|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 17, The Conveyor Belt | Part I, Chapter 18, Confrontations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginzburg do when she explodes in anger at this latest charge?
(a) Curses Stalin.
(b) Tries to kill herself.
(c) Denounces Yaroslavsky.
(d) Denounces her husband.
2. What does Ginzburg consider as she is traveling back to Moscow?
(a) Writing a condemnation of Trotsky.
(b) Forming a group to assassinate Stalin.
(c) Denouncing her best friend.
3. To what does Ginzburg attribute her not signing anything that was false?
(a) She wanted to be a good example for her children.
(b) She wanted to be a good example for other Party members who are falsely accused.
(c) She had a spiritual strength.
(d) The more brutal means of interrogations were not yet used.
4. Why does Pitkovskaya condemn her husband?
(a) He was embezzling.
(b) She loves the Party more than she loves him.
(c) He was going to make up lies about her involvement with Elvov.
(d) He beat her all the time.
5. What is Ginzburg told in the meeting?
(a) She is to go work on a communal farm and teach there.
(b) She is expelled from the Communist Party.
(c) She is exonerated of all but three minor charges.
(d) She is to be executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ginzburg view the hearings against her and others?
2. Who is Comrade Beylin?
3. What happens on Red Army Day?
4. What does Livanov ask Ginzburg concerning Elvov?
5. What incenses Ginzburg about how her answers are recorded?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)