|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
2. Who is Wilson?
(a) A writer.
(b) An inn owner.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A hospitable man.
3. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) A priest.
(b) An agent.
(c) A bookseller.
(d) A peddler.
4. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
5. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
6. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
7. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
(b) Mark's cellar.
(c) Booby hall.
(d) Fielding's house.
8. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(d) Mixed feelings.
9. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
10. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His strength.
(b) His love.
(c) His purity.
(d) His art.
11. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A loan.
(b) A book.
(c) A pig.
(d) A house.
12. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
(a) Joseph's marriage.
(b) Fanny's pregnancy.
(c) Anne's friendship.
(d) Scout's will.
13. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
14. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
15. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She argues.
(b) She cries.
(c) She gets jealous.
(d) She does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
2. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
3. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
4. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
5. Who is Peter Pounce?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)