|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
2. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Parsons.
(b) Mrs. Slipslop.
(c) Mrs. Shamela.
(d) Mr. Andrews.
4. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A pig.
(b) A house.
(c) A loan.
(d) A book.
5. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
2. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
3. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
5. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)