|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
2. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
3. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
(a) His books.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His sermons.
(d) His letters.
4. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The governor.
(b) The priest.
(c) The writer.
(d) The constable.
5. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
2. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
3. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
4. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
5. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)