|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
2. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
3. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
4. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The garden.
(b) The rooftop.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The bar.
5. Whose daughter is Harriet Hearty?
(a) The man who buys the bookshelf.
(b) The man who buys the pen.
(c) The man who buys the ring.
(d) The man who buys the ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
2. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
3. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
5. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)