|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
2. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A friend.
(d) A peddler.
3. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
4. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(b) Mr. Booby.
(d) Mrs. Booby.
5. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
(a) Fanny's pregnancy.
(b) Joseph's marriage.
(c) Scout's will.
(d) Anne's friendship.
6. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In theater.
(b) In nature.
(c) In art.
(d) In friendship.
7. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A lottery ticket.
(b) A ring.
(c) A pen.
(d) A bookshelf.
8. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(b) Reading materials.
9. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
10. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(c) Good manners.
11. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(c) Divine will.
12. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She does not.
(b) She argues.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gets jealous.
13. To what is Joseph tied by the squire's retinue?
(a) A book shelf.
(b) A bed post.
(c) A drawer.
(d) A house.
14. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
15. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(a) Thomas Booby.
(c) Lady Booby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Adams annoyed with Pounce when he travels in the couch with him?
2. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
3. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
4. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
5. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)