Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the Preface to "Joseph Andrews" for the remainder of the book?
2. What is the major theme of Fielding's book?
3. How does London appear as a center of vice in Section 1: Joseph Andrews, Preface and Book 1, Chapters 1 through 12?
4. What does Joseph's encounter with the stagecoach reveal?
5. What does Fielding introduce through the character of Barnabas in regards to clergy?
This section contains 1,959 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)