|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
2. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Joy and love.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Folly and vice.
3. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
(a) Teaching him.
(b) Loving him.
(c) Whipping him.
(d) Scolding him.
4. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(a) Good manners.
5. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
2. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
3. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
4. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
5. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)