|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
(a) Ginzburg must submit a vociferously-worded condemnation of Trotsky.
(b) Ginzburg is told she can give no more public lectures for two years.
(c) Ginzburg's status is lowered at the University.
(d) Ginzbug is reprimanded, but it is later canceled.
2. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
(a) Publicly saying goodbye to her children.
(b) Defending her initial statements.
(c) Fighting the charges.
(d) Stopping to tell her mother goodbye.
3. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) 7 days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) 3 days.
4. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
(a) They are conducted by incompetent judges.
(b) Corrupt and hypocritical.
(d) Honest but flawed.
5. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(b) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
(c) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(d) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
2. What is the so-called method when Ginzburg is harshly interrogated by uninterrupted interrogation with different interrogators?
3. Who is Comrade Beylin?
4. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
5. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)