|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni say was the only thing you take with you to heaven?
2. How much longer did Jay and Diana buy Joni's pants so they fit right?
3. What did Joni do in Philadelphia?
4. How did Joni feel about Don's engagement?
5. Where did Don take Joni in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
2. What did Joni's artwork show?
3. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
4. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
5. What impressed Joni about Don?
6. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
7. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
8. Joni eventually came to thank God for her relationship with Don. Why?
9. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
10. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what role forgiveness played in Joni's life throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)