|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Related Writings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his temper.
(c) Because of his sweet voice.
(d) Because of his mind.
2. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
(a) He hesitates.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He refuses.
3. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Fights her.
(d) Locks her up.
4. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
(a) He likes her.
(b) He is wise.
(c) He is old.
(d) He is kind.
5. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fanny was stolen by gypsies, who was put in her place as a child to be raised by the Andrews?
2. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
3. What is the first value a clergyman must possess according to Fielding?
4. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
5. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)