|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Joni join in high school?
2. What did Jackie do that caused Joni to scream and curse at her?
3. Where did Joni's accident occur?
4. What date did Joni's doctor want her to be able to go home?
5. What verse did Dick read to Joni to encourage her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joni describe her father?
2. What was Dick's view on the accident?
3. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
4. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
5. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
6. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
7. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
8. What type of childhood did Joni have?
9. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
10. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)