|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(c) Divine will.
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
(b) Thomas Booby.
(d) Lady Booby.
4. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
5. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In art.
(b) In friendship.
(c) In nature.
(d) In theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
2. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
3. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
4. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
5. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)