|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Related Writings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(c) Old age.
2. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She cries.
(b) She gets jealous.
(c) She argues.
(d) She does not.
3. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
4. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Dance and theater.
(b) Love and life.
(c) Romance and burlesque.
(d) History and art.
5. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
(a) Mr. Booby.
(c) Mrs. Booby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
2. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
3. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
4. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
5. Who is Scout in relationship to Lady Booby?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)