|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his temper.
(c) Because of his mind.
(d) Because of his sweet voice.
2. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
3. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(b) A dowry.
(c) A house.
(d) A coach.
4. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the writer.
(b) He is the governor.
(c) He is the priest.
(d) He is the curate.
5. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
2. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
3. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
4. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
5. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)