|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
2. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
3. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His art.
(b) His love.
(c) His purity.
(d) His strength.
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
5. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(b) Divine will.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
2. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
3. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
4. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
5. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)