|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: Joseph Andrews, Book 4, Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) A lottery ticket.
(d) A pen.
2. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
3. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) Henry Fielding.
(b) Maximus Aurelius.
(c) George Whitefield.
(d) Joseph Andrews.
4. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
5. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) An ale house.
(b) A weatherproof temple.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
2. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
4. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
5. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)