|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
2. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
(a) Delightful and excessive.
(b) Folly and vanity.
(d) Easy and fun.
3. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
4. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
5. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
6. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
7. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister-in-law.
(d) Her daughter-in-law.
8. Why is Adams annoyed with Pounce when he travels in the couch with him?
(a) He does not agree upon houses.
(b) He does not agree upon charity.
(c) He does not agree upon horses.
(d) He does not agree upon food.
9. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A gentleman.
10. Who is Wilson?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A hospitable man.
(c) An inn owner.
(d) A writer.
11. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
(a) The man who buys the ring.
(b) The man who buys the pen.
(c) The man who buys the bookshelf.
(d) The man who buys the ticket.
12. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his mind.
(c) Because of his sweet voice.
(d) Because of his temper.
13. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
14. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The constable.
(b) The governor.
(c) The writer.
(d) The priest.
15. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In friendship.
(b) In art.
(c) In theater.
(d) In nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
2. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
3. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
4. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
5. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)