|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
2. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) An ale house.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A weatherproof temple.
(d) A schoolhouse.
3. To what is Joseph tied by the squire's retinue?
(a) A book shelf.
(b) A drawer.
(c) A house.
(d) A bed post.
4. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
(c) Lady Booby.
(d) Thomas Booby.
5. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(c) Divine will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
2. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
3. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
4. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
5. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)