|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing the Canadian, what did Russell and White shoot by a lake?
(a) A deer.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A moose.
(d) A buffalo.
2. What type of taste did the spring water at Lewis Lake have?
3. What did the men gather before discovering that Forth Hall had been purchased from Mr. Wyeth in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
4. Where were Russell and White wounded by Indians in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
(a) The leg.
(b) The arm.
(c) The shoulder.
(d) The hip.
5. Which other animal did the panther primarily attack in the mountains?
6. Where was Russell when he saw a grizzly bear in its den?
(a) Next to the den.
(b) On top of the den.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A tree.
7. How tall were the little peaks that the hot water at Lewis Lake formed?
(a) Up to six feet.
(b) Up to twelve feet.
(c) Up to ten feet.
(d) Up to eight feet.
8. How was Russell's horse killed in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
(a) From exhaustion.
(b) By falling off a precipice.
(c) By gunfire.
(d) By an arrow.
9. What were the Indians doing as Russell and White were escaping from them?
10. What happened to the buffalo meat that Russell and Elbridge stored?
(a) Most of it was stolen by Indians.
(b) Some of it was eaten by wolves.
(c) Most of it was eaten by wolves.
(d) Some of it was stolen by Indians.
11. When were the heavy snows first discussed in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
(a) Mid December.
(b) Mid November.
(c) Early December.
(d) Late November.
12. How long did it take for Russell to recover at Fort Hall?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
13. Why was Russell having problems walking after not eating for three days on his way to Fort Hall?
(a) An injured foot.
(b) Infection of an old wound.
(d) A cramp in his leg.
14. Which one of the following best describes the matted hair that a mountain sheep gets in December?
15. At the end of Part 2 (pp. 164-183), what did Russell have with him after Elbridge went to another ground?
(a) Horses and books.
(b) One horse and several books.
(c) Horses, books, and a telescope.
(d) One horse and one book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Indian Chief's reaction to the stolen goods described in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
2. Who was with Russell as he traveled west towards the Willamette River?
3. How many ducks did the Canadian have for breakfast in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
4. How well had Russell learned the Shoshone language?
5. How did Russell describe the thunderstorms near Grey's River?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)