|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Don take Joni in the summer?
2. What did Donald do to surprise Joni when they went on a trip in the summer?
3. Where did Don go on vacation?
4. Who was Joni angry at because her relationship with Don had ended?
5. Who arranged for Joni to have an art show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
2. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
3. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
4. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
5. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
6. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
7. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
8. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
9. What did Joni and Don believe that God's will was?
10. In Chapter 11, Joni realized that she needed to work to keep her family relationships strong. What did that mean to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni believed that her accident was divine intervention in her life. Discuss why she believed that and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)