|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
2. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(b) Human traits.
3. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
4. What does Shamela pretend to do when Mr. Booby touches her bosom in Letter 6?
5. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the priest.
(b) He is the writer.
(c) He is the governor.
(d) He is the curate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
2. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
3. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
4. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
5. In "Thematic Meaning and Structure," what themes are discussed?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)