|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality was the trader who was forced to return the skins to Russell?
2. After seeing the Canadian, what did Russell and White shoot by a lake?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A moose.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) A deer.
3. Why was Russell having problems walking after not eating for three days on his way to Fort Hall?
(a) An injured foot.
(b) A cramp in his leg.
(d) Infection of an old wound.
4. How was the Indian Chief's reaction to the stolen goods described in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
5. To what length can an elk grow?
(a) Four feet long.
(b) Five feet long.
(c) Eight feet long.
(d) Nine feet long.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were hunting buffalo and preparing for the winter in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
2. What did Russell use to keep warm in Part 2 (pp. 144-163) as he was hunting for elk during the winter?
3. How did the men respond to receiving the buffalo robes and discovering Fontanelle's warehouse?
4. In September, what type of weather were Russell and White dealing with in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
5. What was Russell constructing when he was injured by an accidental explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the characteristics of the springs that were near Lewis Lake?
2. What facts about the wolverine did Russell provide in the Appendix?
3. How was Russell's horse killed in 1838?
4. Where did Russell and Elbridge store the buffalo in Part 2 (pp. 164-183), and what happened to it?
5. What caused Russell and Elbridge to temporarily lose their vision in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
6. How was Russell left alone at the end of Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
7. What did Russell observe at the Indian village at the end of Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
8. What battle took place at the beginning of Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
9. How large can an elk grow, and what causes them to become disoriented?
10. Which view did Russell describe at the beginning of Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)