|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A lottery ticket.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) A pen.
(d) A ring.
2. What is stolen from Wilson by gypsies?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A son.
(c) A book.
(d) A house.
3. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
(c) Divine will.
4. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
5. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His letters.
(c) His sermons.
(d) His books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
2. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
3. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
4. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
5. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)