|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
(a) The Basement.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Cannery.
(d) The Feldenkras.
2. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
3. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
4. Who does Don Quixote defeat in a fight and sends the man to present himself to Lady Donna Dulcinea?
(a) A Frenchman.
(b) A Tuscan.
(c) A Catalan.
(d) A Biscayan.
5. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) He rescues her.
(c) He cooks her food.
(d) He marries her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
2. Who is Peter Pounce?
3. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
4. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
5. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)