|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Christian value is discussed in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
2. Who does Pamela thank for preserving her innocence from Mr. B?
3. What does Joseph show when he is in the country especially when confronted with the obstacles to marrying Fanny?
4. When Fanny was stolen by gypsies, who was put in her place as a child to be raised by the Andrews?
5. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
2. When Wilson joyfully is reunited with Joseph, his son, who is agitated that Joseph can now marry Fanny?
3. Adams and Joseph Andrews embody the essential virtues of __________ in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
4. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
5. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "An Essay on the Knowledge of the Characters of Men," what does Fielding say about deceit?
2. In Sheldon Sacks's "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11," how is the narrator described?
3. In Dick Taylor Jr.'s "Joseph as Hero in 'Joseph Andrews,'" how is Joseph characterized?
4. How do Adams and Joseph reveal the essential virtues of the good man?
5. What does Wilson's choices in London reveal about his character?
6. How does the squire respond to Don Quixote's request regarding the boy in "The Life and Adventures of the Renown'd Don Quixote"?
7. In Martin C. Battlestin's "Thematic Meaning and Structure," what motifs are revealed?
8. How do Adam and Lady Booby differ in their reaction to Joseph and Fanny's arrival after Joseph rescues Fanny?
9. Why does Mr. Booby go to ecclesiastical court?
10. How does Fielding show his political beliefs in his work?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)