|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Joni meet at a Young Life leadership meeting?
2. What role did Joni come to accept?
3. What did Joni become in 1970?
4. What did Steve tell Joni that her paralysis was?
5. What did Joni do after her breakup with Don?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
2. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
3. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
4. What did Joni and Don believe that God's will was?
5. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
6. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
7. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
8. What did Joni's artwork show?
9. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
10. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
At one point Joni studied many different secular philosophies. Discuss why studying those philosophies ultimately led her back to God. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni had many struggles with her religious beliefs throughout the book. Describe some of those struggles and use examples from the book.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)