|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
2. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
3. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
(a) His sermons.
(b) His books.
(c) His letters.
(d) His clothes.
4. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
(a) A man of leisure.
(b) A writer.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A stockbroker.
5. Who is Wilson?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A hospitable man.
(c) A writer.
(d) An inn owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barnabas say that Joseph has resigned himself to without regret as he lays sick?
2. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
3. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
4. Who is the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach?
5. Who refuses to give Joseph credit to pay his bill at the inn?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)