|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 104- 123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fort Hall was resupplied, what direction did Russell travel to for the winter?
2. On the night that Russell and his group arrived at the Stinking River, how many of their horses were stolen?
3. How many men were injured when they were fired upon by the Indians in the Spring?
4. How many large peaks made up the Tetons?
5. What did Russell learn from the three Indians that stayed at the fort in Part 1?
(a) How to hunt.
(b) How to cook.
(c) More about their language.
(d) More about their weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal do the men kill and eat while staying at Secluded Valley in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
2. What did Russell use to cut through the ice while hiking up the the snow covered mountain in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
3. Which animal did Russell and some other trappers hunt to keep a steady food supply during the winter in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
4. What term was used to describe the earth as the men camped by the hot springs of Yellowstone in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
5. What name did Russell have for the education the men were receiving during the winter on Yellowstone River?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)