|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The writer.
(b) The priest.
(c) The constable.
(d) The governor.
2. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Andrews.
(b) Mr. Parsons.
(c) Mrs. Shamela.
(d) Mrs. Slipslop.
4. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
5. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
2. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
3. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
4. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
5. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)