|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
2. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Andrews.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mrs. Slipslop.
(d) Mr. Parsons.
3. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(a) A dowry.
(c) A house.
(d) A coach.
4. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In art.
(b) In friendship.
(c) In theater.
(d) In nature.
5. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
2. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
3. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
4. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
5. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)