|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
2. Through what method does Fielding resolve most of the themes of "Joseph Andrews"?
3. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
4. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The priest.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The lover.
(d) The archbishop.
5. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
(b) Unworthy people.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
2. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
3. What character does James Beattie think Fielding brings to masterly invention in Joseph Andrews?
4. Adams and Joseph Andrews embody the essential virtues of __________ in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
5. Where is Pamela abducted in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)