|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
2. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The governor.
(b) The writer.
(c) The priest.
(d) The constable.
3. Who is Wilson?
(a) A hospitable man.
(b) A writer.
(c) An inn owner.
(d) A housekeeper.
4. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Dance and theater.
(b) History and art.
(c) Love and life.
(d) Romance and burlesque.
5. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
2. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
3. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
4. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
5. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)