|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 184-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Englishman, Allen, respond to the scenery of the Secluded Valley?
(a) He was unimpressed.
(b) He was impressed.
(c) He did not notice it.
(d) He was confused.
2. How was Russell's stay through the winter in Part 2 (pp.64-83), before leaving in February?
(a) He was well-fed and comfortable.
(b) He was well-fed, entertained, and comfortable.
(c) He was well-fed and entertained.
(d) He was comfortable and entertained.
3. How many Indians attacked Howell and another trapper in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
4. Which creek did Russell travel to after passing the Salt River during the Spring in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) Chugwater Creek.
(b) Shell Creek.
(c) Greys Creek.
(d) Plateau Creek.
5. What was the date when the group crossed the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) June 18.
(b) July 12.
(c) June 28.
(d) July 22.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was the trader who was forced to return the skins to Russell?
2. Who was with Russell as he traveled west towards the Willamette River?
3. What did the Indians use Flathead language for at the end of Part 2?
4. Where did Russell and fifteen other men travel to for the winter in Part 2?
5. What year was it when Part 2 (pp. 104-123) began?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)