|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wilson joyfully is reunited with Joseph, his son, who is agitated that Joseph can now marry Fanny?
(a) Lady Booby.
(b) Mr. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Booby.
(d) Mr. Fielding.
2. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
3. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
4. Unlike Joseph Andrews, Mr. Wilson's difficulties initially result from _______.
(a) Love and peace.
(b) Vice and folly.
(c) War and greed.
(d) Fear and change.
5. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
2. In Dick Taylor Jr.'s "Joseph as Hero in 'Joseph Andrew,s'" when does Joseph exhibit a change of character?
3. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
5. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)