|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
2. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
3. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is lost in love.
(b) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(c) Because she is slow to respond.
(d) Because she is crazy.
4. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The archbishop.
(b) The lover.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The priest.
5. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
(a) The designer.
(b) The priest.
(c) The master.
(d) The artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers the parentage of Fanny?
2. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
3. Who is Peter Pounce?
4. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
5. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)