|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the villain and housekeeper of Mr. B's property that Pamela is abducted to in "Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded"?
2. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(d) The piano.
3. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
4. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
(a) A visit.
(b) A fight.
(c) A game.
(d) A song.
5. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
(a) Delightful and excessive.
(c) Easy and fun.
(d) Folly and vanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers the parentage of Fanny?
2. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
3. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
4. How many men do Destiny and Cave separate in nightshirts to stop them from fighting at the inn where they are staying?
5. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)