|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
2. How did most people feel when seeing Joni for the first time?
3. What did Dick bring to surprise Joni?
4. What did Steve and Joni do on Wednesdays?
5. Where did Joni's accident occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joni describe her father?
2. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
3. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
4. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
5. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
6. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
7. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
8. What type of childhood did Joni have?
9. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
10. What type of person was Joni's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni's family and friends had many different reactions to the accident. Compare and contrast their feelings. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni had many struggles with her religious beliefs throughout the book. Describe some of those struggles and use examples from the book.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)