|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(a) Good manners.
2. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(c) Reading materials.
3. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
(a) The master.
(b) The designer.
(c) The artist.
(d) The priest.
4. What does the squire's retinue dunk Adams into?
5. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
Short Answer Questions
1. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
4. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
5. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the natures of Adams and Mrs. Slipslop revealed in their responses to Joseph and Fanny's reunion?
2. How is Trulliber revealed as a greedy clergyman?
3. Why does Adams admonish Joseph for grieving over Fanny when she is kidnapped?
4. How do Mrs. Tow-wouse and Adams differ on money?
5. What is the major theme of Fielding's book?
6. Why is the inn hostess initially helpful to Adam?
7. How does Fielding contrast Barnabas and the surgeon with Adams, Joseph, and Betty?
8. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
9. Why is Lady Booby jealous of Fanny?
10. How will Wilson be able to identify his lost son?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)