|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the men bring supplies from Fontanelle back to the fort in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
2. Which lake was Russell by at the start of Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
(a) Utah Lake.
(b) Rush Lake.
(c) Fish Lake.
(d) Mirror Lake.
3. What did Russell and White make in order to protect their feet?
(a) Snow shoes.
4. What did the men gather before discovering that Forth Hall had been purchased from Mr. Wyeth in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
5. How many men did the Indian Chief admit to sending to rob Russell?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what length can an elk grow?
2. During what month did Russell see a grizzly bear in its den in Part 2?
3. From how many feet did Russell observe the lake and sunrise from on the mountain in Part 2?
4. Why was Russell having problems walking after not eating for three days on his way to Fort Hall?
5. Where was Russell when he saw a grizzly bear in its den?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which challenges did Russell and White face as they made their way back to Fort Hall after being wounded by Indians?
2. Who was Mr. Biggs?
3. Where did Russell and Elbridge store the buffalo in Part 2 (pp. 164-183), and what happened to it?
4. How was Russell seriously injured in Willamette River?
5. How were Russell and White injured by the Indians at the end of Part 2 (pp.144-163)?
6. What were some of the characteristics of the springs that were near Lewis Lake?
7. What happened when Russell saw a grizzly bear in its den in Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
8. What did Russell and White hear as they escaped from the Indians in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
9. How was Russell's horse killed in 1838?
10. Which view did Russell describe at the beginning of Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)