|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after her hearing is Ginzburg arrested?
(a) One day.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Several months.
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
(a) The new Chariman of the Bureau of Party Political Control.
(b) A doctor who gives Ginzburg a slip saying she was ill.
(c) The head of the local GPU.
(d) Stalin's son-in-law and head of the Foreign Propaganda office.
3. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(c) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(d) Denouncing her best friend.
4. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(b) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(c) He was embezzling.
(d) He beat her all the time.
5. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
(a) Ginzburg asks to speak to Elvov.
(b) A new prisoner takes their attention away from her.
(c) Ginzburg confesses and signs what they want her to sign.
(d) Ginzburg blacks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
2. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
3. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
4. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
5. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)