Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A pig.
(b) A house.
(c) A book.
(d) A loan.
2. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In art.
(b) In nature.
(c) In friendship.
(d) In theater.
3. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He hesitates.
4. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) George Whitefield.
(b) Maximus Aurelius.
(c) Joseph Andrews.
(d) Henry Fielding.
5. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
(a) The priest.
(b) The master.
(c) The artist.
(d) The designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
2. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
3. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
4. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
5. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the peddler assist Joseph in finding his true identity?
2. How does Fielding define charity?
3. How is Pamela different from Shamela in her reaction to Mr. Booby?
4. What is the significance of the night adventures at Booby Hall according to Mark Spilka's "Comic Resolution in Fielding's 'Joseph Andrews'"?
5. How are the natures of Adams and Mrs. Slipslop revealed in their responses to Joseph and Fanny's reunion?
6. Why do many critics like Fielding's characterization of Adams?
7. In what ways does Joseph reveal that he is maturing in how he responds to the gentleman's visit, differing from Adam's point of view?
8. Why is Shamela willing to hide her relationship from her mother at Williams's request?
9. Why does Wilson fail to participate in Harriet's father's trade?
10. In "Rewriting Pamela: Social Change and Religious Faith in 'Joseph Andrews,'" how does Fielding deal with class conflict according to Crea?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)