|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
(a) Booby hall.
(b) Fielding's house.
(c) Mark's cellar.
2. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His art.
(b) His strength.
(c) His purity.
(d) His love.
3. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his sweet voice.
(b) Because of his mind.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because of his temper.
4. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
5. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
(a) A mole.
(b) A temper.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
2. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
3. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
4. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
5. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)