|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
2. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(d) Mixed feelings.
3. What year is "Essay on Reputation" written?
4. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
(a) The piano.
5. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) An agent.
(b) A priest.
(c) A bookseller.
(d) A peddler.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
2. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
3. What does Parson Williams advise Shamela to deny regarding Henrietta?
4. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
5. What character does James Beattie think Fielding brings to masterly invention in Joseph Andrews?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)