|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What past relationship did Joni feel guilt about?
2. What did the doctor use to see if Joni could feel anything?
3. What holiday was Joni able to go home for one day?
4. What did Jackie do that caused Joni to scream and curse at her?
5. What could Joni not stand to have around her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of childhood did Joni have?
2. How did Joni describe her father?
3. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
4. What was Dick's view on the accident?
5. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
6. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
7. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
8. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
9. How did Rancho Los Amigos compare to Greenoaks?
10. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Joni's accident. How did it happen? What happened immediately after the accident? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)