|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pamela abducted in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
(a) A manor.
(b) An inn.
(c) An estate.
(d) A cellar.
2. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
3. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(d) Saddle bags.
4. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
(a) Fanny's pregnancy.
(b) Joseph's marriage.
(c) Anne's friendship.
(d) Scout's will.
5. When Fanny is attacked by a young gentleman, Beau Didapper, and his servant, who rescues her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stressed to "modify our notions of the place of sexual propriety in the world of the story" in "Fielding's Guidance of the Reader's Attitudes in Book 1, Chapters 1-11"?
2. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
3. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
4. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
5. Unlike Joseph Andrews, Mr. Wilson's difficulties initially result from _______.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)