|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 218- 228, Letters pp. 236- 248.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Russell say farewell to his hunting and trapping ground, the mountains, and the animals he hunted in Letters (pp. 236-248)?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a story.
(c) With a quote.
(d) With a poem.
2. What did Russell use to cut through the ice while hiking up the the snow covered mountain in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) A stick.
(b) His boot.
(c) A rock.
(d) A knife.
3. What were the men being taught during the winter on the Yellowstone River?
(c) Classical studies.
4. Why were the numbers of Crow Indians being reduced?
(a) War and smallpox.
(b) War, but not smallpox.
(c) Neither war nor smallpox.
(d) Smallpox, but not war.
5. Which three colors were in the stream near Old Faithful in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
(a) Red, white, and blue.
(b) Red, yellow, and purple.
(c) Red, blue, and yellow.
(d) Red, white, and purple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Russell converse with the Indian to learn about his stolen goods?
2. What type of taste did the spring water at Lewis Lake have?
3. After crossing the Yellowstone River, why do four men secretly leave the group in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
4. What town did Russell live in when the last letter of the book was written?
5. Who was with Russell as he traveled west towards the Willamette River?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)