|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, pp. 44-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the group to reach the Platte River in the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) A couple of weeks.
2. What did Russell use to cut through the ice while hiking up the the snow covered mountain in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) A rock.
(b) His boot.
(c) A stick.
(d) A knife.
3. In order to cross the Fork, what did the men use to make a boat in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
(a) Snake skin.
(d) Buffalo skin.
4. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
(a) Panther, sheep, and snake.
(b) Panther, sheep, and elk.
(c) Panther, sheep, elk, and snake.
(d) Panther, snake, and elk.
5. What did Russell learn from the three Indians that stayed at the fort in Part 1?
(a) How to cook.
(b) More about their language.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) More about their weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it difficult to trap beavers along the river in Part 1?
2. How long did the trappers wait before sneaking up on the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
3. In Part 1, as the men were at the Fort trading with the Indians, how many miles north were Bridger's men?
4. Where was the raft found the next day, after being separated from the men in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. In what year did Russell join the expedition in Independence, Missouri, at the beginning of Part 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)