|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
2. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
3. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
4. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His books.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His pens.
(d) His jewelry.
5. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) George Whitefield.
(b) Henry Fielding.
(c) Joseph Andrews.
(d) Maximus Aurelius.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
2. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
3. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
4. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
5. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)