|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A cellar.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A small estate.
(d) A mansion.
2. What is the message conveyed in the copy of work that Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver about?
(a) Chastity of young women.
(b) Sacrifice of young women.
(c) Chastity of young men.
(d) Sacrifice of young men.
3. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
4. What shows Wilson has made foolish choices in vices represented as typical of London?
(a) Wilson's Tale.
(b) Marks' Tale.
(c) Jacob's Tale.
(d) Samuel's Tale.
5. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
6. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
7. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
8. Adams and Joseph Andrews embody the essential virtues of __________ in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
(a) The priests.
(b) The friends.
(c) The good man.
(d) The writers.
9. In what year does George Cheyne write Samuel Richardson that Fielding's wretched performance will only entertain porters or watermen?
10. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
11. Whose character do critics of Fielding's work all appear to support?
12. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(c) The piano.
13. What clothes does Shamela wear in Letter 7 that prevent Mr. Booby from recognizing her?
(a) A writer's.
(b) A farmer's.
(c) An artist's.
(d) A parson's.
14. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
15. What is the first value a clergyman must possess according to Fielding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
2. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
3. What does Parson Williams advise Shamela to deny regarding Henrietta?
4. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
5. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)