|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
2. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
3. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
4. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the writer.
(b) He is the curate.
(c) He is the priest.
(d) He is the governor.
5. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
2. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
3. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
4. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
5. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)