|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pamela thank for preserving her innocence from Mr. B?
2. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
3. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
(a) Her folly with Andrews.
(b) Her folly with Booby.
(c) Her folly with Henry.
(d) Her folly with Williams.
4. Who writes a dedication to "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
5. When Wilson joyfully is reunited with Joseph, his son, who is agitated that Joseph can now marry Fanny?
(a) Mr. Fielding.
(b) Mr. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Booby.
(d) Lady Booby.
6. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
7. What character does James Beattie think Fielding brings to masterly invention in Joseph Andrews?
8. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
9. In Dick Taylor Jr.'s "Joseph as Hero in 'Joseph Andrew,s'" when does Joseph exhibit a change of character?
(a) After he grows up.
(b) After his new speech.
(c) After his reunion with Fanny.
(d) After he learns new things.
10. What clothes does Shamela wear in Letter 7 that prevent Mr. Booby from recognizing her?
(a) A writer's.
(b) An artist's.
(c) A parson's.
(d) A farmer's.
11. What is the message conveyed in the copy of work that Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver about?
(a) Chastity of young women.
(b) Sacrifice of young women.
(c) Chastity of young men.
(d) Sacrifice of young men.
12. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
13. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
(a) Scolding him.
(b) Loving him.
(c) Teaching him.
(d) Whipping him.
14. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
15. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Fielding professes that the clergyman is a successor of ___________'s disciples, the essay on clergy concludes.
2. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
3. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
4. What does Joseph show when he is in the country especially when confronted with the obstacles to marrying Fanny?
5. Why does Ragotin borrow a horse initially in "Le Roman Comique"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)