|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A cellar.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A small estate.
2. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(b) Divine will.
3. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
(a) Mankind's happiness.
(b) Mankind's sorrow.
(c) Mankind's will.
(d) Mankind's age.
4. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
(a) He is wise.
(b) He is kind.
(c) He likes her.
(d) He is old.
5. What does Lady Booby try to terminate legally by using the Justice Fromick?
(a) Scout's will.
(b) Anne's friendship.
(c) Fanny's pregnancy.
(d) Joseph's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
2. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
3. What does Pierre Francois Guyot Desfontaines think Fielding is one of the best at in England in terms of writing?
4. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
5. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)