|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A loan.
(b) A pig.
(c) A house.
(d) A book.
2. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
3. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
4. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
5. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
6. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(d) Divine will.
7. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(b) Saddle bags.
8. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
9. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
10. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
(a) A duel.
(b) A contest.
(c) A book show.
(d) A chess game.
11. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
12. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
13. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
14. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(a) A dowry.
(c) A coach.
(d) A house.
15. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(b) Mixed feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
4. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
5. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)