Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: Joseph Andrews, Book 2, Chapters 1 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
2. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(c) Thomas Booby.
(d) Lady Booby.
3. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
4. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) Joseph Andrews.
(b) Maximus Aurelius.
(c) Henry Fielding.
(d) George Whitefield.
5. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His books.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His pens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
2. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
3. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
5. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)