|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
(a) Mankind's sorrow.
(b) Mankind's will.
(c) Mankind's happiness.
(d) Mankind's age.
2. In what year does George Cheyne write Samuel Richardson that Fielding's wretched performance will only entertain porters or watermen?
3. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
4. What is the message conveyed in the copy of work that Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver about?
(a) Sacrifice of young men.
(b) Chastity of young men.
(c) Sacrifice of young women.
(d) Chastity of young women.
5. What does Pierre Francois Guyot Desfontaines think Fielding is one of the best at in England in terms of writing?
(a) Comic poets.
(b) Prose artists.
(c) Dramatic poets.
(d) Fiction writers.
6. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
(d) Ill nature.
7. Who does Pamela thank for preserving her innocence from Mr. B?
8. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
9. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
(c) Unworthy people.
10. What does Elizabeth Carter find to be a variety of nature, wit, morality, and good sense that is written by Fielding?
(a) Henry Fielding works.
(b) Parson William's works.
(c) Joseph Andrews.
(d) Parson Andrews.
11. Where is Pamela abducted in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
(a) A manor.
(b) A cellar.
(c) An inn.
(d) An estate.
12. Who does Don Quixote defeat in a fight and sends the man to present himself to Lady Donna Dulcinea?
(a) A Frenchman.
(b) A Tuscan.
(c) A Catalan.
(d) A Biscayan.
13. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
14. Why does Ragotin borrow a horse initially in "Le Roman Comique"?
(a) To steal from the king.
(b) To impress Star.
(c) To get to court.
(d) To fight Roman.
15. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
2. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
3. Who writes a dedication to "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
4. Who is the villain and housekeeper of Mr. B's property that Pamela is abducted to in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
5. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)