|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Essay on Reputation," Fielding claims that it is hard to distinguish virtue and wisdom from _________.
(a) War and peace.
(b) Joy and love.
(c) Folly and vice.
(d) Love and hate.
2. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
3. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
4. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
(a) Mankind's age.
(b) Mankind's will.
(c) Mankind's happiness.
(d) Mankind's sorrow.
5. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The archbishop.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The lover.
(d) The priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
2. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
3. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
4. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
5. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)