|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux's "Le Paysan parvenu ou les Memoirs de M***," who protects his honor from Genevieve?
2. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
(a) The Cannery.
(b) The Basement.
(c) The Feldenkras.
(d) The Church of England.
3. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
(a) A visit.
(b) A fight.
(c) A song.
(d) A game.
4. What is written in the closing months of Sir Robert Walpole's ascendency as first commissioner of treasury?
(a) Joseph Andrews.
(b) Henry Fielding.
(c) Parson Williams.
(d) John Adams.
5. How many men do Destiny and Cave separate in nightshirts to stop them from fighting at the inn where they are staying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman that set out to find Joseph after hearing of his misfortunes?
2. Who writes "Le Roman Comique"?
3. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
4. Whose attempt to seduce Destiny is stopped by the arrival of Ragotin?
5. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)