|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
(a) Increases his debt.
(b) Whips him.
(c) Teaches him.
(d) Loves him.
2. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A small estate.
(d) A cellar.
3. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
4. Who is the villain and housekeeper of Mr. B's property that Pamela is abducted to in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
5. Who writes a dedication to "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers the parentage of Fanny?
2. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
3. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
4. Who does Pamela thank for preserving her innocence from Mr. B?
5. Unlike Joseph Andrews, Mr. Wilson's difficulties initially result from _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wilson's choices in London reveal about his character?
2. In "Essay on Good Nature," what does Fielding say about good and ill nature?
3. What does Thomas Gray say about Fielding's work?
4. How does the peddler assist Joseph in finding his true identity?
5. How is "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane" similar to Fielding's work?
6. What is the significance of the night adventures at Booby Hall according to Mark Spilka's "Comic Resolution in Fielding's 'Joseph Andrews'"?
7. How does the squire respond to Don Quixote's request regarding the boy in "The Life and Adventures of the Renown'd Don Quixote"?
8. In Martin C. Battlestin's "Thematic Meaning and Structure," what motifs are revealed?
9. Why does Shamela plot to seduce Mr. Booby?
10. How do Adams and Joseph reveal the essential virtues of the good man?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)