|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(a) Reading materials.
2. Adams' surprises and embarrassments demonstrate how life furnishes the accurate observer with the ______ in any circumstance according to the author of "The Reasoning Behind the Form of 'Joseph Andrews.'"
3. What shows Wilson has made foolish choices in vices represented as typical of London?
(a) Wilson's Tale.
(b) Marks' Tale.
(c) Jacob's Tale.
(d) Samuel's Tale.
4. What virtue is espoused in Fielding's work that should not be underestimated in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
5. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In nature.
(b) In art.
(c) In friendship.
(d) In theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Scout in relationship to Lady Booby?
2. Who writes "The Life and Adventures of the Renown'd Don Quixote"?
3. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
4. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
5. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)