|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A loan.
(b) A house.
(c) A pig.
(d) A book.
2. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
3. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
4. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
5. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
(b) Booby hall.
(c) Mark's cellar.
(d) Fielding's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the squire's retinue dunk Adams into?
2. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
3. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
4. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
5. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the major theme of Fielding's book?
2. How does Lady Booby try to prevent Fanny from marrying Joseph?
3. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
4. How is Trulliber revealed as a greedy clergyman?
5. How does Fielding contrast Barnabas and the surgeon with Adams, Joseph, and Betty?
6. In what ways does Joseph reveal that he is maturing in how he responds to the gentleman's visit, differing from Adam's point of view?
7. How are the natures of Adams and Mrs. Slipslop revealed in their responses to Joseph and Fanny's reunion?
8. How are Wilson and Adams similar in virtue?
9. What does the gold that Joseph gives Fanny symbolize?
10. What is the importance of the Preface to "Joseph Andrews" for the remainder of the book?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)