|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does George Cheyne write Samuel Richardson that Fielding's wretched performance will only entertain porters or watermen?
2. How is Fanny related to Joseph?
(a) They are not related.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are distant relatives.
3. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The writer.
(b) The constable.
(c) The priest.
(d) The governor.
4. Who is Wilson?
(a) A writer.
(b) An inn owner.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A hospitable man.
5. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
(a) Easy and fun.
(c) Delightful and excessive.
(d) Folly and vanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
2. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
3. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
4. What means showing forgiveness and kindness, as well as rejoicing in truth but not sin according to Fielding?
5. When Fanny is attacked by a young gentleman, Beau Didapper, and his servant, who rescues her?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)