|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The priest.
(b) The writer.
(c) The constable.
(d) The governor.
2. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
3. Who pays Joseph's bill at the inn?
(a) Mr. Parsons.
(b) Mr. Andrews.
(c) Mrs. Slipslop.
(d) Mrs. Shamela.
4. Who defends Joseph in the coach to the host when Miss Grave-airs and others protest his presence?
5. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) A bookseller.
(b) A peddler.
(c) A priest.
(d) An agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
2. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
3. What does Adams discover that Wilson put in his provisions that makes him a kind and generous man to them?
4. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
5. Who sends for the clergyman in Chapter 13?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)