|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni's church do?
2. What began to happen to Joni in the weeks following surgery?
3. What did Steve and Joni do on Wednesdays?
4. What emotion did Dr. Sherrill warn Joni about?
5. How did Joni feel when she arrived home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
2. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
3. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
4. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
5. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
6. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
7. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
8. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
9. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
10. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Over time Joni had many different feelings and reactions to the severity of her accident and the limitations it placed on her. Describe those feelings and reactions and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
To keep her life full and happy Joni involved herself in many different types of activities. Describe those activities and what they did for her and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)