|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Joni's high school?
2. Who saved Joni from drowning?
3. What was the most common injury at Greenoaks?
4. What was Joni's official diagnosis?
5. What was the next thing Joni learned to do in therapy after she learned to draw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
2. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
3. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
4. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
5. What type of person was Joni's mother?
6. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
7. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
8. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
9. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
10. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
To keep her life full and happy Joni involved herself in many different types of activities. Describe those activities and what they did for her and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joni's accident. How did it happen? What happened immediately after the accident? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)