|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A mansion.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A small estate.
(d) A cellar.
2. Why does Ragotin borrow a horse initially in "Le Roman Comique"?
(a) To steal from the king.
(b) To fight Roman.
(c) To get to court.
(d) To impress Star.
3. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
4. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
5. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adam end up sleeping, tired after the confusion surrounding Didapper, Fanny, Booby, and others with regards to sleeping and sex?
2. What does Shamela pretend to do when Mr. Booby touches her bosom in Letter 6?
3. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
4. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
5. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)