|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
2. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In nature.
(b) In theater.
(c) In friendship.
(d) In art.
4. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(b) Divine will.
5. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
2. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
3. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
4. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
5. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)