|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men were on the expedition to the Rockies when Russell joined in Part 1?
2. Which animal do the men kill and eat while staying at Secluded Valley in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
3. Where did Russell and fifteen other men travel to for the winter in Part 2?
(a) Gallatin Range.
(b) Lewis Canyon.
(c) Hayden Valley.
(d) Mutton Hill.
4. Which rest stop did the men travel to after leaving Yellowstone Lake?
(b) Names Hill.
(c) Secluded Valley.
(d) Middle Fork.
5. What type of meat did Russell have while staying with Bridger's men between February and March?
6. Including Russell, how many men did Wyeth leave at Fort Hall in Part 1?
7. Where did the group go before Big Jackson's Hole in Part 2?
(a) Elk Basin.
(b) Star Valley.
(c) Alpine Junction.
(d) Little Jackson's Hole.
8. What offer was made by the Indian Chief at the end of Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) To give them twice as many goods back.
(b) To help the men hunt.
(c) To replace the stolen goods.
(d) To leave them alone in exchange for directions.
9. What month was it when Part 2 began?
10. How many villages of Flathead Indians did the men meet in Part 2?
11. How many Indians did Russell encounter in Part 2 (pp.44-63) after descending the snow covered mountain?
12. How long did it take the group to reach the Platte River in the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few months.
13. On which river was Fort Hall built?
(a) Powder River.
(b) Firehole River.
(c) Greybull River.
(d) Snake River.
14. What did Russell use to cut through the ice while hiking up the the snow covered mountain in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) A knife.
(b) His boot.
(c) A stick.
(d) A rock.
15. How many Indians surrounded the men in the Teton Mountains in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fruit was being enjoyed by the bears that Russell observed at the 25-Yard River?
2. How many Indians attacked Howell and another trapper in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
3. Following the Indian attack, what caused the party to become disabled?
4. What was the date when the group crossed the Continental Divide in Part 1?
5. How many others joined Russell as the group split up at Jackson's Hole?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)