|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Quixote try to dissuade a squire from doing to a boy?
(a) Teaching him.
(b) Loving him.
(c) Scolding him.
(d) Whipping him.
2. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His art.
(b) His strength.
(c) His purity.
(d) His love.
3. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
4. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
(d) Unworthy people.
5. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Adams annoyed with Pounce when he travels in the couch with him?
2. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
4. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
5. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)