|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her daughter-in-law.
(c) Her sister-in-law.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(c) Good manners.
3. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A lottery ticket.
(b) A ring.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) A pen.
4. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
5. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
6. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is slow to respond.
(b) Because she is crazy.
(c) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(d) Because she is lost in love.
7. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(c) Mixed feelings.
8. To what is Joseph tied by the squire's retinue?
(a) A bed post.
(b) A drawer.
(c) A book shelf.
(d) A house.
9. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
10. Who is Peter Pounce?
(a) A falconeer.
(b) An armed man.
(c) A writer.
(d) A squire.
11. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His books.
(c) His pens.
(d) His clothes.
12. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
13. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
14. Who is Scout in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her priest.
15. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
2. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
3. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
5. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)