|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
2. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
3. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(c) Saddle bags.
4. Who writes "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
5. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
(a) A fight.
(b) A song.
(c) A game.
(d) A visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shamela go when Mrs. Jervis plans to sell her to Mr. Booby?
2. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
3. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
4. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
5. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)