|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She cries.
(b) She gets jealous.
(c) She argues.
(d) She does not.
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(c) Divine will.
4. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
5. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
2. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
4. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
5. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)