Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
2. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
3. Whose negative view is exaggerated in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
4. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
5. What does Elizabeth Carter find to be a variety of nature, wit, morality, and good sense that is written by Fielding?
Describe the social, cultural, and economic environment of Joseph Andrews. What are common customs? What is considered taboo? How do characters such as the Parson and clergyman offer his values and beliefs to Joseph? What effect does this have on Joseph and which values does he adopt?
Adventure is a recurring theme in Joseph Andrews; with Shamela; and Related Writings. Why is adventure important? How does this help Joseph grow? How does this whet his appetite for life? Describe some of the changes and experiences Joseph has through his adventures. Do these changes result in positive or negative consequences?
Explain Fielding's use of humor in the story. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor, and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)