|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is quiet while vice is boisterous according to Fielding?
2. What does Elizabeth Carter find to be a variety of nature, wit, morality, and good sense that is written by Fielding?
(a) Joseph Andrews.
(b) Parson William's works.
(c) Parson Andrews.
(d) Henry Fielding works.
3. What is stressed to "modify our notions of the place of sexual propriety in the world of the story" in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
4. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
5. When Mr. B kisses Pamela while she is in bed, she almost ________ out of fear.
6. What elements does the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" have according to "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
7. In "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11," the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" is a _____ character.
8. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
9. What does Joseph show when he is in the country especially when confronted with the obstacles to marrying Fanny?
10. How is Fanny related to Joseph?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are not related.
(c) They are distant relatives.
(d) They are siblings.
11. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
12. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
13. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(c) The piano.
14. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
15. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The lover.
(b) The priest.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The archbishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what method does Fielding resolve most of the themes of "Joseph Andrews"?
2. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
3. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
4. What sound makes Ragotin tumble off his horse in "Le Roman Comique"?
5. Where does Shamela go when Mrs. Jervis plans to sell her to Mr. Booby?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)