|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed between the two Indian attacks that occurred in the winter in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
(a) A few days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Two days.
2. What year was it when Part 2 (pp. 104-123) began?
3. How many hunters met by Ham's Fork in Part 1?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Six hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Eight hundred.
4. What offer was made by the Indian Chief at the end of Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) To leave them alone in exchange for directions.
(b) To replace the stolen goods.
(c) To give them twice as many goods back.
(d) To help the men hunt.
5. After being defeated by the Indians in Part 1, what was all that was left of Captain Thing's expedition?
(a) Food and horses.
(b) Men and food.
(c) Men and horses.
(d) Men, food, and horses.
6. How many Indians did Bridger see through his telescope in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
(a) Eleven hundred.
(b) Eight hundred.
(c) Fifteen hundred.
(d) Two thousand.
7. How many large peaks made up the Tetons?
8. Which fruit was being enjoyed by the bears that Russell observed at the 25-Yard River?
9. Why was it difficult to trap beavers along the river in Part 1?
(a) Unpredictable water.
(b) Low visability.
(c) High water.
(d) Large amounts of rocks.
10. On which river was Fort Hall built?
(a) Firehole River.
(b) Powder River.
(c) Greybull River.
(d) Snake River.
11. How many men planned to go to Yellowstone Lake at the end of Part 1?
(b) Seventy five.
(c) Twenty five.
(d) One hundred.
12. When the raft fell apart on the return trip across the Fork, what did Russell worry about losing?
(a) His clothes and tents.
(b) His tents, but not his clothes.
(c) Neither his clothes nor his tents.
(d) His clothes, but not his tents.
13. When did Russell reach the 25-Yard River in Part 2?
14. In what year did Russell join the expedition in Independence, Missouri, at the beginning of Part 1?
15. How did Russell feel about the leader of his group after meeting the Flathead Indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. After reaching Salt River, which valley did the men approach in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
2. How long did the trappers wait before sneaking up on the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
3. While camping with Bridger's men between February and March, how did Russell describe the provisions?
4. What did the men follow in Part 2 (pp.44-63) to reach the Teton Mountains?
5. What did Russell learn from the three Indians that stayed at the fort in Part 1?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)