|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men were hunting buffalo and preparing for the winter in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
(a) Twenty five.
2. How far away was Mr. Biggs' camp in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
(a) A few miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) Several miles.
(d) Over twenty miles.
3. How many new buffalo robes did Fontanelle have for sale in his warehouse?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
4. How long did it take for Russell to recover at Fort Hall?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
5. According to the Appendix, how many Snake Indians were there?
(a) Six thousand.
(b) Eight thousand.
(c) Four thousand.
(d) Two thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Part 2 (pp. 124-143) began, what were the men still doing in order to survive the winter?
2. How well had Russell learned the Shoshone language?
3. How was Russell's horse killed in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
4. What did Russell and White make in order to protect their feet?
5. What did the Indians use Flathead language for at the end of Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Russell observe at the Indian village at the end of Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
2. Where did Russell and Elbridge store the buffalo in Part 2 (pp. 164-183), and what happened to it?
3. How large can an elk grow, and what causes them to become disoriented?
4. What description did Russell give of the Old Faithful geyser?
5. How was Russell left alone at the end of Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
6. Why did Russell resent the robes that Fontanelle gave to him and the other men at Fort William?
7. How did Russell keep warm during the winter hunting of mountain sheep in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
8. Which view did Russell describe at the beginning of Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
9. What were some of the characteristics of the springs that were near Lewis Lake?
10. What caused Russell and Elbridge to temporarily lose their vision in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)