|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
(a) Increases his debt.
(b) Loves him.
(c) Teaches him.
(d) Whips him.
2. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
3. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
4. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
5. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(a) Lady Booby.
(d) Thomas Booby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
2. Where does Shamela go when Mrs. Jervis plans to sell her to Mr. Booby?
3. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
4. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
5. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)