|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(a) Mixed feelings.
2. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
3. Who is Wilson?
(a) An inn owner.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A hospitable man.
(d) A writer.
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
5. Why is Adams annoyed with Pounce when he travels in the couch with him?
(a) He does not agree upon charity.
(b) He does not agree upon horses.
(c) He does not agree upon food.
(d) He does not agree upon houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
2. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
3. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
5. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fielding introduce through the character of Barnabas in regards to clergy?
2. Why is Pounce considered selfish by Adams despite rescuing Fanny?
3. Why does Wilson fail to participate in Harriet's father's trade?
4. How is Trulliber revealed as a greedy clergyman?
5. Why does the squire pursue Adams, Joseph, and Fanny?
6. When Adams's wife chides him on opposing the Booby household, what does Adam reveal about his inclinations?
7. In what ways does Joseph reveal that he is maturing in how he responds to the gentleman's visit, differing from Adam's point of view?
8. What does Joseph's encounter with the stagecoach reveal?
9. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
10. How does Fielding contrast biographies and romances?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)