|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
2. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A peddler.
(d) A teacher.
3. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
(a) A son.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A house.
(d) A book.
4. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
5. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A ring.
(c) A lottery ticket.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
2. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
4. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
5. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the inn hostess initially helpful to Adam?
2. What does Joseph's encounter with the stagecoach reveal?
3. Why does Shamela plot to seduce Mr. Booby?
4. When Adams's wife chides him on opposing the Booby household, what does Adam reveal about his inclinations?
5. What is the significance of Leonora's tale?
6. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
7. How does Fielding contrast Barnabas and the surgeon with Adams, Joseph, and Betty?
8. How does the peddler assist Joseph in finding his true identity?
9. How does Lady Booby try to prevent Fanny from marrying Joseph?
10. How do Adams and Joseph reveal the essential virtues of the good man?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)