|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: Joseph Andrews, Book 4, Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The garden.
(c) The rooftop.
(d) The bar.
3. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
5. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the squire's retinue dunk Adams into?
2. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
4. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
5. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)