|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 144- 163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Russell's horse killed in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
(a) By gunfire.
(b) From exhaustion.
(c) By an arrow.
(d) By falling off a precipice.
2. How did the Englishman, Allen, respond to the scenery of the Secluded Valley?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He was impressed.
(c) He was unimpressed.
(d) He did not notice it.
3. What did the hunters and the friendly Indians do as a result of Howell's murder?
(a) They attacked the Indians.
(b) They separated to make it harder for the Indians to attack them.
(c) They left the area.
(d) They looked for more people to help them.
4. How many men drowned while crossing the Fork on a horse in Part 2 (pp.44-63)?
5. Which fruit was being enjoyed by the bears that Russell observed at the 25-Yard River?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Russell and fifteen other men travel to for the winter in Part 2?
2. Which animal do the men kill and eat while staying at Secluded Valley in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
3. How many men were injured when they were fired upon by the Indians in the Spring?
4. How long did the battle with the Bonnack Indians last before they sued for peace and promised to be friendly?
5. What kind of animal skins did the men trade with the Indians for supplies at Yellowstone River?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)