|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
2. What is quiet while vice is boisterous according to Fielding?
3. What is stressed to "modify our notions of the place of sexual propriety in the world of the story" in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
4. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
(a) He likes her.
(b) He is kind.
(c) He is wise.
(d) He is old.
5. What clothes does Shamela wear in Letter 7 that prevent Mr. Booby from recognizing her?
(a) A parson's.
(b) A farmer's.
(c) A writer's.
(d) An artist's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
2. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
3. Who does Don Quixote defeat in a fight and sends the man to present himself to Lady Donna Dulcinea?
4. Who discovers the parentage of Fanny?
5. In "Thematic Meaning and Structure," what themes are discussed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Martin C. Battlestin's "Thematic Meaning and Structure," what motifs are revealed?
2. How does Fielding show his political beliefs in his work?
3. What is the comparison in Marivaux's novel that is similar to Fielding's work?
4. How is Pamela different from Shamela in her reaction to Mr. Booby?
5. What does Wilson's choices in London reveal about his character?
6. How do Adam and Lady Booby differ in their reaction to Joseph and Fanny's arrival after Joseph rescues Fanny?
7. How is "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane" similar to Fielding's work?
8. How does Fielding define charity?
9. How is Le Roman Comique similar to Joseph Andrews?
10. What does Thomas Gray say about Fielding's work?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)