|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
2. Despite his speeches, what does the sportsman fail to possess when he hears a young woman scream while he is with Adams?
3. Why is Joseph removed to stables at the age of ten?
(a) Because of his temper.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because of his sweet voice.
(d) Because of his mind.
4. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
5. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The rooftop.
(b) The bar.
(c) The garden.
(d) The cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
2. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
3. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
4. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
5. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)