|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
2. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Romance and burlesque.
(b) Love and life.
(c) Dance and theater.
(d) History and art.
3. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) An agent.
(b) A bookseller.
(c) A priest.
(d) A peddler.
5. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
2. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
3. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
4. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
5. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)