|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 184-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Russell feel about the leader of his group after meeting the Flathead Indians?
2. What type of buffalo robes did Fontanelle give the men at Fort William in Part 2?
(c) Slightly worn.
3. Who was with the Presbyterian preacher who was traveling back to the States in Part 2?
(a) A wife, a child, and another family.
(b) A wife and other relatives.
(c) A wife and two children.
(d) A wife and child.
4. Where was Russell when he saw a grizzly bear in its den?
(a) A mountain.
(b) On top of the den.
(c) A tree.
(d) Next to the den.
5. From how many feet did Russell observe the lake and sunrise from on the mountain in Part 2?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Eight thousand.
(d) Seven thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fort Hall was resupplied, what direction did Russell travel to for the winter?
2. Following the Indian attack, what caused the party to become disabled?
3. How was the Indian Chief's reaction to the stolen goods described in Part 2 (pp. 124-143)?
4. How did the men respond to receiving the buffalo robes and discovering Fontanelle's warehouse?
5. Where did Russell and fifteen other men travel to for the winter in Part 2?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)