Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
2. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
3. Whose negative view is exaggerated in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
4. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
5. What does Elizabeth Carter find to be a variety of nature, wit, morality, and good sense that is written by Fielding?
Essay Topic 1
Love and sexuality is a theme within the story. Describe how Joseph grows aware of sexuality and the principles he learns about love from his journey.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Joseph Andrews; with Shamela; and Related Writings. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Education is an important theme throughout the story. Who is educated? Who is not? What is the importance of a school education versus one of "real life"? How does Joseph gain knowledge in both? How does he change?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)