|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Related Writings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
2. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
3. What does Shamela pretend to do when Mr. Booby touches her bosom in Letter 6?
4. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his sweet voice.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because of his mind.
(d) Because of his temper.
5. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(d) Divine will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
2. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
3. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
4. Who discovers the parentage of Fanny?
5. Where does Adam end up sleeping, tired after the confusion surrounding Didapper, Fanny, Booby, and others with regards to sleeping and sex?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)