|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bellarmine need in order to get married from the father of the young woman he is in love with?
(a) A house.
(b) A dowry.
(c) A coach.
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. Who is Wilson?
(a) An inn owner.
(b) A writer.
(c) A hospitable man.
(d) A housekeeper.
4. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A ring.
(b) A pen.
(c) A lottery ticket.
(d) A bookshelf.
5. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(a) Divine will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forces Wilson to move to Temple where he engages in numerous affairs?
2. Since Joseph is not well enough to travel, from whom does Adams ask to borrow money to travel?
3. Who is the admirer that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach singles out as her potential mate?
4. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
5. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)