|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 64- 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Russell learn from the three Indians that stayed at the fort in Part 1?
(a) More about their language.
(b) How to hunt.
(c) More about their weapons.
(d) How to cook.
2. Which type of bear did Russell shoot in the shoulder before being attacked in Part 1?
3. The men were trying to find _________at the beginning of Part 2.
(a) Clark's Fork.
(b) Smith's Fork.
(c) Lewis' Fork.
(d) North Fork.
4. How many Indians surrounded the men in the Teton Mountains in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. Following the Indian attack, what caused the party to become disabled?
(a) Deserting men and inclement weather.
(b) Men deserted and weapons were lost.
(c) Lost weapons and inclement weather.
(d) Animals were shot and men deserted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date when the group crossed the Continental Divide in Part 1?
2. In Part 1, as the men were at the Fort trading with the Indians, how many miles north were Bridger's men?
3. As a result of the battle with the Indians in the Teton Mountains, where was one man shot and injured?
4. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
5. How many men were injured when they were fired upon by the Indians in the Spring?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)