|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
2. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(b) Human traits.
3. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
(a) His books.
(b) His sermons.
(c) His letters.
(d) His clothes.
4. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
5. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
2. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
3. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
4. What does Parson Williams advise Shamela to deny regarding Henrietta?
5. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)