|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
2. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(a) A coach.
(b) A dowry.
(d) A house.
3. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
4. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
5. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(b) Reading materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
3. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
4. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
5. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)