|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
2. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The governor.
(b) The writer.
(c) The priest.
(d) The constable.
4. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
5. Why is Adams annoyed with Pounce when he travels in the couch with him?
(a) He does not agree upon food.
(b) He does not agree upon horses.
(c) He does not agree upon charity.
(d) He does not agree upon houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
2. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
3. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
4. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
5. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)