|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose character do critics of Fielding's work all appear to support?
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The bar.
(b) The garden.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The rooftop.
3. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She argues.
(b) She gets jealous.
(c) She cries.
(d) She does not.
4. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
(a) Her folly with Williams.
(b) Her folly with Henry.
(c) Her folly with Booby.
(d) Her folly with Andrews.
5. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Dance and theater.
(b) Love and life.
(c) History and art.
(d) Romance and burlesque.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
2. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
3. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
4. Who has decided to write a book about the courtship of Booby and Shamela?
5. Why does Ragotin borrow a horse initially in "Le Roman Comique"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)