|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Andrews.
(b) Mrs. Shamela.
(c) Mr. Parsons.
(d) Mrs. Slipslop.
2. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
3. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
(a) An ale house.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) A weatherproof temple.
(d) A cellar.
4. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) Henry Fielding.
(b) George Whitefield.
(c) Maximus Aurelius.
(d) Joseph Andrews.
5. How many copies of Fielding's most famed narrative works are in "Joseph Andrews with Shamela and Related Writings?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
2. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
3. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
4. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
5. Who is Wilson?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)