|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: Joseph Andrews, Book 4, Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
2. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A book.
(b) A house.
(c) A pig.
(d) A loan.
3. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
4. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mrs. Shamela.
(b) Mrs. Slipslop.
(c) Mr. Parsons.
(d) Mr. Andrews.
5. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(b) A coach.
(c) A dowry.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
2. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
3. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
4. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
5. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)