|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 184-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Russell when he saw a grizzly bear in its den?
(a) A tree.
(b) On top of the den.
(c) Next to the den.
(d) A mountain.
2. What was the name of the Indian village that Russell found near Big Horn Mountain in Part 2?
(a) Long Hair's Band.
(b) Long Hair's Pack.
(c) Long Hair's Troop.
(d) Long Hair's Camp.
3. What did Russell use to keep warm in Part 2 (pp. 144-163) as he was hunting for elk during the winter?
(a) A blanket and an epishemore.
(b) An epishemore, but not a blanket.
(c) A blanket, but not an epishemore.
(d) Neither a blanket nor an epishemore.
4. How long did it take the group to reach the Platte River in the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A couple of weeks.
(d) Several weeks.
5. How did Russell converse with the Indian to learn about his stolen goods?
(a) Indian dialect.
(b) Sign language.
(c) A written note.
(d) Drawing characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Russell reach the 25-Yard River in Part 2?
2. When the raft fell apart on the return trip across the Fork, what did Russell worry about losing?
3. How many large peaks made up the Tetons?
4. After crossing the Yellowstone River, why do four men secretly leave the group in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
5. How was the Indian Chief's reaction to the stolen goods described in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)