|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer did Jay and Diana buy Joni's pants so they fit right?
2. What was the first verse Don told Joni to look up?
3. What did Joni believe that enduring pain would help her to gain?
4. What did Joni and Don argue about at Christmas?
5. After Joni prayed so hard to be healed and wasn't, how did she feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
2. What caused Joni to become possessive of Don?
3. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
4. What advice did Joni give to girls?
5. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
6. What did Joni say about taking your character to heaven?
7. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
8. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
9. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
10. What were Joni's feelings when she and Don broke up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni believed that her accident was divine intervention in her life. Discuss why she believed that and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni's family and friends had many different reactions to the accident. Compare and contrast their feelings. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)