|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In friendship.
(b) In theater.
(c) In art.
(d) In nature.
2. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His love.
(b) His art.
(c) His purity.
(d) His strength.
3. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
4. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
(a) Lady Booby.
(b) Thomas Booby.
5. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(a) A house.
(b) A coach.
(d) A dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
2. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
3. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
4. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
5. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)