|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crossing the Yellowstone River, why do four men secretly leave the group in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) To plan an ambush on the trappers.
(b) To hunt buffalo.
(c) To form a new party.
(d) To plan an ambush on the Indians.
2. Where was Howell's encampment located?
(a) Near Clarks Fork.
(b) Near Fort Platte.
(c) Near Laramie River.
(d) Near Fort Sanders.
3. When Fort Hall was resupplied, what direction did Russell travel to for the winter?
4. Which type of bear did Russell shoot in the shoulder before being attacked in Part 1?
5. On which river was Fort Hall built?
(a) Firehole River.
(b) Greybull River.
(c) Snake River.
(d) Powder River.
6. What signal of peace was given when the men spotted the Indians for a second time in Part 2?
(a) The waving of the American Flag.
(b) Shaking hands.
(c) The waving of hands.
7. How many men drowned while crossing the Fork on a horse in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
8. In Part 1, as the men were at the Fort trading with the Indians, how many miles north were Bridger's men?
(a) One hundred and twenty.
(d) One hundred.
9. What time of day was it when the men first saw the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
10. How long did the battle with the Bonnack Indians last before they sued for peace and promised to be friendly?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Five days.
11. How many Indians approached when the men were burning their goods in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(b) Twenty five.
12. What was the highest number of Indians which Russell stayed with on the trip he took alone in Part 2?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Sixteen hundred.
(c) Eighteen hundred.
(d) Fourteen hundred.
13. How many large peaks made up the Tetons?
14. How many Indians did Bridger see through his telescope in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
(a) Two thousand.
(b) Eight hundred.
(c) Fifteen hundred.
(d) Eleven hundred.
15. While camping with Bridger's men between February and March, how did Russell describe the provisions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term was used to describe the earth as the men camped by the hot springs of Yellowstone in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
2. Following the Indian attack, what caused the party to become disabled?
3. How did Russell feel about the leader of his group after meeting the Flathead Indians?
4. How many others joined Russell as the group split up at Jackson's Hole?
5. Which one of the following was not included in the group of men that joined the expedition with Russell in Part 1?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)