|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men do Destiny and Cave separate in nightshirts to stop them from fighting at the inn where they are staying?
2. As Fielding professes that the clergyman is a successor of ___________'s disciples, the essay on clergy concludes.
(c) The Father.
(d) The Holy Ghost.
3. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
4. In Dick Taylor Jr.'s "Joseph as Hero in 'Joseph Andrew,s'" when does Joseph exhibit a change of character?
(a) After his reunion with Fanny.
(b) After he grows up.
(c) After he learns new things.
(d) After his new speech.
5. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
6. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
7. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
(a) A book.
(b) A birthmark.
(c) A temper.
(d) A mole.
8. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
9. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
10. In Shamela, Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver with a copy of _____.
11. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) He is his brother.
(b) He is his master.
(c) He is his friend.
(d) He is his servant.
12. Whose bed does Didapper jump into, thinking it belongs to Fanny?
13. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(a) The piano.
14. "Joseph Andrews" presents the moral problems of the assault against and the preservation of _______.
15. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
2. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
3. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
4. What does Elizabeth Carter find to be a variety of nature, wit, morality, and good sense that is written by Fielding?
5. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)