|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Dance and theater.
(b) Love and life.
(c) History and art.
(d) Romance and burlesque.
2. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In friendship.
(b) In theater.
(c) In art.
(d) In nature.
4. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
5. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
2. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
3. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
4. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
5. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)