|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
2. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
3. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) History and art.
(b) Love and life.
(c) Dance and theater.
(d) Romance and burlesque.
4. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(a) A house.
(b) A coach.
(d) A dowry.
5. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
2. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
3. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
4. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
5. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)