|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The writer.
(b) The governor.
(c) The constable.
(d) The priest.
2. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A weatherproof temple.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) An ale house.
3. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A book.
(b) A pig.
(c) A loan.
(d) A house.
4. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his temper.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because of his sweet voice.
(d) Because of his mind.
5. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
2. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
3. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
4. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
5. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)