|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
2. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
3. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
4. Who saves Jacky, Adam's son, from drowning?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A peddler.
(d) A teacher.
5. What clothes does Shamela wear in Letter 7 that prevent Mr. Booby from recognizing her?
(a) An artist's.
(b) A farmer's.
(c) A parson's.
(d) A writer's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
2. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
4. As Fielding professes that the clergyman is a successor of ___________'s disciples, the essay on clergy concludes.
5. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)