|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
2. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
(a) The man who buys the ring.
(b) The man who buys the pen.
(c) The man who buys the bookshelf.
(d) The man who buys the ticket.
3. How many weeks before her wedding does the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly change her mind and fall in love with someone else?
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) A priest.
(b) A bookseller.
(c) A peddler.
(d) An agent.
5. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
(c) Human traits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
4. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
5. Where does Fielding find true comedy in his work?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)