|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(b) A coach.
(c) A dowry.
(d) A house.
2. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(b) Saddle bags.
3. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
4. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The constable.
(b) The governor.
(c) The writer.
(d) The priest.
5. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
2. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
3. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
4. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
5. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)