|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
(a) Scout's will.
(b) Fanny's pregnancy.
(c) Joseph's marriage.
(d) Anne's friendship.
2. Who writes a dedication to "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
3. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The archbishop.
(b) The priest.
(c) The lawyer.
(d) The lover.
4. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) He cooks her food.
(c) He rescues her.
(d) He marries her.
5. What does Shamela pretend to do when Mr. Booby touches her bosom in Letter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
2. Whose character do critics of Fielding's work all appear to support?
3. What is Conyers's relationship to Hervey in "The History of the Life of Marcus Tullius Cicero"?
4. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
5. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)