|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanny possess that mollifies other people who meet her, such as the owner of the hounds?
(d) Good manners.
2. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
3. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His books.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His pens.
4. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
5. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
2. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
3. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
4. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
5. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)