|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
2. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
3. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
4. By following his sister's example, what is Joseph Andrews able to preserve according to Fielding?
(a) His purity.
(b) His strength.
(c) His love.
(d) His art.
5. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) Henry Fielding.
(b) George Whitefield.
(c) Maximus Aurelius.
(d) Joseph Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
2. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
3. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
4. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
5. Who does Joseph attract because of his honesty in the stables?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)