|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 64- 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did the hunters discover the sixty Indian lodges in Part 1?
(a) November 22.
(b) Novermber 10.
(c) October 1.
(d) October 12.
2. Following the Indian attack, what caused the party to become disabled?
(a) Men deserted and weapons were lost.
(b) Lost weapons and inclement weather.
(c) Deserting men and inclement weather.
(d) Animals were shot and men deserted.
3. In what year did Russell join the expedition in Independence, Missouri, at the beginning of Part 1?
4. How many men were injured when they were fired upon by the Indians in the Spring?
5. In order to cross the Fork, what did the men use to make a boat in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(b) Snake skin.
(c) Buffalo skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the raft fell apart on the return trip across the Fork, what did Russell worry about losing?
2. How many horses were lost during the battle with the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
3. As a result of the battle with the Indians in the Teton Mountains, where was one man shot and injured?
4. What time of day was it when the men first saw the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
5. How was Russell's stay through the winter in Part 2 (pp.64-83), before leaving in February?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)