|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
2. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
3. Who discovers the parentage of Fanny?
(a) The friend.
(b) The priest.
(c) The peddler.
(d) The innkeeper.
4. When Wilson joyfully is reunited with Joseph, his son, who is agitated that Joseph can now marry Fanny?
(a) Mr. Shamela.
(b) Mr. Booby.
(c) Mr. Fielding.
(d) Lady Booby.
5. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
6. Who is the villain and housekeeper of Mr. B's property that Pamela is abducted to in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
7. In Dick Taylor Jr.'s "Joseph as Hero in 'Joseph Andrew,s'" when does Joseph exhibit a change of character?
(a) After he learns new things.
(b) After his reunion with Fanny.
(c) After his new speech.
(d) After he grows up.
8. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
(a) A book.
(b) A mole.
(c) A temper.
(d) A birthmark.
9. What does Parson Williams advise Shamela to deny regarding Henrietta?
(a) That she is Shamela's rival.
(b) That she is Shamela's daughter.
(c) That she is Shamela's mother.
(d) That she is Shamela's aunt.
10. What Christian value is discussed in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
11. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
12. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
13. What is written in the closing months of Sir Robert Walpole's ascendency as first commissioner of treasury?
(a) Henry Fielding.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Parson Williams.
(d) Joseph Andrews.
14. Who writes "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
15. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
(a) Joy and love.
(b) War and peace.
(c) Folly and vice.
(d) Love and hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Joseph Andrews" presents the moral problems of the assault against and the preservation of _______.
2. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
3. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
4. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
5. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)