|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tsarevsky say about Elvov?
(a) He has killed himself.
(b) He has said Ginzburg contacted him about killing another party member.
(c) He has confessed against Ginzburg.
(d) He has confessed to participating in a plot against Stalin.
2. How does Ginzburg defend herself?
(a) By saying that her lecture was not about Trotsky.
(b) By saying no one in her area has denounced Elvov either.
(c) By saying she was in the hospital and has a note to prove it.
(d) By saying that Stalin's deputy of foreign affairs gave her the book.
3. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
(a) They are recorded inacurrately.
(b) They show her as much closer to Elvov than she is.
(c) They are skewed to fit the judgment the interrogator is trying to justify.
(d) They put her family in a collaborative position.
4. What happens on Red Army Day?
(a) Ginzburg is released to go home.
(b) Ginzburg is taken into a different office and is given the soft approach.
(c) Ginzburg is tortured.
(d) Ginzburg is flogged.
5. Who summons Ginzburg?
(a) The politburo in Moscow.
(b) The district committee.
(c) The deputy chief of the Moscow Communist party.
(d) The head of the GGP.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
2. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
3. What does Ginzburg say in her letter to the secret police?
4. What might happen if Ginzburg makes any stops along the way to present herself for the arrest warrant?
5. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)