|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 184-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Indians use Flathead language for at the end of Part 2?
(a) To warn the trappers.
(b) To lecture the trappers.
(c) To ask the trappers a question.
(d) To insult the trappers.
2. By which river did Fontanelle inform Russell and Allen that their goods had been recovered?
(a) Nowood River.
(b) Cheyenne River.
(c) Powder River.
(d) Madison River.
3. After spending the winter at Fort Hall, what did Russell find at the Great Salt Lake in the spring?
(a) Large numbers of ducks and other water birds.
(b) Large numbers of fish.
(c) Small numbers of fish.
(d) Small numbers of ducks and other water birds.
4. What type of meat did Russell have while staying with Bridger's men between February and March?
5. How was Russell's stay through the winter in Part 2 (pp.64-83), before leaving in February?
(a) He was well-fed and comfortable.
(b) He was comfortable and entertained.
(c) He was well-fed and entertained.
(d) He was well-fed, entertained, and comfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of directions was Russell given before meeting the Bonnack Indians in Part 2?
2. The Indian who told Russell about his stolen goods in Part 2 was from what tribe?
3. After crossing the Yellowstone River, why do four men secretly leave the group in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
4. As Part 2 (pp. 124-143) began, what were the men still doing in order to survive the winter?
5. What was Russell constructing when he was injured by an accidental explosion?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)