|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Shamela.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Wilson lose his fortune?
(a) Old age.
2. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
(a) The writer.
(b) The governor.
(c) The constable.
(d) The priest.
3. When the thief is apprehended in the inn, what is returned to Joseph?
(a) His books.
(b) His jewelry.
(c) His pens.
(d) His clothes.
4. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
(a) A writer.
(b) A man of leisure.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A stockbroker.
5. When Lady Booby returns home, the sight of ______ ignites her passion, causing her to argue with Mrs. SlipSlop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Adams traveling to publish three volumes of sermons?
2. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
3. What clothes does Shamela wear in Letter 7 that prevent Mr. Booby from recognizing her?
4. What does Wilson see the pleasures of the world as?
5. Whose presence does Lady Booby frown upon, forcing her to leave with Adams after being taken out of jail?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)