Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: Joseph Andrews, Book 3, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Preface to "Joseph Andrews," Henry Fielding defines his terms and distinguishes his story from ________________.
(a) Love and life.
(b) Dance and theater.
(c) Romance and burlesque.
(d) History and art.
2. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
3. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
4. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A lottery ticket.
(b) A pen.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) A ring.
5. When Miss Grave-airs objects to admitting Joseph to their coach, who does she argue with in the coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that the eighteen-year-old whose story is told by a lady in the coach suddenly falls in love with prior to her wedding?
2. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
3. What does the hostess of the inn offer Adams because she thinks that he is Trulliber's brother?
4. Whose stable does Joseph go to at the age of ten?
5. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)