|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Joni take on at the end of her book?
2. After speaking with Steve what did Joni start to thank God for?
3. How did Joni feel about Don's engagement?
4. What did Joni learn about God's truth?
5. Before Don left on vacation, what did he and Joni decide they needed to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the things that Joni was able to do in Chapter 16?
2. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
3. Why was speaking to young people so important to Joni?
4. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
5. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
6. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
7. Joni eventually came to thank God for her relationship with Don. Why?
8. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
9. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
10. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
There were many times that Joni took what God wanted and twisted it to make it what she wanted. Give examples of some of those times
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)