|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His pens.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His books.
2. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
3. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
4. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
5. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
(a) A son.
(b) A daughter.
(c) A book.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
2. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
3. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
4. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
5. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)