|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) George Whitefield.
(b) Maximus Aurelius.
(c) Henry Fielding.
(d) Joseph Andrews.
2. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
(a) Reading materials.
3. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
4. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
(a) A stockbroker.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A writer.
(d) A man of leisure.
5. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
2. From what does Parson Adam's good heart stem?
3. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
4. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
5. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)