|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni learn about God's truth?
2. Why did Joni believe that her accident had happened?
3. What did Joni initially believe about her relationship with Don?
4. Who went to college in the fall of 1970?
5. What did Don tell Diana about Joni?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
2. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
3. What did Joni and Don believe that God's will was?
4. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
5. What impressed Joni about Don?
6. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
7. What were some of the things that Joni was able to do in Chapter 16?
8. What caused Joni to become possessive of Don?
9. What did Joni's artwork show?
10. Why was speaking to young people so important to Joni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni believed that her accident was divine intervention in her life. Discuss why she believed that and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)