|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp 164- 183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it when Russell spoke of setting up beaver traps under the waterline?
2. Which rest stop did the men travel to after leaving Yellowstone Lake?
(a) Secluded Valley.
(c) Names Hill.
(d) Middle Fork.
3. What year was it when Russell joined twenty beaver trappers in Part 1?
4. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
(a) Panther, snake, and elk.
(b) Panther, sheep, and snake.
(c) Panther, sheep, elk, and snake.
(d) Panther, sheep, and elk.
5. Where did Russell and fifteen other men travel to for the winter in Part 2?
(a) Hayden Valley.
(b) Mutton Hill.
(c) Gallatin Range.
(d) Lewis Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Indian who told Russell about his stolen goods in Part 2 was from what tribe?
2. After tiring of dried meat, what did the men intend to live off of in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
3. What tribe of friendly Indians did Russell meet at the 25-Yard River?
4. What signal of peace was given when the men spotted the Indians for a second time in Part 2?
5. What were the Bonnack Indians suspected of in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)