|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A pig.
(b) A loan.
(c) A house.
(d) A book.
2. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A priest.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A friend.
3. As Fielding professes that the clergyman is a successor of ___________'s disciples, the essay on clergy concludes.
(a) The Holy Ghost.
(c) The Father.
4. What does Joseph show when he is in the country especially when confronted with the obstacles to marrying Fanny?
5. What virtue is espoused in Fielding's work that should not be underestimated in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of plot does Fielding introduce according to the author of "Rewriting Pamela: Social Change and Religious Faith in 'Joseph Andrews'"?
2. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
3. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
4. What shape the story's passions toward the morally correct action in Morris Golden's "Fielding's Psychology and Its Relation to Morality"?
5. In Modern Criticism, Mark Spilka's "Comic Resolution in Fielding's 'Joseph Andrews'" claims the _____ adventures at Booby Hall are among the most memorable scenes in the story.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)