|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wilson?
(a) A hospitable man.
(b) A writer.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) An inn owner.
2. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
3. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A pig.
(b) A book.
(c) A loan.
(d) A house.
4. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
(a) He is kind.
(b) He is old.
(c) He likes her.
(d) He is wise.
5. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
2. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
3. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
4. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
5. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)