|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what periodical is an article written that finds Mr. Adams makes an agreeable character due to his innocence?
2. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
3. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
4. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
5. Where is Pamela abducted in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the depiction of the female character of Fanny in the book with Shamela. How are their ultimate experiences similar? What is the lesson that the author wishes to convey through these examples?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of self-empowerment as exhibited in Joseph Andrews. Which of the characters is self-empowered? How does Joseph learn to make decisions for himself?
Essay Topic 3
There are many autobiographical features in Joseph Andrews; with Shamela; and Related Writings, and they are believed to belong to Fielding. Which aspects appear invented and which characters seem modeled or inspired by real people in Fielding's life?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)