Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Section 1: Joseph Andrews, Preface and Book 1, Chapters 1 through 12
1. What is the importance of the Preface to "Joseph Andrews" for the remainder of the book?
2. What is the major theme of Fielding's book?
3. How does London appear as a center of vice in Section 1: Joseph Andrews, Preface and Book 1, Chapters 1 through 12?
4. What does Joseph's encounter with the stagecoach reveal?
Short Essay Question - Section 2: Joseph Andrews, Book 1, Chapters 13 through 18
5. What does Fielding introduce through the...
This section contains 960 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)