|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(a) Divine will.
2. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
3. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
4. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) George Whitefield.
(b) Joseph Andrews.
(c) Maximus Aurelius.
(d) Henry Fielding.
5. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
2. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
3. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
4. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
5. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)