|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In nature.
(b) In theater.
(c) In art.
(d) In friendship.
2. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
3. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
4. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
5. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The priest.
(b) The governor.
(c) The writer.
(d) The constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
2. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
3. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
4. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
5. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)