|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Russell reach the 25-Yard River in Part 2?
2. How many Indians approached when the men were burning their goods in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) Twenty five.
3. What did the Indians do before following the men and robbing them in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) Smoked and made threats, but did not eat.
(b) Ate, smoke, and made threats.
(c) Ate and made threats, but did not smoke.
(d) Ate and smoke, but did not make threats.
4. Where was Howell's encampment located?
(a) Near Laramie River.
(b) Near Fort Platte.
(c) Near Clarks Fork.
(d) Near Fort Sanders.
5. When did Russell make the rendezvous where Mr. Wyeth brought supplies in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) September 22.
(b) July 24.
(c) September 2.
(d) July 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following was not included in the group of men that joined the expedition with Russell in Part 1?
2. What were the men doing by the fireside at the Yellowstone camp?
3. When Fort Hall was resupplied, what direction did Russell travel to for the winter?
4. What did Russell learn from the three Indians that stayed at the fort in Part 1?
5. When did the men first see the Indians in the Teton Mountains in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Russell's opinions of his party's leader and his mission in Part 2 (pp. 64-83)?
2. How did Russell describe the Yellowstone Lake area in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
3. What rumors about Indian attacks did Russell and the trappers hear in Part 1?
4. How did the Indians help Russell in the mountains in Part 2 (pp. 44-63)?
5. How was Russell introduced to the Snake Indians?
6. Who was Russell with for the July 4, 1836, rendezvous, and where did they travel to when the rendezvous was finished?
7. How were Russell and the other trappers robbed by the Indians in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
8. Where was Fort Mutton located, and what was Russell's stay like while he was there?
9. How did the trappers cross Lewis' Fork in June, 1835?
10. What precautions did Russell take to avoid being ambushed by Indians at the Big Horn River area in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)