|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 218- 228, Letters pp. 236- 248.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did the four Americans return to Fort Hall for the winter in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
(a) December 10.
(b) November 20.
(c) December 5.
(d) November 5.
2. What did the Indians do before following the men and robbing them in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) Ate, smoke, and made threats.
(b) Ate and made threats, but did not smoke.
(c) Smoked and made threats, but did not eat.
(d) Ate and smoke, but did not make threats.
3. After seeing the Canadian, what did Russell and White shoot by a lake?
(a) A deer.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A moose.
(d) A buffalo.
4. In September, what type of weather were Russell and White dealing with in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
(a) Neither snow nor rain.
(b) Snow, but not rain.
(c) Rain and snow.
(d) Rain, but not snow.
5. What did the Indians use Flathead language for at the end of Part 2?
(a) To ask the trappers a question.
(b) To insult the trappers.
(c) To lecture the trappers.
(d) To warn the trappers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Russell gather water to drink for White and himself?
2. What name did Russell have for the education the men were receiving during the winter on Yellowstone River?
3. What were the men doing by the fireside at the Yellowstone camp?
4. What type of buffalo robes did Fontanelle give the men at Fort William in Part 2?
5. How many letters were written to Eleanor Reed in Letters (pp. 236-248)?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)