|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Related Writings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(c) Human traits.
2. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) An agent.
(b) A priest.
(c) A peddler.
(d) A bookseller.
3. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
4. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
(a) Mankind's will.
(b) Mankind's happiness.
(c) Mankind's sorrow.
(d) Mankind's age.
5. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A lottery ticket.
(c) A ring.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
2. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
3. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
4. Who is Scout in relationship to Lady Booby?
5. Where does Shamela go when Mrs. Jervis plans to sell her to Mr. Booby?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)