|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
2. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the writer.
(b) He is the curate.
(c) He is the priest.
(d) He is the governor.
3. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
4. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His pens.
(d) His books.
5. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Love and life.
(b) Romance and burlesque.
(c) Dance and theater.
(d) History and art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
2. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
3. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
4. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
5. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)