|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
2. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
3. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
(a) A house.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A book.
(d) A son.
4. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A gentleman.
5. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his mind.
(b) Because of his temper.
(c) Because of his sweet voice.
(d) Because of his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
2. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
3. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
4. What fetters and harasses mankind according to Fielding in "Essay on Good Nature"?
5. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)