|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She gets jealous.
(b) She cries.
(c) She does not.
(d) She argues.
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The garden.
(b) The bar.
(c) The rooftop.
(d) The cellar.
3. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
4. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
5. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
2. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
3. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
4. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
5. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)