|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Love and life.
(b) Romance and burlesque.
(c) History and art.
(d) Dance and theater.
2. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
3. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
4. Who is Peter Pounce?
(a) An armed man.
(b) A writer.
(c) A squire.
(d) A falconeer.
5. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
6. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
7. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her sister-in-law.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her daughter-in-law.
(d) Her friend.
8. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the curate.
(b) He is the governor.
(c) He is the writer.
(d) He is the priest.
9. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
10. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
11. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She does not.
(b) She argues.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gets jealous.
12. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
(a) Scout's will.
(b) Joseph's marriage.
(c) Anne's friendship.
(d) Fanny's pregnancy.
13. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
14. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A ring.
(b) A pen.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) A lottery ticket.
15. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his mind.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because of his temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
2. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
3. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
4. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
5. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)