|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: Joseph Andrews, Book 4, Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
(a) A book show.
(b) A chess game.
(c) A duel.
(d) A contest.
2. Who is Wilson?
(a) An inn owner.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A writer.
(d) A hospitable man.
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In art.
(b) In nature.
(c) In theater.
(d) In friendship.
4. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A son.
(c) A book.
(d) A house.
5. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Adams annoyed with Pounce when he travels in the couch with him?
2. Who is Pamela in relationship to Lady Booby?
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
4. To what is Joseph tied by the squire's retinue?
5. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)