|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 218- 228, Letters pp. 236- 248.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the men gather before discovering that Forth Hall had been purchased from Mr. Wyeth in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
2. Which rest stop did the men travel to after leaving Yellowstone Lake?
(b) Secluded Valley.
(c) Middle Fork.
(d) Names Hill.
3. When the raft fell apart on the return trip across the Fork, what did Russell worry about losing?
(a) His clothes and tents.
(b) Neither his clothes nor his tents.
(c) His clothes, but not his tents.
(d) His tents, but not his clothes.
4. What were the men being taught during the winter on the Yellowstone River?
(b) Classical studies.
5. What type of buffalo robes did Fontanelle give the men at Fort William in Part 2?
(a) Slightly worn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following was not included in the group of men that joined the expedition with Russell in Part 1?
2. Besides passing sheep, what was the Sheep Rock known for?
3. Which type of bear did Russell shoot in the shoulder before being attacked in Part 1?
4. How many letters were written to Eleanor Reed in Letters (pp. 236-248)?
5. How did Russell say farewell to his hunting and trapping ground, the mountains, and the animals he hunted in Letters (pp. 236-248)?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)