|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
2. What did Joni discover that her spiritual life was filled with?
3. What did Jackie do that caused Joni to scream and curse at her?
4. Which fellow ICU patient died just a few days after arriving?
5. What sensation did Joni feel when hitting her head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
2. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
3. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
4. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
5. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
6. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
7. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
8. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
9. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
10. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni had many struggles with her religious beliefs throughout the book. Describe some of those struggles and use examples from the book.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)