|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Parsons.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Mrs. Slipslop.
2. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
(a) Lady Booby.
(b) Thomas Booby.
3. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
4. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
(b) Booby hall.
(c) Mark's cellar.
(d) Fielding's house.
5. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
2. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
3. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
4. Who is Peter Pounce?
5. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mrs. Slipslop's encourages Lady Booby to marry Joseph, why is Lady Booby indignant?
2. Why does Adams admonish Joseph for grieving over Fanny when she is kidnapped?
3. How are Wilson and Adams similar in virtue?
4. How does London appear as a center of vice in Section 1: Joseph Andrews, Preface and Book 1, Chapters 1 through 12?
5. How does Lady Booby try to prevent Fanny from marrying Joseph?
6. What is the major theme of Fielding's book?
7. How does Fielding contrast biographies and romances?
8. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
9. How are the natures of Adams and Mrs. Slipslop revealed in their responses to Joseph and Fanny's reunion?
10. What does Fielding reveal about Betty through her actions that shows some conflict in her character?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)