|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
2. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) An ale house.
(b) A weatherproof temple.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A cellar.
3. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
(c) Thomas Booby.
(d) Lady Booby.
4. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
5. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) History and art.
(b) Dance and theater.
(c) Love and life.
(d) Romance and burlesque.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
2. At the church, what is Mr. Abraham Adams's role?
3. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
4. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
5. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)