|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which river, near Ham's Fork, did the expedition meet the hunters after crossing the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) Sweetwater River.
(b) Cheyenne River.
(c) Madison River.
(d) Green River.
2. How much time passed between the two Indian attacks that occurred in the winter in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
3. When did Russell reach the 25-Yard River in Part 2?
4. When did the men first see the Indians in the Teton Mountains in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) September 8.
(b) July 28.
(c) June 28.
(d) November 8.
5. By Fontanelle's instructions, when was Russell's group supposed to meet with the main party again in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) October 25.
(b) November 25.
(c) October 15.
(d) November 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fruit was being enjoyed by the bears that Russell observed at the 25-Yard River?
2. Which animal do the men kill and eat while staying at Secluded Valley in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
3. Why did the group of hunters and Indians have to separate in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
4. Which type of bear did Russell shoot in the shoulder before being attacked in Part 1?
5. What were the men doing by the fireside at the Yellowstone camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the trappers do when they were surrounded by the Indians in the Teton Mountains on June 28th?
2. How did the Indians help Russell in the mountains in Part 2 (pp. 44-63)?
3. How was Russell introduced to the Snake Indians?
4. How did Russell describe the Yellowstone Lake area in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
5. What was the Secluded Valley like at night, and what did Russell hunt there in 1837?
6. When did Osborne Russell's Journal of a Trapper begin and who joined him?
7. Which Indians did Russell meet at Yellowstone in Part 2 (pp. 44-63), and what did he trade with them?
8. Who was with Russell when he traveled to the Secluded Valley in Part 2 (pp. 84-103), and how did his companions view the scenery?
9. What was Rocky Mountain University?
10. What were Russell's opinions of his party's leader and his mission in Part 2 (pp. 64-83)?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)