|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(b) A dowry.
(c) A house.
(d) A coach.
2. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Love and life.
(b) History and art.
(c) Dance and theater.
(d) Romance and burlesque.
3. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
(d) Saddle bags.
4. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Parsons.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Andrews.
(d) Mrs. Slipslop.
5. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
2. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
3. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
4. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
5. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)