|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: Joseph Andrews, Book 4, Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
2. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She argues.
(b) She does not.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gets jealous.
3. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
4. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
(a) The priest.
(b) The designer.
(c) The master.
(d) The artist.
5. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
2. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
3. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
4. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
5. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)