|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 84-103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the group of hunters and Indians have to separate in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) To make room for hunting.
(b) To avoid becoming lost.
(c) To cover more ground quickly.
(d) To make room for feeding horses.
2. What were the men doing by the fireside at the Yellowstone camp?
(a) Discussing their plans.
(b) Telling stories.
(c) Telling jokes.
(d) Drawing maps.
3. When were the trappers attacked by the Indians in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
4. Where was Howell's encampment located?
(a) Near Fort Sanders.
(b) Near Laramie River.
(c) Near Fort Platte.
(d) Near Clarks Fork.
5. What was the date when the group crossed the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) July 12.
(b) June 18.
(c) June 28.
(d) July 22.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Russell join the expedition in Independence, Missouri, at the beginning of Part 1?
2. How many large peaks made up the Tetons?
3. What were the men being taught during the winter on the Yellowstone River?
4. In order to cross the Fork, what did the men use to make a boat in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)