|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
2. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
3. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His love.
(b) His purity.
(c) His art.
(d) His strength.
5. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
2. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
3. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
4. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
5. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)