|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
(a) A peddler.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A friend.
(d) A teacher.
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
(a) He hesitates.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He agrees.
4. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(d) Good manners.
5. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A friend.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A lawyer.
6. Who is Wilson?
(a) A writer.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A hospitable man.
(d) An inn owner.
7. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
(b) Folly and vanity.
(c) Easy and fun.
(d) Delightful and excessive.
8. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
9. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
10. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
11. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
12. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(c) Human traits.
13. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) Maximus Aurelius.
(b) George Whitefield.
(c) Joseph Andrews.
(d) Henry Fielding.
14. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(a) Divine will.
15. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
2. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
3. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
4. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
5. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)