|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(a) Saddle bags.
3. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the curate.
(b) He is the priest.
(c) He is the governor.
(d) He is the writer.
4. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
5. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
2. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
4. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
5. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)