|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the panther described in the Appendix?
(a) A fast animal.
(b) A resilient animal.
(c) A destructive animal.
(d) A clever animal.
2. Which animal ate the rest of the mountain sheep that Russell had stored?
3. Which river did the men hunt before going into winter quarters in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
(a) Hoback River.
(b) Niobrara River.
(c) Snake River.
(d) Laramie River.
4. As Part 2 (pp. 124-143) began, what were the men still doing in order to survive the winter?
(a) Killing animals, but not lighting fires.
(b) Lighting fires, but not killing animals.
(c) Lighting fires and killing animals.
(d) Neither lighting fires nor killing animals.
5. When did Russell reach the town on the falls of the Willamette River?
(a) September 16, 1823.
(b) September 26, 1824.
(c) September 16, 1832.
(d) September 26, 1842.
6. What year was it when Russell spoke of setting up beaver traps under the waterline?
7. On what day did the four Americans return to Fort Hall for the winter in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
(a) November 20.
(b) December 10.
(c) November 5.
(d) December 5.
8. What nationality was the trader who was forced to return the skins to Russell?
9. When were the heavy snows first discussed in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
(a) Late November.
(b) Mid December.
(c) Early December.
(d) Mid November.
10. Which three colors were in the stream near Old Faithful in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
(a) Red, blue, and yellow.
(b) Red, white, and blue.
(c) Red, yellow, and purple.
(d) Red, white, and purple.
11. Which lake was Russell by at the start of Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
(a) Utah Lake.
(b) Fish Lake.
(c) Mirror Lake.
(d) Rush Lake.
12. How many men did Russell want to tell about his plan of hiding the beaver traps?
(a) All of them.
(d) Not too many.
13. Where did Russell notice buffalo had already disappeared in Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
(a) Grand Teton.
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) Red Desert.
14. Besides rest, what treatment did Russell receive in order to heal after returning to Fort Hall?
(b) A splint.
(d) Saltwater baths.
15. What happened to the buffalo meat that Russell and Elbridge stored?
(a) Some of it was eaten by wolves.
(b) Most of it was eaten by wolves.
(c) Most of it was stolen by Indians.
(d) Some of it was stolen by Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Russell and White wounded by Indians in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
2. After tiring of dried meat, what did the men intend to live off of in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
3. How many miles away was Fort Hall when Russell and White crossed the Teton Mountains pass in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
4. How far away was Mr. Biggs' camp in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
5. How was the Indian Chief's reaction to the stolen goods described in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)