|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
2. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
3. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his age.
(b) Because of his sweet voice.
(c) Because of his mind.
(d) Because of his temper.
4. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His pens.
(c) His books.
(d) His clothes.
5. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
2. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
3. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
4. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
5. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)