|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 64- 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reaching Salt River, which valley did the men approach in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) Star Valley.
(b) Elk Basin.
(c) Bridger Valley.
(d) Jackson's Hole.
2. How was Russell's stay through the winter in Part 2 (pp.64-83), before leaving in February?
(a) He was comfortable and entertained.
(b) He was well-fed and entertained.
(c) He was well-fed, entertained, and comfortable.
(d) He was well-fed and comfortable.
3. What was the date when the group crossed the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) June 28.
(b) July 12.
(c) July 22.
(d) June 18.
4. When were the trappers attacked by the Indians in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
5. After crossing the Yellowstone River, why do four men secretly leave the group in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) To hunt buffalo.
(b) To plan an ambush on the Indians.
(c) To plan an ambush on the trappers.
(d) To form a new party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were on the expedition to the Rockies when Russell joined in Part 1?
2. In what year did Russell join the expedition in Independence, Missouri, at the beginning of Part 1?
3. Which creek did Russell travel to after passing the Salt River during the Spring in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
4. How many men drowned while crossing the Fork on a horse in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. Why was it difficult to trap beavers along the river in Part 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)