|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 184-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following was not included in the group of men that joined the expedition with Russell in Part 1?
2. What is another name for the Big Horn River?
(a) Buffalo River.
(b) Big Horn Sea.
(c) Wind River.
(d) Large Horn River.
3. How wide is Yellowstone Lake?
(a) Fifty miles.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) One hundred and fifty miles.
(d) Twenty five miles.
4. Why was the hunting that Russell did with Elbridge in the mountains dangerous?
(a) The temperatures were colder.
(b) The animals were more defensive.
(c) It was easier to get lost.
(d) The ice was slippery.
5. Why was Russell having problems walking after not eating for three days on his way to Fort Hall?
(a) A cramp in his leg.
(b) An injured foot.
(c) Infection of an old wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles away was Fort Hall when Russell and White crossed the Teton Mountains pass in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
2. What time of day was it when the men first saw the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
3. When did the men first see the Indians in the Teton Mountains in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
4. Why was it difficult to trap beavers along the river in Part 1?
5. How many large peaks made up the Tetons?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)