|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The governor.
(b) The constable.
(c) The priest.
(d) The writer.
2. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
3. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
4. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The bar.
(b) The garden.
(c) The rooftop.
(d) The cellar.
5. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His pens.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
2. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
3. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
4. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
5. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)