|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: Joseph Andrews, Book 4, Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
2. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mrs. Slipslop.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Mr. Parsons.
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) A peddler.
(b) A priest.
(c) A bookseller.
(d) An agent.
5. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the priest.
(b) He is the governor.
(c) He is the writer.
(d) He is the curate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
2. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
3. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
4. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
5. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)