Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) A priest.
(b) A writer.
(c) A lover.
(d) A patron.
2. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
(a) A visit.
(b) A song.
(c) A fight.
(d) A game.
3. Whose negative view is exaggerated in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
(a) Shamela Jacobs.
(b) Angela Williams.
(c) Samuel Richardson.
(d) Henry Fielding.
4. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
5. What does Elizabeth Carter find to be a variety of nature, wit, morality, and good sense that is written by Fielding?
(a) Henry Fielding works.
(b) Parson William's works.
(c) Parson Andrews.
(d) Joseph Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
2. In Shamela, Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver with a copy of _____.
3. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
4. What is written in the closing months of Sir Robert Walpole's ascendency as first commissioner of treasury?
5. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)