|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(b) A dowry.
(c) A house.
(d) A coach.
2. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(d) Saddle bags.
3. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
4. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
5. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
2. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
4. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
5. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)