|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
2. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(b) Mrs. Booby.
(d) Mr. Booby.
3. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
4. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
(a) He hesitates.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He agrees.
5. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(a) Reading materials.
6. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
7. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
8. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A priest.
9. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(a) Old age.
10. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
11. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mrs. Slipslop.
(b) Mr. Andrews.
(c) Mrs. Shamela.
(d) Mr. Parsons.
12. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
13. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
14. To what is Joseph tied by the squire's retinue?
(a) A house.
(b) A book shelf.
(c) A bed post.
(d) A drawer.
15. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(b) Mixed feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
2. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
3. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
5. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)