|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
(a) A book show.
(b) A contest.
(c) A chess game.
(d) A duel.
2. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
3. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his temper.
(d) Because of his mind.
4. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(a) Old age.
5. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
2. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
3. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
4. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
5. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Adams's wife chides him on opposing the Booby household, what does Adam reveal about his inclinations?
2. What does Fielding introduce through the character of Barnabas in regards to clergy?
3. How do Mrs. Tow-wouse and Adams differ on money?
4. What does the gold that Joseph gives Fanny symbolize?
5. Why does Adams admonish Joseph for grieving over Fanny when she is kidnapped?
6. Why is Pounce considered selfish by Adams despite rescuing Fanny?
7. Why is Lady Booby jealous of Fanny?
8. In what ways does Joseph reveal that he is maturing in how he responds to the gentleman's visit, differing from Adam's point of view?
9. How will Wilson be able to identify his lost son?
10. What does Fielding reveal about Betty through her actions that shows some conflict in her character?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)