|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
2. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A friend.
(c) A peddler.
(d) A teacher.
3. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A pig.
(b) A book.
(c) A house.
(d) A loan.
4. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her sister-in-law.
(c) Her daughter-in-law.
(d) Her mother.
5. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(a) Saddle bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
2. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
3. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
4. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
5. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Adams and the sportsman differ in their reaction to the screams of the young woman?
2. What does the gold that Joseph gives Fanny symbolize?
3. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
4. How does Fielding contrast biographies and romances?
5. How are Wilson and Adams similar in virtue?
6. How is Trulliber revealed as a greedy clergyman?
7. How do Mrs. Tow-wouse and Adams differ on money?
8. What is the significance of Leonora's tale?
9. Why does Wilson fail to participate in Harriet's father's trade?
10. How does Lady Booby try to prevent Fanny from marrying Joseph?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)