|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
(a) A writer.
(b) A man of leisure.
(c) A stockbroker.
(d) A gentleman.
2. How is Fanny related to Joseph?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are not related.
(c) They are distant relatives.
(d) They are siblings.
3. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
4. What is written in the closing months of Sir Robert Walpole's ascendency as first commissioner of treasury?
(a) Joseph Andrews.
(b) Parson Williams.
(c) Henry Fielding.
(d) John Adams.
5. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(a) Saddle bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
2. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
3. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
4. What does Joseph show when he is in the country especially when confronted with the obstacles to marrying Fanny?
5. What virtue is espoused in Fielding's work that should not be underestimated in "Thematic Meaning and Structure"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)