|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unlike Joseph Andrews, Mr. Wilson's difficulties initially result from _______.
(a) Love and peace.
(b) Vice and folly.
(c) Fear and change.
(d) War and greed.
2. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
3. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
4. Adams' surprises and embarrassments demonstrate how life furnishes the accurate observer with the ______ in any circumstance according to the author of "The Reasoning Behind the Form of 'Joseph Andrews.'"
5. What does Parson Williams advise Shamela to deny regarding Henrietta?
(a) That she is Shamela's daughter.
(b) That she is Shamela's mother.
(c) That she is Shamela's rival.
(d) That she is Shamela's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
2. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
3. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
4. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
5. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)