|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is lost in love.
(b) Because she is crazy.
(c) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(d) Because she is slow to respond.
2. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His books.
(c) His pens.
(d) His clothes.
3. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
4. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
5. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
2. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
3. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
5. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shamela willing to hide her relationship from her mother at Williams's request?
2. How does Fielding define charity?
3. What do Adam's surprises reveal about life in "The Reasoning Behind the Form of 'Joseph Andrews'"?
4. How is Pamela different from Shamela in her reaction to Mr. Booby?
5. What does Thomas Gray say about Fielding's work?
6. Why is Lady Booby jealous of Fanny?
7. When Mrs. Slipslop's encourages Lady Booby to marry Joseph, why is Lady Booby indignant?
8. How does Fielding contrast biographies and romances?
9. Why do many critics like Fielding's characterization of Adams?
10. How do Mrs. Tow-wouse and Adams differ on money?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)