|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(b) Good manners.
2. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
3. What does the squire's retinue dunk Adams into?
4. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his mind.
(d) Because of his temper.
5. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
2. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
3. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
4. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
5. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)