|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(a) Human traits.
2. What does Fielding use as a medium to demonstrate morality in Morris Golden's "Fielding's Psychology and Its Relation to Morality"?
3. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
(b) Lady Booby.
(c) Thomas Booby.
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His strength.
(b) His purity.
(c) His art.
(d) His love.
5. What shape the story's passions toward the morally correct action in Morris Golden's "Fielding's Psychology and Its Relation to Morality"?
(a) Religion and reason.
(b) Fear and excitement.
(c) Prose and poetry.
(d) Change and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
2. To what is Joseph tied by the squire's retinue?
3. In The Reasoning Behind the Form of 'Joseph Andrew,s'" who plays a more dominant role than Joseph?
4. Who is the author of "Rewriting Pamela: Social Change and Religious Faith in 'Joseph Andrews'"?
5. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)