|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 144- 163.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Russell's horse during the Indian attack in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
(a) It fell while riding fast.
(b) It ran away.
(c) It was shot once.
(d) It was shot twice.
2. What were the men being taught during the winter on the Yellowstone River?
(a) Classical studies.
3. What did the men gather before discovering that Forth Hall had been purchased from Mr. Wyeth in Part 2 (pp. 144-163)?
4. Why was the hunting that Russell did with Elbridge in the mountains dangerous?
(a) The temperatures were colder.
(b) It was easier to get lost.
(c) The ice was slippery.
(d) The animals were more defensive.
5. How did Russell describe the thunderstorms near Grey's River?
(a) Always with rain.
(b) With or without rain, and often.
(c) Never with rain.
(d) With or without rain, and sporadic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which rest stop did the men travel to after leaving Yellowstone Lake?
2. After crossing the Yellowstone River, why do four men secretly leave the group in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
3. What offer was made by the Indian Chief at the end of Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
4. How many men were injured when they were fired upon by the Indians in the Spring?
5. Which sounds frightened Corm, the Irishman of the group, in Part 2 (pp. 104-123)?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)