|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does James Beattie think Fielding brings to masterly invention in Joseph Andrews?
2. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(d) The piano.
3. In Shamela, Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver with a copy of _____.
4. What elements does the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" have according to "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
5. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Feldenkras.
(c) The Basement.
(d) The Cannery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers the parentage of Fanny?
2. What does Pierre Francois Guyot Desfontaines think Fielding is one of the best at in England in terms of writing?
3. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
4. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
5. Who writes "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)