|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class did Joni attend that helped her to learn a lot about her life?
2. What did Joni realize from attending the seminar?
3. How much longer did Jay and Diana buy Joni's pants so they fit right?
4. How did Joni feel about Don's engagement?
5. What company did Joni do exhibits for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
2. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
3. What caused Joni to become possessive of Don?
4. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
5. What did Joni's artwork show?
6. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
7. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
8. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
9. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
10. What impressed Joni about Don?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni had an important romantic relationship with Donald Bertolli. Describe how that relationship helped, as well as hindered, her relationship with God. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)