|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
2. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
3. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
4. Whose negative view is exaggerated in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
(a) Angela Williams.
(b) Samuel Richardson.
(c) Henry Fielding.
(d) Shamela Jacobs.
5. What does Shamela pretend to do when Mr. Booby touches her bosom in Letter 6?
6. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
7. What elements does the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" have according to "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
8. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
9. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
10. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
11. What Christian value is discussed in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
12. What is the first value a clergyman must possess according to Fielding?
13. In Modern Criticism, Mark Spilka's "Comic Resolution in Fielding's 'Joseph Andrews'" claims the _____ adventures at Booby Hall are among the most memorable scenes in the story.
14. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A small estate.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A mansion.
(d) An apartment.
15. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
2. Who does Don Quixote defeat in a fight and sends the man to present himself to Lady Donna Dulcinea?
3. In "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11," the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" is a _____ character.
4. Unlike Joseph Andrews, Mr. Wilson's difficulties initially result from _______.
5. Who writes "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)