|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
2. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
3. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
4. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
5. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A pig.
(b) A house.
(c) A loan.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
2. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
3. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
4. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
5. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the Preface to "Joseph Andrews" for the remainder of the book?
2. Why is Pounce considered selfish by Adams despite rescuing Fanny?
3. What does the gold that Joseph gives Fanny symbolize?
4. How does London appear as a center of vice in Section 1: Joseph Andrews, Preface and Book 1, Chapters 1 through 12?
5. How are the natures of Adams and Mrs. Slipslop revealed in their responses to Joseph and Fanny's reunion?
6. When Mrs. Slipslop's encourages Lady Booby to marry Joseph, why is Lady Booby indignant?
7. How does Lady Booby try to prevent Fanny from marrying Joseph?
8. Why is Lady Booby jealous of Fanny?
9. What is the significance of Leonora's tale?
10. What does the attack by the master's hounds reveal about the master?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)