|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Bible verse did Diana tell Joni to encourage her?
2. Who asked Joni to come live with them?
3. Who came to live with Joni in the summer?
4. What did Joni do in Chapter 9 that she had thought she would never be able to?
5. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
2. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
3. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
4. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
5. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
6. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
7. What type of person was Joni's mother?
8. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
9. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
10. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Joni's accident. How did it happen? What happened immediately after the accident? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what role forgiveness played in Joni's life throughout the book.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)