|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
2. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
(a) His letters.
(b) His books.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His sermons.
3. In what year does George Cheyne write Samuel Richardson that Fielding's wretched performance will only entertain porters or watermen?
4. What sound makes Ragotin tumble off his horse in "Le Roman Comique"?
(a) A call.
(b) A song.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A cry.
5. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written in the closing months of Sir Robert Walpole's ascendency as first commissioner of treasury?
2. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
3. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
4. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
5. What does the squire's retinue dunk Adams into?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)