|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Romance and burlesque.
(b) Love and life.
(c) History and art.
(d) Dance and theater.
2. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
3. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the governor.
(b) He is the writer.
(c) He is the priest.
(d) He is the curate.
4. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
5. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In theater.
(b) In friendship.
(c) In art.
(d) In nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
2. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
5. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)