|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Don stay the first time he visited Joni?
2. What job did Joni take on at the end of her book?
3. When did Joni go to Philadelphia?
4. What did Joni decide about God after her relationship with Don ended?
5. Who went to college in the fall of 1970?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
2. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
3. What were Joni's feelings when she and Don broke up?
4. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
5. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
6. What were some of the things that Joni was able to do in Chapter 16?
7. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
8. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
9. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
10. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni had many struggles with her religious beliefs throughout the book. Describe some of those struggles and use examples from the book.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)