|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what periodical is an article written that finds Mr. Adams makes an agreeable character due to his innocence?
(a) The Student.
(b) The Author.
(c) The Writer.
(d) The Priest.
2. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The priest.
(c) The lover.
(d) The archbishop.
3. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
4. When Mr. B kisses Pamela while she is in bed, she almost ________ out of fear.
5. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(c) The piano.
6. How many men do Destiny and Cave separate in nightshirts to stop them from fighting at the inn where they are staying?
7. What virtue is espoused in Fielding's work that should not be underestimated in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
8. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
9. In "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11," the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" is a _____ character.
10. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) He is his brother.
(b) He is his friend.
(c) He is his master.
(d) He is his servant.
11. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
12. As Fielding professes that the clergyman is a successor of ___________'s disciples, the essay on clergy concludes.
(a) The Holy Ghost.
(b) The Father.
13. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Feldenkras.
(c) The Cannery.
(d) The Basement.
14. What is written in the closing months of Sir Robert Walpole's ascendency as first commissioner of treasury?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Parson Williams.
(c) Henry Fielding.
(d) Joseph Andrews.
15. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message conveyed in the copy of work that Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver about?
2. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
3. In what year does George Cheyne write Samuel Richardson that Fielding's wretched performance will only entertain porters or watermen?
4. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
5. What elements does the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" have according to "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)