|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(b) Divine will.
2. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
3. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(c) Reading materials.
4. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(b) Old age.
5. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
6. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His purity.
(b) His art.
(c) His love.
(d) His strength.
7. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
8. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In art.
(b) In friendship.
(c) In theater.
(d) In nature.
9. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
10. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
(b) Thomas Booby.
(c) Lady Booby.
11. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
12. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
(a) Mark's cellar.
(c) Booby hall.
(d) Fielding's house.
13. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A weatherproof temple.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) An ale house.
14. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
(a) Fanny's pregnancy.
(b) Anne's friendship.
(c) Joseph's marriage.
(d) Scout's will.
15. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(a) Mrs. Booby.
(d) Mr. Booby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
2. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
3. When Fanny is attacked by a young gentleman, Beau Didapper, and his servant, who rescues her?
4. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
5. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)