shot.
2. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Teaching heresy.
(c) Collaborating with the enemy.
(d) Inciting riots.
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
(b) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(c) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(d) She criticizes them for their methods.
4. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(b) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(c) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(d) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
5. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
(a) For not denouncing Elvov.
(b) For having a book in her home that was published outside of Russia.
(c) For failing to denouce Trotsky strenuously enough in a recent lecture.
(d) For missing two meetings in a row when she was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Ginzburg?
2. What does Vevers use frequently?
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
4. How does Pitkovskaya commit suicide?
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)