|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
2. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A loan.
(b) A pig.
(c) A house.
(d) A book.
3. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Dance and theater.
(b) History and art.
(c) Romance and burlesque.
(d) Love and life.
4. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
5. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
2. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
3. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
5. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)