|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) Maximus Aurelius.
(b) George Whitefield.
(c) Joseph Andrews.
(d) Henry Fielding.
2. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
3. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
4. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
5. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His art.
(b) His strength.
(c) His love.
(d) His purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
4. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
5. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)