|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Related Writings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
2. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A mansion.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A small estate.
3. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His love.
(b) His strength.
(c) His art.
(d) His purity.
4. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
(a) Mankind's age.
(b) Mankind's sorrow.
(c) Mankind's will.
(d) Mankind's happiness.
5. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) He cooks her food.
(c) He rescues her.
(d) He marries her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
2. What is the first value a clergyman must possess according to Fielding?
3. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
4. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
5. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)