|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Criticism page 458-494.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
2. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
3. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
(a) He is his servant.
(b) He is his master.
(c) He is his friend.
(d) He is his brother.
4. What does the squire do to the boy after Don Quixote interferes?
(a) Whips him.
(b) Increases his debt.
(c) Teaches him.
(d) Loves him.
5. What does Parson Williams advise Shamela to deny regarding Henrietta?
(a) That she is Shamela's aunt.
(b) That she is Shamela's mother.
(c) That she is Shamela's daughter.
(d) That she is Shamela's rival.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fanny was stolen by gypsies, who was put in her place as a child to be raised by the Andrews?
2. What is lacking in the adventures of Abraham Adams that proves an obvious structural weakness according to the author of "The Reasoning Behind the Form of 'Joseph Andrews'?"
3. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
4. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
5. Who writes "The Life and Adventures of the Renown'd Don Quixote"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)