|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
2. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
3. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
(a) In nature.
(b) In theater.
(c) In art.
(d) In friendship.
4. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
5. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mrs. Slipslop.
(b) Mr. Parsons.
(c) Mrs. Shamela.
(d) Mr. Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
2. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
3. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
4. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
5. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)