|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer did Jay and Diana buy Joni's pants so they fit right?
2. What type of group did Joni form in the summer of 1970?
3. What area of town was Joni's new friend from a Young Life Leadership meeting from?
4. Who had warned Joni not to get so involved with Don?
5. What did Joni and Don argue about at Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
2. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
3. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
4. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
5. What were Joni's feelings when she and Don broke up?
6. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
7. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
8. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
9. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
10. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni's family and friends had many different reactions to the accident. Compare and contrast their feelings. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
Essay Topic 3
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)