|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A small estate.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A cellar.
2. How many men do Destiny and Cave separate in nightshirts to stop them from fighting at the inn where they are staying?
3. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
(a) The Basement.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Cannery.
(d) The Feldenkras.
4. In "Thematic Meaning and Structure," what themes are discussed?
(a) Jealousy and apathy.
(b) Love and war.
(c) Fear and rage.
(d) Vanity and hypocrisy.
5. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
(a) Her folly with Andrews.
(b) Her folly with Williams.
(c) Her folly with Booby.
(d) Her folly with Henry.
6. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(a) The piano.
7. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
8. Where is Pamela abducted in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
(a) A manor.
(b) A cellar.
(c) An estate.
(d) An inn.
9. What clothes does Shamela wear in Letter 7 that prevent Mr. Booby from recognizing her?
(a) An artist's.
(b) A farmer's.
(c) A parson's.
(d) A writer's.
10. "Joseph Andrews" presents the moral problems of the assault against and the preservation of _______.
11. In what periodical is an article written that finds Mr. Adams makes an agreeable character due to his innocence?
(a) The Student.
(b) The Author.
(c) The Writer.
(d) The Priest.
12. How is Fanny related to Joseph?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are siblings.
(c) They are distant relatives.
(d) They are not related.
13. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The priest.
(c) The lover.
(d) The archbishop.
14. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
15. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) He is his servant.
(b) He is his friend.
(c) He is his master.
(d) He is his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bed does Didapper jump into, thinking it belongs to Fanny?
2. Who does Don Quixote defeat in a fight and sends the man to present himself to Lady Donna Dulcinea?
3. What does Shamela pretend to do when Mr. Booby touches her bosom in Letter 6?
4. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
5. What is stressed to "modify our notions of the place of sexual propriety in the world of the story" in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)