|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
2. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Dance and theater.
(b) Romance and burlesque.
(c) Love and life.
(d) History and art.
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mrs. Slipslop.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Mr. Parsons.
4. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his temper.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his mind.
(d) Because of his age.
5. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
2. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
4. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
5. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)