|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
2. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
3. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She argues.
(b) She cries.
(c) She gets jealous.
(d) She does not.
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
5. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
2. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
3. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
4. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
5. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)