|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
2. Where does Adam end up sleeping, tired after the confusion surrounding Didapper, Fanny, Booby, and others with regards to sleeping and sex?
(a) Jan's room.
(b) Joseph's room.
(c) Adams' room.
(d) Fanny's room.
3. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
(a) Scolding him.
(b) Teaching him.
(c) Loving him.
(d) Whipping him.
4. Who is the villain and housekeeper of Mr. B's property that Pamela is abducted to in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
5. What does Pierre Francois Guyot Desfontaines think Fielding is one of the best at in England in terms of writing?
(a) Fiction writers.
(b) Prose artists.
(c) Comic poets.
(d) Dramatic poets.
6. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
(b) Unworthy people.
7. What virtue is espoused in Fielding's work that should not be underestimated in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
8. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
9. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
10. Why does Ragotin borrow a horse initially in "Le Roman Comique"?
(a) To impress Star.
(b) To get to court.
(c) To steal from the king.
(d) To fight Roman.
11. When Wilson joyfully is reunited with Joseph, his son, who is agitated that Joseph can now marry Fanny?
(a) Lady Booby.
(b) Mr. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Booby.
(d) Mr. Fielding.
12. What Christian value is discussed in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
13. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
14. How many men do Destiny and Cave separate in nightshirts to stop them from fighting at the inn where they are staying?
15. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose negative view is exaggerated in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
2. What shows Wilson has made foolish choices in vices represented as typical of London?
3. What is the message conveyed in the copy of work that Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver about?
4. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
5. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)