|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What CBS show did Joni appear on?
2. How did Joni act in high school?
3. What did Joni decide about God after her relationship with Don ended?
4. How did Joni feel about not being able to participate in many camp activities?
5. What type of group did Joni form in the summer of 1970?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impressed Joni about Don?
2. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
3. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
4. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
5. What caused Joni to become possessive of Don?
6. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
7. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
8. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
9. What did Joni say about taking your character to heaven?
10. Joni eventually came to thank God for her relationship with Don. Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
Essay Topic 3
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)