|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
2. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
3. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
4. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
5. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(b) Human traits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
2. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
4. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
5. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adams admonish Joseph for grieving over Fanny when she is kidnapped?
2. How will Wilson be able to identify his lost son?
3. What does Fielding introduce through the character of Barnabas in regards to clergy?
4. How does Lady Booby try to prevent Fanny from marrying Joseph?
5. When Adams's wife chides him on opposing the Booby household, what does Adam reveal about his inclinations?
6. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
7. How does Fielding contrast Barnabas and the surgeon with Adams, Joseph, and Betty?
8. What is the importance of the Preface to "Joseph Andrews" for the remainder of the book?
9. Why does the squire pursue Adams, Joseph, and Fanny?
10. In what ways does Joseph reveal that he is maturing in how he responds to the gentleman's visit, differing from Adam's point of view?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)