|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had warned Joni not to get so involved with Don?
2. Who did Joni meet at a Young Life leadership meeting?
3. What class did Joni attend that helped her to learn a lot about her life?
4. When did Joni really start to ask God about her future?
5. What did Steve tell Joni that their lives work like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Joni's feelings when she and Don broke up?
2. What did Joni and Don believe that God's will was?
3. Joni eventually came to thank God for her relationship with Don. Why?
4. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
5. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
6. What advice did Joni give to girls?
7. What did Joni say about taking your character to heaven?
8. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
9. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
10. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni had an important romantic relationship with Donald Bertolli. Describe how that relationship helped, as well as hindered, her relationship with God. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Over time Joni had many different feelings and reactions to the severity of her accident and the limitations it placed on her. Describe those feelings and reactions and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)