|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: Background and Sources page 359-392.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parson Trulliber try to sell Adams?
(a) A loan.
(b) A book.
(c) A house.
(d) A pig.
2. In what year does Fielding leave "The Champion" because he is disenchanted with the opposition?
3. Who is treated poorly by servants that Adams notices and sends a boy to assist?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A friend.
(d) A gentleman.
4. In "Histoire de Gil Blas de Santillane," who does Gil meet from Grenada?
(a) The priest.
(b) The lover.
(c) The archbishop.
(d) The lawyer.
5. When Joseph kisses the woman who came in search of him, how does Mrs. Slipslop respond?
(a) She does not.
(b) She gets jealous.
(c) She cries.
(d) She argues.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Fanny related to Joseph?
2. When Lady Booby surprises Adams's household with her arrival, who does she try to set Fanny up with?
3. When Lady Booby returns to London, what does she play to forget Joseph?
4. When Adams marries Joseph and Fanny, where do the couple retire to with money given by Mr. Booby to Fanny?
5. Where are Joseph and Fanny talking when Adams argues with the host of the inn about life and necessities?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)