|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
2. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In friendship.
(b) In nature.
(c) In theater.
(d) In art.
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
5. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A friend.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
2. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
3. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
4. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
5. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)