|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 144- 163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the trappers wait before sneaking up on the Indians in the Teton Mountains?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three minutes.
2. Which creek did Russell travel to after passing the Salt River during the Spring in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) Plateau Creek.
(b) Chugwater Creek.
(c) Shell Creek.
(d) Greys Creek.
3. As the group traveled near Jackson's Lake, what insects were noted as being absent because of the cold?
4. When did Russell reach the 25-Yard River in Part 2?
5. Following the Indian attack, what caused the party to become disabled?
(a) Men deserted and weapons were lost.
(b) Deserting men and inclement weather.
(c) Lost weapons and inclement weather.
(d) Animals were shot and men deserted.
Short Answer Questions
1. While camping with Bridger's men between February and March, how did Russell describe the provisions?
2. What were the men doing by the fireside at the Yellowstone camp?
3. As the group split up in Part 2 (pp.44-63), where did the men with Russell think they were initially?
4. How many others joined Russell as the group split up at Jackson's Hole?
5. Which sounds frightened Corm, the Irishman of the group, in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)