|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
2. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Andrews.
(b) Mrs. Slipslop.
(c) Mr. Parsons.
(d) Mrs. Shamela.
3. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
4. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(a) Lady Booby.
(c) Thomas Booby.
5. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(a) Reading materials.
6. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
(a) Thomas Booby.
(d) Lady Booby.
7. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) An agent.
(b) A peddler.
(c) A priest.
(d) A bookseller.
8. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
9. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her sister-in-law.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her daughter-in-law.
10. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
11. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She argues.
(b) She gets jealous.
(c) She does not.
(d) She cries.
12. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
13. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
14. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
15. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(a) Mr. Booby.
(c) Mrs. Booby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
2. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
3. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
4. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
5. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)