|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
(a) The Basement.
(b) The Feldenkras.
(c) The Cannery.
(d) The Church of England.
2. Why does Ragotin borrow a horse initially in "Le Roman Comique"?
(a) To impress Star.
(b) To steal from the king.
(c) To fight Roman.
(d) To get to court.
3. Who is Scout in relationship to Lady Booby?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her priest.
4. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
(a) A temper.
(b) A book.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A mole.
5. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
(a) War and peace.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Joy and love.
(d) Folly and vice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
2. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
3. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
4. What sound makes Ragotin tumble off his horse in "Le Roman Comique"?
5. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)