|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The governor.
(b) The writer.
(c) The priest.
(d) The constable.
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
4. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
5. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The bar.
(b) The rooftop.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
2. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
3. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
4. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
5. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)