|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 104- 123.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Indians do before following the men and robbing them in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) Ate and smoke, but did not make threats.
(b) Smoked and made threats, but did not eat.
(c) Ate and made threats, but did not smoke.
(d) Ate, smoke, and made threats.
2. What did the hunters and the friendly Indians do as a result of Howell's murder?
(a) They attacked the Indians.
(b) They left the area.
(c) They separated to make it harder for the Indians to attack them.
(d) They looked for more people to help them.
3. In what year did Russell join the expedition in Independence, Missouri, at the beginning of Part 1?
4. What were the men being taught during the winter on the Yellowstone River?
(c) Classical studies.
5. How many men were injured when they were fired upon by the Indians in the Spring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides clothing, which one of the following was purchased by the trappers on July 5 in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
2. When Fort Hall was resupplied, what direction did Russell travel to for the winter?
3. How many Indians attacked Howell and another trapper in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
4. Where was the raft found the next day, after being separated from the men in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. How was Russell's stay through the winter in Part 2 (pp.64-83), before leaving in February?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)