|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After realizing God's will in her life, what did Joni decide not to worry about as much?
2. What did Joni and Don argue about at Christmas?
3. After speaking with Don, what did Joni believe about their relationship?
4. Before Don left on vacation, what did he and Joni decide they needed to do?
5. At the end of the book how did Joni feel about her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Joni realized that she needed to work to keep her family relationships strong. What did that mean to her?
2. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
3. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
4. What were some of the things that Joni was able to do in Chapter 16?
5. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
6. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
7. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
8. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
9. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
10. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Over time Joni had many different feelings and reactions to the severity of her accident and the limitations it placed on her. Describe those feelings and reactions and use examples from the book.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)