|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
2. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In friendship.
(b) In theater.
(c) In art.
(d) In nature.
3. To what is Joseph tied by the squire's retinue?
(a) A book shelf.
(b) A drawer.
(c) A house.
(d) A bed post.
4. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A priest.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A friend.
5. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
(a) A book show.
(b) A contest.
(c) A duel.
(d) A chess game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
2. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
3. Where do Peter, Fanny, Joseph, and Adams leave to go after they are reunited at the inn?
4. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
5. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)