|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(b) She is to be executed.
(c) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(d) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
2. Who agonizes over the hearing on Ginzburg?
(a) Her friends who are caught in their own false accusations.
(b) One of her former students whoi s the head of the committee.
(c) Ginzburg's third cousin who must pronounce the judgement.
(d) Ginzburg's favorite mentor.
3. How long does the second round of interrogations last?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 5 days.
(d) Three hours.
4. For how long does this form of interrogation last?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Several weeks.
5. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(b) Denounces her husband.
(c) Tries to kill herself.
(d) Curses Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ginzburg summoned to a Party meeting?
2. Where is Elvov now according to Tsarevsky?
3. What eventually stops this first round of the new type of interrogations?
4. What is the ultimate outcome of the party meeting?
5. What does Ginzburg's husband advise against her doing?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)