|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the men bring supplies from Fontanelle back to the fort in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
2. What happens to a mountain sheep's color later in the year?
(a) It changes.
(b) It lightens.
(c) It darkens.
(d) It brightens.
3. Which other animal did the panther primarily attack in the mountains?
4. How many new buffalo robes did Fontanelle have for sale in his warehouse?
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
5. Which lake was Russell by at the start of Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
(a) Utah Lake.
(b) Mirror Lake.
(c) Fish Lake.
(d) Rush Lake.
6. How many springs were found at Lewis Lake in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
7. After tiring of dried meat, what did the men intend to live off of in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
8. How did Russell travel the last ten miles to Fort Hall in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
(a) By horse.
(b) On a stretcher.
(c) On a wagon.
(d) On foot.
9. What disease had killed the Indians of the abandoned camp the men passed in Part 2?
10. What tribe(s) of Indians did Russell trade with in Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
(a) Snake and Eutaw.
(b) Neither Snake nor Eutaw.
(c) Eutaw, but not Snake.
(d) Snake, but not Eutaw.
11. According to the Appendix, how many Snake Indians were there?
(a) Six thousand.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Eight thousand.
(d) Four thousand.
12. After spending the winter at Fort Hall, what did Russell find at the Great Salt Lake in the spring?
(a) Small numbers of fish.
(b) Small numbers of ducks and other water birds.
(c) Large numbers of fish.
(d) Large numbers of ducks and other water birds.
13. How long did it take for Russell to recover at Fort Hall?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Ten weeks.
14. What nationality was the trader who was forced to return the skins to Russell?
15. Who was with Russell as he traveled west towards the Willamette River?
(a) A group from the Western United States.
(b) A group from the Eastern United States.
(c) A group from the Northern United States.
(d) A group from the Southern United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Indians doing as Russell and White were escaping from them?
2. Where was Russell when he saw a grizzly bear in its den?
3. What did the Indian trapper do before leading the other trappers into battle at the beginning of Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
4. As explained in the Appendix, what size of animals does a wolverine eat?
5. What did Russell and White make in order to protect their feet?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)