|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
2. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
3. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
(b) Thomas Booby.
(d) Lady Booby.
4. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
5. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
2. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
3. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
4. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
5. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)