|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A pig.
(b) A house.
(c) A book.
(d) A loan.
2. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In art.
(b) In nature.
(c) In friendship.
(d) In theater.
3. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He hesitates.
4. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) George Whitefield.
(b) Maximus Aurelius.
(c) Joseph Andrews.
(d) Henry Fielding.
5. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
(a) The priest.
(b) The master.
(c) The artist.
(d) The designer.
6. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
(b) Easy and fun.
(c) Folly and vanity.
(d) Delightful and excessive.
7. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
8. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
(a) A house.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A son.
(d) A book.
9. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(c) Mixed feelings.
10. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
11. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
12. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
13. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(a) Mrs. Booby.
(b) Mr. Booby.
14. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
15. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
2. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
3. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
4. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
5. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)