|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
2. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(c) Old age.
3. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(d) Saddle bags.
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His strength.
(b) His art.
(c) His purity.
(d) His love.
5. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) History and art.
(b) Dance and theater.
(c) Love and life.
(d) Romance and burlesque.
6. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) A priest.
(b) A peddler.
(c) An agent.
(d) A bookseller.
7. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Parsons.
(b) Mr. Andrews.
(c) Mrs. Slipslop.
(d) Mrs. Shamela.
8. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
9. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(c) Human traits.
10. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He hesitates.
(d) He does nothing.
11. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
(a) Worldly ambitions.
(b) Being famous.
(c) Making money.
(d) Moral duties.
12. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
13. Why is Adams annoyed with Pounce when he travels in the couch with him?
(a) He does not agree upon charity.
(b) He does not agree upon horses.
(c) He does not agree upon houses.
(d) He does not agree upon food.
14. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
(a) Scout's will.
(b) Anne's friendship.
(c) Fanny's pregnancy.
(d) Joseph's marriage.
15. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
2. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
3. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
4. Who is Peter Pounce?
5. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)