|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 184-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
(a) Panther, sheep, and snake.
(b) Panther, sheep, and elk.
(c) Panther, snake, and elk.
(d) Panther, sheep, elk, and snake.
2. How did the men respond to receiving the buffalo robes and discovering Fontanelle's warehouse?
(a) They were appreciative.
(b) They were amused.
(c) They were confused.
(d) They were resentful.
3. On which river was Fort Hall built?
(a) Firehole River.
(b) Powder River.
(c) Snake River.
(d) Greybull River.
4. What did the hunters and the friendly Indians do as a result of Howell's murder?
(a) They separated to make it harder for the Indians to attack them.
(b) They attacked the Indians.
(c) They looked for more people to help them.
(d) They left the area.
5. When the raft fell apart on the return trip across the Fork, what did Russell worry about losing?
(a) His clothes, but not his tents.
(b) His clothes and tents.
(c) Neither his clothes nor his tents.
(d) His tents, but not his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day was it when the men first saw the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
2. When were the trappers attacked by the Indians in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
3. After tiring of dried meat, what did the men intend to live off of in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
4. By Fontanelle's instructions, when was Russell's group supposed to meet with the main party again in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
5. How many others joined Russell as the group split up at Jackson's Hole?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)