|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides passing sheep, what was the Sheep Rock known for?
(c) Strong winds.
(d) Mineral springs.
2. What were the men doing by the fireside at the Yellowstone camp?
(a) Telling stories.
(b) Telling jokes.
(c) Drawing maps.
(d) Discussing their plans.
3. What was the name of the Indian village that Russell found near Big Horn Mountain in Part 2?
(a) Long Hair's Pack.
(b) Long Hair's Camp.
(c) Long Hair's Band.
(d) Long Hair's Troop.
4. Where was the raft found the next day, after being separated from the men in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) On a rock.
(b) On the river.
(c) At an Indian lodge.
(d) Near an island.
5. What did the men follow in Part 2 (pp.44-63) to reach the Teton Mountains?
(a) A trail.
(b) A forest.
(c) A creek.
(d) A map.
6. What did the Indians do before following the men and robbing them in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) Smoked and made threats, but did not eat.
(b) Ate and smoke, but did not make threats.
(c) Ate and made threats, but did not smoke.
(d) Ate, smoke, and made threats.
7. Besides clothing, which one of the following was purchased by the trappers on July 5 in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
8. How did the Englishman, Allen, respond to the scenery of the Secluded Valley?
(a) He was impressed.
(b) He was unimpressed.
(c) He did not notice it.
(d) He was confused.
9. How many Indians did Bridger see through his telescope in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
(a) Eleven hundred.
(b) Eight hundred.
(c) Fifteen hundred.
(d) Two thousand.
10. What month was it when Part 2 began?
11. Which rest stop did the men travel to after leaving Yellowstone Lake?
(a) Names Hill.
(b) Middle Fork.
(d) Secluded Valley.
12. How many Indians approached when the men were burning their goods in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(c) Twenty five.
13. How many men were injured when they were fired upon by the Indians in the Spring?
14. Which animal did Russell and some other trappers hunt to keep a steady food supply during the winter in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
15. How many villages of Flathead Indians did the men meet in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest number of Indians which Russell stayed with on the trip he took alone in Part 2?
2. Which fruit was being enjoyed by the bears that Russell observed at the 25-Yard River?
3. What time of day was it when the men first saw the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
4. What year was it when Part 2 (pp. 104-123) began?
5. As the group traveled near Jackson's Lake, what insects were noted as being absent because of the cold?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)