|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp 164- 183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Russell learn from the three Indians that stayed at the fort in Part 1?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) How to cook.
(c) More about their weapons.
(d) More about their language.
2. What were the men doing by the fireside at the Yellowstone camp?
(a) Drawing maps.
(b) Telling stories.
(c) Discussing their plans.
(d) Telling jokes.
3. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
(a) Panther, sheep, and elk.
(b) Panther, sheep, elk, and snake.
(c) Panther, snake, and elk.
(d) Panther, sheep, and snake.
4. How did Russell converse with the Indian to learn about his stolen goods?
(a) Drawing characters.
(b) Indian dialect.
(c) Sign language.
(d) A written note.
5. When Fort Hall was resupplied, what direction did Russell travel to for the winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the raft fell apart on the return trip across the Fork, what did Russell worry about losing?
2. What did Russell use to cut through the ice while hiking up the the snow covered mountain in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
3. Which creek did Russell travel to after passing the Salt River during the Spring in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
4. The men were trying to find _________at the beginning of Part 2.
5. How did Russell describe the thunderstorms near Grey's River?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)