|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The constable.
(b) The writer.
(c) The governor.
(d) The priest.
2. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His pens.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His jewelry.
(d) His books.
3. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
4. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
5. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(b) Reading materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
3. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
4. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
5. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)