|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A priest.
2. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
(a) Worldly ambitions.
(b) Being famous.
(c) Moral duties.
(d) Making money.
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mrs. Slipslop.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Mr. Parsons.
4. When Fanny is attacked by a young gentleman, Beau Didapper, and his servant, who rescues her?
5. Who is Wilson?
(a) A hospitable man.
(b) An inn owner.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
2. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
3. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
4. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
5. Who is Peter Pounce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fielding contrast biographies and romances?
2. Why is Lady Booby jealous of Fanny?
3. How do Mrs. Tow-wouse and Adams differ on money?
4. Why does the squire pursue Adams, Joseph, and Fanny?
5. How are the natures of Adams and Mrs. Slipslop revealed in their responses to Joseph and Fanny's reunion?
6. How are Wilson and Adams similar in virtue?
7. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
8. How will Wilson be able to identify his lost son?
9. How does London appear as a center of vice in Section 1: Joseph Andrews, Preface and Book 1, Chapters 1 through 12?
10. What does Fielding introduce through the character of Barnabas in regards to clergy?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)