|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
2. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
3. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A ring.
(b) A lottery ticket.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) A pen.
4. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
(a) Making money.
(b) Worldly ambitions.
(c) Being famous.
(d) Moral duties.
5. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her daughter-in-law.
(d) Her sister-in-law.
6. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the governor.
(b) He is the curate.
(c) He is the priest.
(d) He is the writer.
7. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
8. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
(a) A son.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A house.
(d) A book.
9. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
10. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his temper.
(d) Because of his mind.
11. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
12. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
13. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
(a) He cooks her food.
(b) He leaves her.
(c) He rescues her.
(d) He marries her.
14. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
15. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The constable.
(b) The priest.
(c) The writer.
(d) The governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
2. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
3. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
4. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
5. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)