|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp 164- 183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Russell's stay through the winter in Part 2 (pp.64-83), before leaving in February?
(a) He was well-fed, entertained, and comfortable.
(b) He was comfortable and entertained.
(c) He was well-fed and entertained.
(d) He was well-fed and comfortable.
2. After reaching Salt River, which valley did the men approach in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) Jackson's Hole.
(b) Elk Basin.
(c) Bridger Valley.
(d) Star Valley.
3. Which river, near Ham's Fork, did the expedition meet the hunters after crossing the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) Green River.
(b) Cheyenne River.
(c) Madison River.
(d) Sweetwater River.
4. How was Russell treated by Mr. Courtney Walker at Fort Hall when they returned in Part 2 (pp. 164-183)?
(a) Russell did not comment about it.
(d) Well in some ways, and fairly in other ways.
5. How many men were injured when they were fired upon by the Indians in the Spring?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many villages of Flathead Indians did the men meet in Part 2?
2. As a result of the battle with the Indians in the Teton Mountains, where was one man shot and injured?
3. How many men drowned while crossing the Fork on a horse in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
4. How did Russell converse with the Indian to learn about his stolen goods?
5. The men were trying to find _________at the beginning of Part 2.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)