|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Joni's second rehab center located?
2. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
3. What did they try in physical therapy that made Joni feel nauseated?
4. What was the name of Joni's high school?
5. Where did Dick and Joni go on Christmas break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
2. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
3. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
4. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
5. What was Joni's visit home like?
6. What was Dick's view on the accident?
7. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
8. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
9. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
10. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni's family and friends had many different reactions to the accident. Compare and contrast their feelings. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)