|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is angry when Joseph and Adams beat his hounds?
(a) The designer.
(b) The priest.
(c) The master.
(d) The artist.
2. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
3. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the priest.
(b) He is the governor.
(c) He is the curate.
(d) He is the writer.
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) A peddler.
(b) An agent.
(c) A priest.
(d) A bookseller.
5. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
Short Answer Questions
1. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
2. What kind of a priest does Adams converse with after escaping the squire's retinue?
3. Why is Adams annoyed with Pounce when he travels in the couch with him?
4. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
5. In Chapter 6, as Adams sleeps, Joseph indulges in a monologue about how the desire for honor should lead a man to ________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)