|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(c) Old age.
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The garden.
(c) The rooftop.
(d) The bar.
3. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
4. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his temper.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because of his mind.
5. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
2. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
4. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
5. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Morris Golden's "Fielding's Psychology and Its Relation to Morality," what does Fielding say about happiness?
2. Why does the squire pursue Adams, Joseph, and Fanny?
3. What is the significance of Leonora's tale?
4. What is the major theme of Fielding's book?
5. Why is Pounce considered selfish by Adams despite rescuing Fanny?
6. How does Lady Booby try to prevent Fanny from marrying Joseph?
7. How does the squire respond to Don Quixote's request regarding the boy in "The Life and Adventures of the Renown'd Don Quixote"?
8. How do Adams and Joseph reveal the essential virtues of the good man?
9. Why does Shamela plot to seduce Mr. Booby?
10. What does Fielding reveal about Betty through her actions that shows some conflict in her character?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)