|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Russell reach the 25-Yard River in Part 2?
2. Which animal do the men kill and eat while staying at Secluded Valley in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
3. Which rest stop did the men travel to after leaving Yellowstone Lake?
(a) Secluded Valley.
(c) Names Hill.
(d) Middle Fork.
4. When did the men first see the Indians in the Teton Mountains in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) June 28.
(b) September 8.
(c) November 8.
(d) July 28.
5. In order to cross the Fork, what did the men use to make a boat in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(b) Snake skin.
(d) Buffalo skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How wide is Yellowstone Lake?
2. What type of directions was Russell given before meeting the Bonnack Indians in Part 2?
3. Where was Russell playing games with the Indians and trappers as Part 2 (pp. 104-123) started?
4. What did the hunters and the friendly Indians do as a result of Howell's murder?
5. How many Indians approached when the men were burning their goods in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Russell spend time with the Bonnack Indians in Part 2 (pp. 64-83)?
2. What was Rocky Mountain University?
3. How was Russell introduced to the Snake Indians?
4. When did Osborne Russell's Journal of a Trapper begin and who joined him?
5. Who was Russell with for the July 4, 1836, rendezvous, and where did they travel to when the rendezvous was finished?
6. What was the Secluded Valley like at night, and what did Russell hunt there in 1837?
7. What made hunting difficult for Russell and the other trappers in the spring of 1835?
8. Who was Howell?
9. How did Russell characterize the Crow Indians in Part 2 (pp.84-103)?
10. What rumors about Indian attacks did Russell and the trappers hear in Part 1?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)