|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
2. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
3. Adams and Joseph Andrews embody the essential virtues of __________ in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
(a) The writers.
(b) The good man.
(c) The priests.
(d) The friends.
4. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A small estate.
(c) A mansion.
(d) An apartment.
5. Who is Peter Pounce?
(a) A writer.
(b) An armed man.
(c) A falconeer.
(d) A squire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
2. What kind of plot does Fielding introduce according to the author of "Rewriting Pamela: Social Change and Religious Faith in 'Joseph Andrews'"?
3. Who is the author of "Rewriting Pamela: Social Change and Religious Faith in 'Joseph Andrews'"?
4. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
5. Who writes a dedication to "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)