|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the criminal offense of which Ginzburg is now accused?
(a) Teaching heresy.
(c) Inciting riots.
(d) Collaborating with the enemy.
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(b) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(d) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
3. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(b) They are recorded inacurrately.
(c) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(d) They put her family in a collaborative position.
4. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
(a) She asks forgiveness from the party.
(b) She absolves her family in her crimes.
(c) She criticizes them for their methods.
(d) She confesses to everything of which she is accused.
5. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
(a) The Stream.
(b) The Conveyor Belt.
(c) The gauntlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Red Army Day?
2. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
3. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
4. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
5. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)