|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 184-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed between the two Indian attacks that occurred in the winter in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
2. Which river, near Ham's Fork, did the expedition meet the hunters after crossing the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) Sweetwater River.
(b) Green River.
(c) Cheyenne River.
(d) Madison River.
3. What was the date when the group crossed the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) July 22.
(b) June 18.
(c) June 28.
(d) July 12.
4. Following the Indian attack, what caused the party to become disabled?
(a) Lost weapons and inclement weather.
(b) Deserting men and inclement weather.
(c) Animals were shot and men deserted.
(d) Men deserted and weapons were lost.
5. On the night that Russell and his group arrived at the Stinking River, how many of their horses were stolen?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indians did Bridger see through his telescope in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
2. What disease had killed the Indians of the abandoned camp the men passed in Part 2?
3. When did Russell reach the 25-Yard River in Part 2?
4. How long did the battle with the Bonnack Indians last before they sued for peace and promised to be friendly?
5. Which one of the following was not included in the group of men that joined the expedition with Russell in Part 1?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)