|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Fights her.
(d) Locks her up.
2. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His letters.
(c) His sermons.
(d) His books.
3. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
4. "Joseph Andrews" presents the moral problems of the assault against and the preservation of _______.
5. Lady Booby is angry when Adams announces the _____ of marriage between Joseph and Fanny at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
2. Where does Adam end up sleeping, tired after the confusion surrounding Didapper, Fanny, Booby, and others with regards to sleeping and sex?
3. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
4. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
5. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)