|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
2. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A loan.
(b) A pig.
(c) A book.
(d) A house.
3. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
4. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
5. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his temper.
(d) Because of his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
2. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
3. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
5. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)