|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
2. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
3. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(a) Lady Booby.
(d) Thomas Booby.
4. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
5. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(b) Saddle bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
2. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
3. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
4. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
5. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)