|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(b) The piano.
2. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
3. In Shamela, Parson Tickletext writes Parson Oliver with a copy of _____.
4. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A friend.
(b) A priest.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Why does Ragotin borrow a horse initially in "Le Roman Comique"?
(a) To get to court.
(b) To fight Roman.
(c) To steal from the king.
(d) To impress Star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
2. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
3. Adams and Joseph Andrews embody the essential virtues of __________ in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
4. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
5. What is lacking in the adventures of Abraham Adams that proves an obvious structural weakness according to the author of "The Reasoning Behind the Form of 'Joseph Andrews'?"
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)