|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) An agent.
(b) A peddler.
(c) A bookseller.
(d) A priest.
2. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
3. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
4. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A priest.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A friend.
(d) A gentleman.
5. What does the squire's retinue dunk Adams into?
6. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(b) Good manners.
7. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
8. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
9. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(a) Divine will.
10. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
11. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his temper.
(d) Because of his mind.
12. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
13. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(a) Human traits.
14. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) A cellar.
(c) An ale house.
(d) A weatherproof temple.
15. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
2. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
3. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
4. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
5. When Fanny is attacked by a young gentleman, Beau Didapper, and his servant, who rescues her?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)