|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
2. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
3. How long was Joni in the hospital?
4. What abbreviation did Joni begin to sign on her drawings?
5. What did Joni come to realize about sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
2. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
3. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
4. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
5. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
6. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
7. What type of person was Joni's mother?
8. What was Joni's visit home like?
9. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
10. What type of childhood did Joni have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Joni's accident. How did it happen? What happened immediately after the accident? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)