|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
2. Where does Adam end up sleeping, tired after the confusion surrounding Didapper, Fanny, Booby, and others with regards to sleeping and sex?
(a) Adams' room.
(b) Jan's room.
(c) Joseph's room.
(d) Fanny's room.
3. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
4. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
(a) A visit.
(b) A song.
(c) A game.
(d) A fight.
5. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fanny was stolen by gypsies, who was put in her place as a child to be raised by the Andrews?
2. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
3. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
4. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
5. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the peddler assist Joseph in finding his true identity?
2. In "Essay on Reputation," how does Fielding distinguish virtue and vice?
3. How do Adams and Joseph reveal the essential virtues of the good man?
4. In Sheldon Sacks's "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11," how is the narrator described?
5. How does Fielding show his political beliefs in his work?
6. What does Thomas Gray say about Fielding's work?
7. Why is Shamela willing to hide her relationship from her mother at Williams's request?
8. What does Wilson's choices in London reveal about his character?
9. Why is Pamela uncomfortable at the Lincolnshire estate where she is abducted?
10. In "Essay on Good Nature," what does Fielding say about good and ill nature?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)