|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Fanny related to Joseph?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are not related.
(d) They are distant relatives.
2. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A small estate.
3. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
4. Adams and Joseph Andrews embody the essential virtues of __________ in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
(a) The friends.
(b) The good man.
(c) The writers.
(d) The priests.
5. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
6. Whose bed does Didapper jump into, thinking it belongs to Fanny?
7. What elements does the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" have according to "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
8. Through what method does Fielding resolve most of the themes of "Joseph Andrews"?
9. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
10. Who writes "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
11. In "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11," the narrator in "Joseph Andrews" is a _____ character.
12. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
(a) Her folly with Andrews.
(b) Her folly with Booby.
(c) Her folly with Williams.
(d) Her folly with Henry.
13. What shows Wilson has made foolish choices in vices represented as typical of London?
(a) Marks' Tale.
(b) Wilson's Tale.
(c) Samuel's Tale.
(d) Jacob's Tale.
14. What character does James Beattie think Fielding brings to masterly invention in Joseph Andrews?
15. Who does Pamela thank for preserving her innocence from Mr. B?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
2. What Christian value is discussed in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
3. When Mr. B kisses Pamela while she is in bed, she almost ________ out of fear.
4. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
5. As Fielding professes that the clergyman is a successor of ___________'s disciples, the essay on clergy concludes.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)