|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adams want from Trulliber?
(a) A loan.
(b) A house.
(c) A book.
(d) A pig.
2. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His pens.
(b) His books.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His jewelry.
3. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(d) Mixed feelings.
4. Who loans money to Adams, Joseph, and Fanny when the hostess of the inn declines?
(a) A bookseller.
(b) A peddler.
(c) A priest.
(d) An agent.
5. Whose Methodist doctrines do Adam and Barnabas discuss that invoke the ire of the clergy?
(a) Maximus Aurelius.
(b) Joseph Andrews.
(c) George Whitefield.
(d) Henry Fielding.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Joseph become an attendant?
2. What does Fielding think biography teaches people about?
3. In Chapter 2, before Joseph and Adams separate, Adams realizes that his sermons are not in his __________.
4. When Mrs. Slipslop is suspiciously affectionate toward Joseph, one lady begs for the story of _____to be resumed in order to avoid improper consequences
5. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)