|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Don stay the first time he visited Joni?
2. Who did Joni meet at a Young Life leadership meeting?
3. What chapter of the Bible did Joni read that caused her mind to play tricks on her?
4. Who arranged for Joni to have an art show?
5. What job did Joni take on at the end of her book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impressed Joni about Don?
2. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
3. What did Joni and Don believe that God's will was?
4. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
5. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
6. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
7. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
8. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
9. What advice did Joni give to girls?
10. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Joni's accident. How did it happen? What happened immediately after the accident? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni had an important romantic relationship with Donald Bertolli. Describe how that relationship helped, as well as hindered, her relationship with God. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni's family and friends had many different reactions to the accident. Compare and contrast their feelings. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)