|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Kelly's mother?
2. How old was Kelly?
3. What book of the Bible did Joni quote from to teach girls about God's will?
4. What did Donald do to surprise Joni when they went on a trip in the summer?
5. What job did Joni take on at the end of her book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
2. In Chapter 11, Joni realized that she needed to work to keep her family relationships strong. What did that mean to her?
3. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
4. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
5. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
6. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
7. What advice did Joni give to girls?
8. What were Joni's feelings when she and Don broke up?
9. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
10. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book Joni had different views on what God's will was in her life. Describe her changing views and use examples from the book.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)