|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which apostle did Steve compare Joni's life to?
2. Who was Kelly's mother?
3. When Don first visited Joni, what time did he come?
4. What was the name of the camp where Joni was a counselor?
5. What role did Joni come to accept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice did Joni give to girls?
2. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
3. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
4. What did Joni and Don believe that God's will was?
5. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
6. What did Joni's artwork show?
7. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
8. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
9. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
10. In Chapter 11, Joni realized that she needed to work to keep her family relationships strong. What did that mean to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni had an important romantic relationship with Donald Bertolli. Describe how that relationship helped, as well as hindered, her relationship with God. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
There were times when Joni tried to tell God what to do in her life. What happened when she did that?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)