|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
2. What is Joni's mother's name?
3. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
4. How did most people feel when seeing Joni for the first time?
5. What type of surgery was performed to repair Joni's spine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
2. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
3. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
4. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
5. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
6. What was Joni's visit home like?
7. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
8. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
9. What type of childhood did Joni have?
10. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni believed that her accident was divine intervention in her life. Discuss why she believed that and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)