|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(d) Divine will.
2. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
3. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the curate.
(b) He is the priest.
(c) He is the governor.
(d) He is the writer.
4. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
5. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Scout in relationship to Lady Booby?
2. Who is Wilson?
3. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
5. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Wilson and Adams similar in virtue?
2. In what ways does Joseph reveal that he is maturing in how he responds to the gentleman's visit, differing from Adam's point of view?
3. How will Wilson be able to identify his lost son?
4. What is the significance of Leonora's tale?
5. What does the gold that Joseph gives Fanny symbolize?
6. Why does Adams admonish Joseph for grieving over Fanny when she is kidnapped?
7. How is Trulliber revealed as a greedy clergyman?
8. How does Fielding contrast biographies and romances?
9. Why does the squire pursue Adams, Joseph, and Fanny?
10. What does Fielding introduce through the character of Barnabas in regards to clergy?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)