|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni and Don argue about at Christmas?
2. What famous reporter interviewed Joni?
3. What did Joni believe was an important trait to have?
4. What did Joni say was the only thing you take with you to heaven?
5. What did Joni become in 1970?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Joni to become possessive of Don?
2. What impressed Joni about Don?
3. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
4. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
5. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
6. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
7. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
8. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
9. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
10. What did Joni's artwork show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)