|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
2. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His pens.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His books.
3. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
4. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A pig.
(b) A house.
(c) A loan.
(d) A book.
5. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She cries.
(b) She does not.
(c) She gets jealous.
(d) She argues.
6. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
7. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Romance and burlesque.
(b) Love and life.
(c) History and art.
(d) Dance and theater.
8. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The writer.
(b) The governor.
(c) The priest.
(d) The constable.
9. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The bar.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The garden.
(d) The rooftop.
10. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(b) Because she is lost in love.
(c) Because she is crazy.
(d) Because she is slow to respond.
11. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
12. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
13. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
14. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
(b) Booby hall.
(c) Fielding's house.
(d) Mark's cellar.
15. Who is Peter Pounce?
(a) A writer.
(b) A falconeer.
(c) An armed man.
(d) A squire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
2. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
3. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
4. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
5. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)