|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(d) Old age.
2. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(c) Good manners.
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The constable.
(b) The priest.
(c) The governor.
(d) The writer.
4. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
5. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
6. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
7. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
8. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
(a) The man who buys the pen.
(b) The man who buys the bookshelf.
(c) The man who buys the ticket.
(d) The man who buys the ring.
9. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
10. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
11. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
12. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) History and art.
(b) Romance and burlesque.
(c) Love and life.
(d) Dance and theater.
13. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(a) Mrs. Booby.
(d) Mr. Booby.
14. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A gentleman.
15. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
2. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
3. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
4. Who is Peter Pounce?
5. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)