|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is quiet while vice is boisterous according to Fielding?
2. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
(a) A birthmark.
(b) A book.
(c) A mole.
(d) A temper.
3. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
4. Whose character do critics of Fielding's work all appear to support?
5. What does Shamela pretend to do when Mr. Booby touches her bosom in Letter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Shamela, Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver with a copy of _____.
2. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
3. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
4. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
5. Who does Don Quixote defeat in a fight and sends the man to present himself to Lady Donna Dulcinea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane" similar to Fielding's work?
2. Why is Pamela uncomfortable at the Lincolnshire estate where she is abducted?
3. What does Thomas Gray say about Fielding's work?
4. In "Essay on Reputation," how does Fielding distinguish virtue and vice?
5. In "Essay on Good Nature," what does Fielding say about good and ill nature?
6. What is shocking about the peddler's revelation about Fanny's heritage?
7. How is Pamela different from Shamela in her reaction to Mr. Booby?
8. Why is Shamela willing to hide her relationship from her mother at Williams's request?
9. How does Fielding show his political beliefs in his work?
10. Why does Mr. Booby go to ecclesiastical court?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)