|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the squire's retinue dunk Adams into?
2. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
(a) Folly and vanity.
(c) Delightful and excessive.
(d) Easy and fun.
3. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) A cellar.
(c) An ale house.
(d) A weatherproof temple.
4. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
5. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the governor.
(b) He is the curate.
(c) He is the writer.
(d) He is the priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
2. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
3. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
4. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
5. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the inn hostess initially helpful to Adam?
2. How will Wilson be able to identify his lost son?
3. Why does the squire pursue Adams, Joseph, and Fanny?
4. When Adams's wife chides him on opposing the Booby household, what does Adam reveal about his inclinations?
5. How do Adams and the sportsman differ in their reaction to the screams of the young woman?
6. Why is Pounce considered selfish by Adams despite rescuing Fanny?
7. How does Lady Booby try to prevent Fanny from marrying Joseph?
8. How are Wilson and Adams similar in virtue?
9. How does London appear as a center of vice in Section 1: Joseph Andrews, Preface and Book 1, Chapters 1 through 12?
10. What does Fielding introduce through the character of Barnabas in regards to clergy?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)