|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams' surprises and embarrassments demonstrate how life furnishes the accurate observer with the ______ in any circumstance according to the author of "The Reasoning Behind the Form of 'Joseph Andrews.'"
2. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
3. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The rooftop.
(c) The bar.
(d) The garden.
4. What is lacking in the adventures of Abraham Adams that proves an obvious structural weakness according to the author of "The Reasoning Behind the Form of 'Joseph Andrews'?"
(a) A joyful resolution.
(b) A peaceful choice.
(c) A narrative goal.
(d) A speech impediment.
5. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
(a) A writer.
(b) A man of leisure.
(c) A stockbroker.
(d) A gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
2. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
3. Who writes "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
4. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
5. In what periodical is an article written that finds Mr. Adams makes an agreeable character due to his innocence?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)