|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 104- 123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the highest number of Indians which Russell stayed with on the trip he took alone in Part 2?
(a) Eighteen hundred.
(b) Sixteen hundred.
(c) Fourteen hundred.
(d) Two thousand.
2. Why was it difficult to trap beavers along the river in Part 1?
(a) Large amounts of rocks.
(b) High water.
(c) Unpredictable water.
(d) Low visability.
3. What name did Russell have for the education the men were receiving during the winter on Yellowstone River?
(a) Rocky Mountain University.
(b) Rocky Mountain High.
(c) Rocky Mountain 101.
(d) Rocky Mountain School.
4. How many men drowned while crossing the Fork on a horse in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. What type of meat did Russell have while staying with Bridger's men between February and March?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
2. How long did the battle with the Bonnack Indians last before they sued for peace and promised to be friendly?
3. Where did the group go before Big Jackson's Hole in Part 2?
4. The men were trying to find _________at the beginning of Part 2.
5. After reaching Salt River, which valley did the men approach in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)