|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) A weatherproof temple.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) An ale house.
(d) A cellar.
2. What does Peter Pounce do for Fanny?
(a) He cooks her food.
(b) He rescues her.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He marries her.
3. Who does the the squire's retinue kidnap?
4. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She argues.
(b) She gets jealous.
(c) She cries.
(d) She does not.
5. What does Mr. Booby do to Shamela in Letter 2 until Jervis stops him?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Locks her up.
(c) Fights her.
(d) Yells at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
2. In "The Apology for the Clergy," what does Fielding say is serviceable to detect and expose in the clergy?
3. What does Joseph show when he is in the country especially when confronted with the obstacles to marrying Fanny?
4. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
5. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)