|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
2. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
3. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her daughter-in-law.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister-in-law.
4. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his sweet voice.
(b) Because of his temper.
(c) Because of his mind.
(d) Because of his age.
5. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
6. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
7. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
(a) A friend.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A peddler.
8. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is slow to respond.
(b) Because she is crazy.
(c) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(d) Because she is lost in love.
9. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The constable.
(b) The governor.
(c) The writer.
(d) The priest.
10. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
11. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) An agent.
(b) A peddler.
(c) A bookseller.
(d) A priest.
12. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His pens.
(c) His books.
(d) His jewelry.
13. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
14. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
15. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
3. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
4. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
5. To what is Joseph tied by the squire's retinue?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)