Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fanny was stolen by gypsies, who was put in her place as a child to be raised by the Andrews?
2. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
3. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
4. What Christian value is discussed in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
5. What is quiet while vice is boisterous according to Fielding?
Describe some of the settings for Joseph Andrews; with Shamela; and Related Writings. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. How do these settings, even if imaginary, reflect modern settings or culture? Why did the author choose to use these places in the tales?
Compare the depiction of the female character of Fanny in the book with Shamela. How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through these examples?
Choose a character that Joseph grows to like and become familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)