Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
2. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
3. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
(a) Her folly with Booby.
(b) Her folly with Williams.
(c) Her folly with Andrews.
(d) Her folly with Henry.
4. What clothes does Shamela wear in Letter 7 that prevent Mr. Booby from recognizing her?
(a) A parson's.
(b) A writer's.
(c) A farmer's.
(d) An artist's.
5. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
2. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
3. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
4. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
5. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)