|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book of the Bible did Joni quote from to teach girls about God's will?
2. What did Joni initially believe about her relationship with Don?
3. What did Steve tell Joni that her paralysis was?
4. What program was Joni invited to appear on?
5. Who was Joni angry at because her relationship with Don had ended?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni say about taking your character to heaven?
2. What advice did Joni give to girls?
3. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
4. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
5. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
6. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
7. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
8. In Chapter 11, Joni realized that she needed to work to keep her family relationships strong. What did that mean to her?
9. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
10. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
To keep her life full and happy Joni involved herself in many different types of activities. Describe those activities and what they did for her and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)