|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Related Writings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is "The Apology for the Clergy" written?
2. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She argues.
(b) She does not.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gets jealous.
3. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(c) Mrs. Booby.
(d) Mr. Booby.
4. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(c) Human traits.
5. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Love and life.
(b) Romance and burlesque.
(c) Dance and theater.
(d) History and art.
Short Answer Questions
1. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
2. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
3. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
4. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
5. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)