|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: Joseph Andrews, Book 4, Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
2. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In theater.
(b) In friendship.
(c) In art.
(d) In nature.
4. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is lost in love.
(b) Because she is slow to respond.
(c) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(d) Because she is crazy.
5. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
2. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
3. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
4. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
5. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)