|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Shamela.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson feel for Harriet Hearty?
(a) Mixed feelings.
2. What winning item does Wilson buy but is forced to sell for bread?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A ring.
(c) A pen.
(d) A lottery ticket.
3. What does Barnabas doubt that Adams can profit from selling?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His books.
(c) His letters.
(d) His sermons.
4. After his father's death, what does Wilson set out to become but fails at?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A stockbroker.
(c) A man of leisure.
(d) A writer.
5. Who does Mrs. Tow-house catch her husband in bed with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose carelessness allows the thief to escape in Chapter 16?
2. When Joseph is arrested, who convinces the justice to commit Joseph and Fanny to his custody?
3. When Mr. Booby and Pamela try to dissuade Joseph from marrying Fanny, how does Joseph respond?
4. What does Fielding believe that biographies copy instead of creating originals?
5. What does Fielding satirize while describing biographies?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)