|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mrs. Slipslop.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Parsons.
(d) Mr. Andrews.
2. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The writer.
(b) The governor.
(c) The constable.
(d) The priest.
3. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
4. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
5. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(b) Divine will.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
2. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
3. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
4. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
5. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)