|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is quiet while vice is boisterous according to Fielding?
2. What is stressed to "modify our notions of the place of sexual propriety in the world of the story" in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
3. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
4. In what year does George Cheyne write Samuel Richardson that Fielding's wretched performance will only entertain porters or watermen?
5. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
6. How is Fanny related to Joseph?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are not related.
(d) They are distant relatives.
7. "Joseph Andrews" presents the moral problems of the assault against and the preservation of _______.
8. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
9. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
(a) Scolding him.
(b) Teaching him.
(c) Whipping him.
(d) Loving him.
10. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
11. Whose character do critics of Fielding's work all appear to support?
12. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) A patron.
(b) A lover.
(c) A priest.
(d) A writer.
13. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
14. In what periodical is an article written that finds Mr. Adams makes an agreeable character due to his innocence?
(a) The Writer.
(b) The Priest.
(c) The Author.
(d) The Student.
15. Who writes a dedication to "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pamela thank for preserving her innocence from Mr. B?
2. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
3. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
4. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
5. In Shamela, Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver with a copy of _____.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)