Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) A priest.
(b) A writer.
(c) A lover.
(d) A patron.
2. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
(a) A visit.
(b) A song.
(c) A fight.
(d) A game.
3. Whose negative view is exaggerated in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
(a) Shamela Jacobs.
(b) Angela Williams.
(c) Samuel Richardson.
(d) Henry Fielding.
4. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
5. What does Elizabeth Carter find to be a variety of nature, wit, morality, and good sense that is written by Fielding?
(a) Henry Fielding works.
(b) Parson William's works.
(c) Parson Andrews.
(d) Joseph Andrews.
6. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
7. In Shamela, Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver with a copy of _____.
8. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
9. What is written in the closing months of Sir Robert Walpole's ascendency as first commissioner of treasury?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Henry Fielding.
(c) Joseph Andrews.
(d) Parson Williams.
10. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
(a) Loves him.
(b) Teaches him.
(c) Whips him.
(d) Increases his debt.
11. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
12. What is the first value a clergyman must possess according to Fielding?
13. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
14. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
(a) Unworthy people.
15. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A small estate.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
2. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
3. Who writes "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
4. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
5. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)