|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don first visited Joni, what time did he come?
2. After speaking with Don, what did Joni believe about their relationship?
3. What did Joni believe that enduring pain would help her to gain?
4. What did Joni realize from attending the seminar?
5. How much longer did Jay and Diana buy Joni's pants so they fit right?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impressed Joni about Don?
2. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
3. Joni eventually came to thank God for her relationship with Don. Why?
4. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
5. What advice did Joni give to girls?
6. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
7. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
8. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
9. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
10. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
There were times when Joni tried to tell God what to do in her life. What happened when she did that?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)