|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Shamela.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
(a) The garden.
(b) The rooftop.
(c) The bar.
(d) The cellar.
2. In Letter 2, what does Shamela say about the squire?
(a) He is wise.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He likes her.
3. Who is Wilson?
(a) A writer.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A hospitable man.
(d) An inn owner.
4. When Barnabas goes to get punch, what does the maid bring for Joseph to drink?
5. Why is Lady Booby indignant with Mrs. Slipslop's encouragement to marry Joseph?
(a) Because she is crazy.
(b) Because she has been taught to fake antipathy.
(c) Because she is slow to respond.
(d) Because she is lost in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mr. Booby's intentions towards Shamela?
2. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
3. When Fanny is attacked by a young gentleman, Beau Didapper, and his servant, who rescues her?
4. Who is the grave person that arrives at the inn concerned for Joseph's health and safety?
5. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)