Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
2. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
3. Whose negative view is exaggerated in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
4. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
5. What does Elizabeth Carter find to be a variety of nature, wit, morality, and good sense that is written by Fielding?
Corruption in society is a prevailing theme of Joseph Andrews; with Shamela; and Related Writings. Fielding frequently refers to this theme, painting a bleak picture of London society. Which characters appear corrupt and why? Which characters appear to rise above corruption even if they were initially vulnerable to it? What is your opinion of the society that Fielding describes?
Explain the concept of self-empowerment as exhibited in Joseph Andrews. Which of the characters is self-empowered? How does Joseph learn to make decisions for himself?
Love and sexuality is a theme within the story. Describe how Joseph grows aware of sexuality and the principles he learns about love from his journey.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)