|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
2. What did Joni do in Chapter 9 that she had thought she would never be able to?
3. What was Joni's official diagnosis?
4. Who was Joni's first boyfriend?
5. How high was Joni able to move her arm in physical therapy the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
2. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
3. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
4. What type of person was Joni's mother?
5. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
6. What was Dick's view on the accident?
7. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
8. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
9. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
10. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were times when Joni tried to tell God what to do in her life. What happened when she did that?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what role forgiveness played in Joni's life throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)