|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
2. Where does Shamela go when Mrs. Jervis plans to sell her to Mr. Booby?
(a) San Francisco.
3. Through what method does Fielding resolve most of the themes of "Joseph Andrews"?
4. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) He is his brother.
(b) He is his friend.
(c) He is his master.
(d) He is his servant.
5. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
(a) Joy and love.
(b) Folly and vice.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Love and hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
2. As Fielding professes that the clergyman is a successor of ___________'s disciples, the essay on clergy concludes.
3. Who discovers the parentage of Fanny?
4. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
5. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)