|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Joni feel about Don's engagement?
2. After speaking with Don, what did Joni believe about their relationship?
3. What was the first verse Don told Joni to look up?
4. What did Joni think about her injury?
5. What did Joni say was the only thing you take with you to heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the things that Joni was able to do in Chapter 16?
2. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
3. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
4. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
5. Why was speaking to young people so important to Joni?
6. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
7. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
8. What did Joni's artwork show?
9. What advice did Joni give to girls?
10. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
To keep her life full and happy Joni involved herself in many different types of activities. Describe those activities and what they did for her and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni believed that her accident was divine intervention in her life. Discuss why she believed that and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)