|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
2. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
(a) His sermons.
(b) His books.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His letters.
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In theater.
(b) In art.
(c) In friendship.
(d) In nature.
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His love.
(b) His purity.
(c) His art.
(d) His strength.
5. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(b) Thomas Booby.
(d) Lady Booby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
2. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
3. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
4. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
5. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)