Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 10 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) History and art.
(b) Love and life.
(c) Dance and theater.
(d) Romance and burlesque.
2. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
(a) He is the curate.
(b) He is the writer.
(c) He is the governor.
(d) He is the priest.
3. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
4. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A book.
(b) A loan.
(c) A house.
(d) A pig.
5. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The rooftop.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The bar.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
2. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
3. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
5. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)