|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wilson joyfully is reunited with Joseph, his son, who is agitated that Joseph can now marry Fanny?
(a) Lady Booby.
(b) Mr. Fielding.
(c) Mr. Booby.
(d) Mr. Shamela.
2. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
3. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
4. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A cellar.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A small estate.
(d) A mansion.
5. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
6. Where does Shamela go when Mrs. Jervis plans to sell her to Mr. Booby?
(a) San Francisco.
7. "Joseph Andrews" presents the moral problems of the assault against and the preservation of _______.
8. What does Parson Williams advise Shamela to deny regarding Henrietta?
(a) That she is Shamela's mother.
(b) That she is Shamela's rival.
(c) That she is Shamela's daughter.
(d) That she is Shamela's aunt.
9. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
(a) Teaching him.
(b) Loving him.
(c) Scolding him.
(d) Whipping him.
10. What is the message conveyed in the copy of work that Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver about?
(a) Sacrifice of young women.
(b) Sacrifice of young men.
(c) Chastity of young women.
(d) Chastity of young men.
11. In Modern Criticism, Mark Spilka's "Comic Resolution in Fielding's 'Joseph Andrews'" claims the _____ adventures at Booby Hall are among the most memorable scenes in the story.
12. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
13. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
(a) A birthmark.
(b) A temper.
(c) A mole.
(d) A book.
14. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
(a) Mankind's sorrow.
(b) Mankind's age.
(c) Mankind's will.
(d) Mankind's happiness.
15. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
2. What is stressed to "modify our notions of the place of sexual propriety in the world of the story" in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
3. Unlike Joseph Andrews, Mr. Wilson's difficulties initially result from _______.
4. What character does James Beattie think Fielding brings to masterly invention in Joseph Andrews?
5. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)