|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: Criticism page 395-427.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, Fielding states that examples are often better teachers than ____________.
2. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She argues.
(b) She cries.
(c) She gets jealous.
(d) She does not.
3. What is quiet while vice is boisterous according to Fielding?
4. In "Essay on Good Nature," good nature delights in ________.
(a) Mankind's happiness.
(b) Mankind's sorrow.
(c) Mankind's will.
(d) Mankind's age.
5. When Fanny was stolen by gypsies, who was put in her place as a child to be raised by the Andrews?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
2. "Joseph Andrews" presents the moral problems of the assault against and the preservation of _______.
3. On what day in April does the essay on clergy conclude?
4. To whom does Joseph remain loyal despite temptations by other women?
5. In Modern Criticism, Mark Spilka's "Comic Resolution in Fielding's 'Joseph Andrews'" claims the _____ adventures at Booby Hall are among the most memorable scenes in the story.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)