|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did most people feel when seeing Joni for the first time?
2. During what procedure was Joni sedated for several days?
3. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
4. What did Chris encourage Joni to do?
5. Who came to live with Joni in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
2. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
3. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
4. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
5. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
6. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
7. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
8. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
9. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
10. How did Joni describe her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what role forgiveness played in Joni's life throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
At one point Joni studied many different secular philosophies. Discuss why studying those philosophies ultimately led her back to God. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)