|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
2. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
3. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
4. What Christian value is discussed in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
5. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Money has particular significance in the Joseph Andrews; with Shamela; and Related Writings. What is the significance of having money in the story? Who chases after money? Who has money? Who loses money? Who gains money? What does Fielding ultimately say about money through Joseph and the priests and what is the importance of this discovery and theses characters' roles?
Essay Topic 2
Secrecy is a recurring theme in Joseph Andrews; with Shamela; and Related Writings. Which characters have secrets and what are they? How are these secrets revealed? Do these secrets result in ominous consequences or not? Do any of them have happy endings?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as exhibited in Joseph Andrews; with Shamela; and Related Writings. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)