|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Barber do to Joni?
2. What frightened Joni when she looked in the mirror for the first time at the hospital?
3. What did Joni's occupational therapist want her to do?
4. Who told Joni that life has no meaning?
5. Which body parts did Joni have full feeling in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
2. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
3. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
4. What advice did Joni give to girls?
5. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
6. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
7. What did Joni say about taking your character to heaven?
8. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
9. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
10. Joni and Don developed a strong relationship. Describe their relationship.
Essay Topic 1
Over time Joni had many different feelings and reactions to the severity of her accident and the limitations it placed on her. Describe those feelings and reactions and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
To keep her life full and happy Joni involved herself in many different types of activities. Describe those activities and what they did for her and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Joni's accident. How did it happen? What happened immediately after the accident? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)