|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Adam's wife chides him for opposing Lady Booby, what is he more concerned with doing?
(a) Being famous.
(b) Moral duties.
(c) Making money.
(d) Worldly ambitions.
2. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
(b) Ill nature.
3. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
4. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The garden.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The bar.
(d) The rooftop.
5. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
2. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
3. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
4. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
5. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)