|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
(a) Folly and vanity.
(b) Delightful and excessive.
(d) Easy and fun.
2. Who writes a dedication to "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
3. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is lost in love.
(b) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(c) Because she is slow to respond.
(d) Because she is crazy.
4. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The archbishop.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The priest.
(d) The lover.
5. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
2. The author of "Rewriting Pamela: Social Change and Religious Faith in 'Joseph Andrews'" claims that Fielding's primary issue with the original concerns the way Richardson handles Pamela's rise in _______.
3. Unlike Joseph Andrews, Mr. Wilson's difficulties initially result from _______.
4. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
5. What shows Wilson has made foolish choices in vices represented as typical of London?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)