|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The bar.
(c) The garden.
(d) The rooftop.
3. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
(a) A writer.
(b) A man of leisure.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A stockbroker.
4. When hounds chasing a hare attack Adams, who defends Adams?
5. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
2. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
3. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
4. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
5. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)