|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Don left on vacation, what did he and Joni decide they needed to do?
2. What class did Joni attend that helped her to learn a lot about her life?
3. What types of things did Joni draw in her art?
4. What type of pen did Joni use to draw with?
5. How did Joni feel about Don's engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the things that Joni was able to do in Chapter 16?
2. Joni eventually came to thank God for her relationship with Don. Why?
3. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
4. What did Joni say about taking your character to heaven?
5. In Chapter 11, Joni realized that she needed to work to keep her family relationships strong. What did that mean to her?
6. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
7. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
8. What were Joni's feelings when she and Don broke up?
9. What advice did Joni give to girls?
10. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni believed that her accident was divine intervention in her life. Discuss why she believed that and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)