|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The lawyer.
(b) The archbishop.
(c) The lover.
(d) The priest.
2. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She gets jealous.
(b) She argues.
(c) She does not.
(d) She cries.
3. In court, a justice mocks Adams when he is on trial because of the villain who said that he tried to __________ him.
4. When Wilson joyfully is reunited with Joseph, his son, who is agitated that Joseph can now marry Fanny?
(a) Mr. Fielding.
(b) Mr. Booby.
(c) Mr. Shamela.
(d) Lady Booby.
5. When Joseph notices Didapper try to lay hold of Fanny, what ensues shortly thereafter?
(a) A visit.
(b) A song.
(c) A game.
(d) A fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fielding frequently satirize in "The Champion"?
2. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
3. What happens to the person from Grenada that Gil is unsure of how to help him recover from?
4. Where does the woman and Adams take shelter during a storm where she hears Joseph?
5. Where does Benjamin Hoadley work that reflects the politics of the era in which Fielding leaves?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)