Part 1, pp. 23- 43
1. In what year did Russell join the expedition in Independence, Missouri, at the beginning of Part 1?
2. How many men were on the expedition to the Rockies when Russell joined in Part 1?
3. Which one of the following was not included in the group of men that joined the expedition with Russell in Part 1?
4. How long did it take the group to reach the Platte River in the beginning of Part 1?
(a) A few months.
(b) Several weeks.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A couple of weeks.
5. What was the date when the group crossed the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) July 12.
(b) July 22.
(c) June 18.
(d) June 28.
6. Which river, near Ham's Fork, did the expedition meet the hunters after crossing the Continental Divide in Part 1?
(a) Green River.
(b) Madison River.
(c) Cheyenne River.
(d) Sweetwater River.
7. How many hunters met by Ham's Fork in Part 1?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Six hundred.
(d) Eight hundred.
This section contains 4,155 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)