|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fanny is attacked by a young gentleman, Beau Didapper, and his servant, who rescues her?
2. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
3. What is John Lord Hervey considered in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) A writer.
(b) A patron.
(c) A lover.
(d) A priest.
4. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
5. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
2. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
3. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
4. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
5. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)