|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
2. On which part of her body could Joni feel Kathy's touch after the accident?
3. What group did Joni join in high school?
4. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
5. What date did Joni's doctor want her to be able to go home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
2. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
3. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
4. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
5. What was Joni's visit home like?
6. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
7. What type of childhood did Joni have?
8. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
9. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
10. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)