|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
2. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
3. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(a) Mixed feelings.
4. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
5. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(d) Human traits.
6. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
(a) The man who buys the ticket.
(b) The man who buys the bookshelf.
(c) The man who buys the ring.
(d) The man who buys the pen.
7. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
8. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
9. Who is Wilson?
(a) A hospitable man.
(b) A writer.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) An inn owner.
10. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(c) Saddle bags.
11. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
12. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(a) Good manners.
13. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) A weatherproof temple.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) An ale house.
14. Who is Peter Pounce?
(a) A writer.
(b) A falconeer.
(c) A squire.
(d) An armed man.
15. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
2. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
3. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
4. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
5. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)