|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company did Joni do exhibits for?
2. What type of breakup did Joni and Don have?
3. Before Don left on vacation, what did he and Joni decide they needed to do?
4. What did Don tell Diana about Joni?
5. What did Joni believe that enduring pain would help her to gain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
2. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
3. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
4. What were some of the things that Joni was able to do in Chapter 16?
5. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
6. Why was speaking to young people so important to Joni?
7. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
8. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
9. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
10. What impressed Joni about Don?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what role forgiveness played in Joni's life throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)