|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is crazy.
(b) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(c) Because she is slow to respond.
(d) Because she is lost in love.
2. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
3. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
4. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She gets jealous.
(b) She cries.
(c) She does not.
(d) She argues.
5. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
(a) He cooks her food.
(b) He rescues her.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He marries her.
6. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A peddler.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A friend.
7. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(a) Mrs. Booby.
(c) Mr. Booby.
8. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
9. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) A priest.
(b) An agent.
(c) A peddler.
(d) A bookseller.
10. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
11. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A son.
(c) A book.
(d) A house.
12. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
(b) Fielding's house.
(c) Mark's cellar.
(d) Booby hall.
13. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(d) Old age.
14. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His books.
(b) His pens.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His jewelry.
15. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He hesitates.
(d) He does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wilson?
2. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
3. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
4. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
5. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)