|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pp. 44-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the group split up in Part 2 (pp.44-63), where did the men with Russell think they were initially?
(a) Big Horn.
(b) Swift Creek.
(c) Rock Creek.
(d) They were lost.
2. What year was it when Russell joined twenty beaver trappers in Part 1?
3. How many hunters met by Ham's Fork in Part 1?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Six hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Eight hundred.
4. How long did it take the group to reach the Platte River in the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) A couple of weeks.
5. Besides passing sheep, what was the Sheep Rock known for?
(b) Strong winds.
(d) Mineral springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, as the men were at the Fort trading with the Indians, how many miles north were Bridger's men?
2. What did Russell learn from the three Indians that stayed at the fort in Part 1?
3. What was the date when the group crossed the Continental Divide in Part 1?
4. After being defeated by the Indians in Part 1, what was all that was left of Captain Thing's expedition?
5. What month was it when Part 2 began?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)