|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 84-103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being defeated by the Indians in Part 1, what was all that was left of Captain Thing's expedition?
(a) Food and horses.
(b) Men and horses.
(c) Men and food.
(d) Men, food, and horses.
2. On what date did the hunters discover the sixty Indian lodges in Part 1?
(a) November 22.
(b) October 1.
(c) Novermber 10.
(d) October 12.
3. How many Indians did Russell encounter in Part 2 (pp.44-63) after descending the snow covered mountain?
4. What month was it when Part 2 began?
5. As the group split up in Part 2 (pp.44-63), where did the men with Russell think they were initially?
(a) Rock Creek.
(b) Big Horn.
(c) Swift Creek.
(d) They were lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Preparing for the winter on the Yellowstone River in Part 2 (pp. 84-103), how many men did the lodges hold?
2. Which creek did Russell travel to after passing the Salt River during the Spring in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
3. In order to cross the Fork, what did the men use to make a boat in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
4. What did Russell use to cut through the ice while hiking up the the snow covered mountain in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. What term was used to describe the earth as the men camped by the hot springs of Yellowstone in Part 2 (pp. 84-103)?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)