|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Joni feel when she arrived home?
2. Which of Joni's family members was sick in Chapter 9?
3. Where did Joni's accident occur?
4. How did most people feel when seeing Joni for the first time?
5. Who did Joni move in with when she left Rancho Los Amigos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of childhood did Joni have?
2. How did Joni describe her father?
3. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
4. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
5. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
6. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
7. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
8. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
9. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
10. What was Dick's view on the accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Joni's accident. How did it happen? What happened immediately after the accident? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)