|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(c) Old age.
2. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(b) Lady Booby.
(c) Thomas Booby.
3. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
4. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
5. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) George Whitefield.
(b) Henry Fielding.
(c) Joseph Andrews.
(d) Maximus Aurelius.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
2. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
3. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
4. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
5. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)