|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 184-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the group of hunters and Indians have to separate in Part 2 (pp.64-83)?
(a) To cover more ground quickly.
(b) To make room for hunting.
(c) To make room for feeding horses.
(d) To avoid becoming lost.
2. By which river did Fontanelle inform Russell and Allen that their goods had been recovered?
(a) Madison River.
(b) Nowood River.
(c) Cheyenne River.
(d) Powder River.
3. How many men did the Indian Chief admit to sending to rob Russell?
4. Who was with Russell as he traveled west towards the Willamette River?
(a) A group from the Northern United States.
(b) A group from the Southern United States.
(c) A group from the Western United States.
(d) A group from the Eastern United States.
5. While camping with Bridger's men between February and March, how did Russell describe the provisions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of directions was Russell given before meeting the Bonnack Indians in Part 2?
2. Who was with the Presbyterian preacher who was traveling back to the States in Part 2?
3. When did Russell reach the town on the falls of the Willamette River?
4. How many large peaks made up the Tetons?
5. What tribe(s) of Indians did Russell trade with in Part 2 (pp. 184-196)?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)