|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which creek did Russell travel to after passing the Salt River during the Spring in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) Greys Creek.
(b) Chugwater Creek.
(c) Shell Creek.
(d) Plateau Creek.
2. Why did the group of hunters and Indians have to separate in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) To avoid becoming lost.
(b) To cover more ground quickly.
(c) To make room for feeding horses.
(d) To make room for hunting.
3. How many villages of Flathead Indians did the men meet in Part 2?
4. How many men drowned while crossing the Fork on a horse in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. What signal of peace was given when the men spotted the Indians for a second time in Part 2?
(a) The waving of the American Flag.
(b) The waving of hands.
(c) Shaking hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
2. How many Indians approached when the men were burning their goods in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
3. How many large peaks made up the Tetons?
4. In Part 1, as the men were at the Fort trading with the Indians, how many miles north were Bridger's men?
5. What is another name for the Big Horn River?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made hunting difficult for Russell and the other trappers in the spring of 1835?
2. What happened when Russell first encountered a grizzly bear in Part 1?
3. Who was Russell with for the July 4, 1836, rendezvous, and where did they travel to when the rendezvous was finished?
4. Where was Fort Mutton located, and what was Russell's stay like while he was there?
5. What did the trappers do when they were surrounded by the Indians in the Teton Mountains on June 28th?
6. What happened at the July 4th rendezvous in 1837?
7. What was the Secluded Valley like at night, and what did Russell hunt there in 1837?
8. How did Russell describe the Yellowstone Lake area in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
9. What rumors about Indian attacks did Russell and the trappers hear in Part 1?
10. What precautions did Russell take to avoid being ambushed by Indians at the Big Horn River area in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)