|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(a) Lady Booby.
(d) Thomas Booby.
2. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Dance and theater.
(b) Romance and burlesque.
(c) Love and life.
(d) History and art.
3. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his sweet voice.
(b) Because of his mind.
(c) Because of his temper.
(d) Because of his age.
4. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
5. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
2. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
3. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
4. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
5. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)