|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 84-103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, as the men were at the Fort trading with the Indians, how many miles north were Bridger's men?
(a) One hundred.
(d) One hundred and twenty.
2. What did the men follow in Part 2 (pp.44-63) to reach the Teton Mountains?
(a) A creek.
(b) A trail.
(c) A map.
(d) A forest.
3. Where did Russell and fifteen other men travel to for the winter in Part 2?
(a) Gallatin Range.
(b) Hayden Valley.
(c) Mutton Hill.
(d) Lewis Canyon.
4. What term was used to describe the earth as the men camped by the hot springs of Yellowstone in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
5. After being defeated by the Indians in Part 1, what was all that was left of Captain Thing's expedition?
(a) Food and horses.
(b) Men and horses.
(c) Men and food.
(d) Men, food, and horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men drowned while crossing the Fork on a horse in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
2. Which rest stop did the men travel to after leaving Yellowstone Lake?
3. What tribe of friendly Indians did Russell meet at the 25-Yard River?
4. What month was it when Part 2 began?
5. Including Russell, how many men did Wyeth leave at Fort Hall in Part 1?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)