|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall of 1970, what did Joni think that God's plan for her was?
2. What famous reporter interviewed Joni?
3. After speaking with Don, what did Joni believe about their relationship?
4. Who was Kelly's mother?
5. Where did Don take Joni in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
2. What impressed Joni about Don?
3. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
4. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
5. What did Joni say about taking your character to heaven?
6. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
7. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
8. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
9. What did Joni and Don believe that God's will was?
10. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what role forgiveness played in Joni's life throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni had many struggles with her religious beliefs throughout the book. Describe some of those struggles and use examples from the book.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)