|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fanny was stolen by gypsies, who was put in her place as a child to be raised by the Andrews?
2. In Dick Taylor Jr.'s "Joseph as Hero in 'Joseph Andrew,s'" when does Joseph exhibit a change of character?
(a) After he learns new things.
(b) After his reunion with Fanny.
(c) After he grows up.
(d) After his new speech.
3. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(a) The piano.
4. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
5. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
6. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
7. What is the first value a clergyman must possess according to Fielding?
8. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
(a) Unworthy people.
9. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Folly and vice.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Joy and love.
10. Who does Don Quixote defeat in a fight and sends the man to present himself to Lady Donna Dulcinea?
(a) A Frenchman.
(b) A Catalan.
(c) A Tuscan.
(d) A Biscayan.
11. What does Joseph show when he is in the country especially when confronted with the obstacles to marrying Fanny?
12. Where does Shamela go when Mrs. Jervis plans to sell her to Mr. Booby?
(b) San Francisco.
13. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
14. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
(a) He is wise.
(b) He likes her.
(c) He is old.
(d) He is kind.
15. What elements does the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" have according to "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
2. What Christian value is discussed in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
3. What does Pierre Francois Guyot Desfontaines think Fielding is one of the best at in England in terms of writing?
4. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
5. When Mr. B kisses Pamela while she is in bed, she almost ________ out of fear.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)