|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is crazy.
(b) Because she is slow to respond.
(c) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(d) Because she is lost in love.
2. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
3. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
4. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
5. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
2. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
3. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
4. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
5. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Essay on Good Nature," what does Fielding say about good and ill nature?
2. How will Wilson be able to identify his lost son?
3. Why does Mr. Booby go to ecclesiastical court?
4. How does Fielding define charity?
5. How are Wilson and Adams similar in virtue?
6. Why is Fielding unable to omit vices in his portrayal of real human nature?
7. Why is Shamela willing to hide her relationship from her mother at Williams's request?
8. What is the significance of the night adventures at Booby Hall according to Mark Spilka's "Comic Resolution in Fielding's 'Joseph Andrews'"?
9. What is shocking about the peddler's revelation about Fanny's heritage?
10. What does Joseph's encounter with the stagecoach reveal?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)