|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is "Essay on Good Nature" written?
2. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
(a) Locks her up.
(b) Fights her.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Kisses her.
3. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The archbishop.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The priest.
(d) The lover.
4. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(a) Mixed feelings.
5. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
2. In Letter 1, to whom does Shamela write a letter to about accommodations?
3. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
4. What is Shamela warned about not repeating in Letter 3 by Henrietta?
5. In what year does George Cheyne write Samuel Richardson that Fielding's wretched performance will only entertain porters or watermen?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)