|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She does not.
(b) She argues.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gets jealous.
2. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A small estate.
(d) A mansion.
3. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
4. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A friend.
(d) A priest.
5. Who does Joseph turn to help him get married to his love?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men do Destiny and Cave separate in nightshirts to stop them from fighting at the inn where they are staying?
2. When Jacky reads the history of Leonard and his wife who constantly quarrel, who assures them that each is right and the person who is right should always submit?
3. While Adams displays trust towards the man that is treated poorly by servants, how does Joseph respond?
4. What is written in the closing months of Sir Robert Walpole's ascendency as first commissioner of treasury?
5. Why does Ragotin borrow a horse initially in "Le Roman Comique"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)