|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A small estate.
(d) An apartment.
2. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
3. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
(a) Her folly with Williams.
(b) Her folly with Booby.
(c) Her folly with Henry.
(d) Her folly with Andrews.
4. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
5. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
6. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
7. Who is the villain and housekeeper of Mr. B's property that Pamela is abducted to in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
8. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) A priest.
(b) A patron.
(c) A writer.
(d) A lover.
9. What character does James Beattie think Fielding brings to masterly invention in Joseph Andrews?
10. Where is Pamela abducted in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
(a) An inn.
(b) A manor.
(c) An estate.
(d) A cellar.
11. When Fanny was stolen by gypsies, who was put in her place as a child to be raised by the Andrews?
12. In Dick Taylor Jr.'s "Joseph as Hero in 'Joseph Andrew,s'" when does Joseph exhibit a change of character?
(a) After he grows up.
(b) After he learns new things.
(c) After his reunion with Fanny.
(d) After his new speech.
13. Whose bed does Didapper jump into, thinking it belongs to Fanny?
14. Who does Pamela thank for preserving her innocence from Mr. B?
15. Where does Shamela go when Mrs. Jervis plans to sell her to Mr. Booby?
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Thematic Meaning and Structure," what themes are discussed?
2. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
3. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
4. In "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11," the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" is a _____ character.
5. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)