|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
2. What does Shamela pretend to do when Mr. Booby touches her bosom in Letter 6?
3. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The priest.
(b) The lover.
(c) The archbishop.
(d) The lawyer.
4. What does Joseph have that identifies him as Wilson's son?
(a) A book.
(b) A temper.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A mole.
5. What does Thomas Gray think Fielding's incidents are while his character portraits are natural?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
2. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
3. Who does Pamela thank for preserving her innocence from Mr. B?
4. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
5. "Joseph Andrews" presents the moral problems of the assault against and the preservation of _______.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)