|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(a) Mr. Booby.
(c) Mrs. Booby.
2. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
3. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
(a) A man of leisure.
(b) A writer.
(c) A stockbroker.
(d) A gentleman.
4. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her sister-in-law.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her daughter-in-law.
5. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(b) Old age.
6. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(a) Reading materials.
7. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A pig.
(b) A book.
(c) A loan.
(d) A house.
8. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
9. Who is Peter Pounce?
(a) An armed man.
(b) A writer.
(c) A falconeer.
(d) A squire.
10. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
(a) Making money.
(b) Being famous.
(c) Worldly ambitions.
(d) Moral duties.
11. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
12. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
13. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The rooftop.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The garden.
(d) The bar.
14. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
15. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mrs. Slipslop.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Mr. Parsons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
2. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
3. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
4. When Fanny is attacked by a young gentleman, Beau Didapper, and his servant, who rescues her?
5. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)