|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 6 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Romance and burlesque.
(b) Love and life.
(c) Dance and theater.
(d) History and art.
2. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
3. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
4. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(a) Human traits.
5. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She cries.
(b) She gets jealous.
(c) She does not.
(d) She argues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
2. Who is Peter Pounce?
3. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
4. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
5. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)