|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
2. Which body parts did Joni have full feeling in?
3. What did Joni's doctors have to do to prevent her from continuing to get bedsores?
4. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
5. What type of sins was Joni trapped by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
2. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
3. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
4. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
5. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
6. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
7. What type of person was Joni's mother?
8. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
9. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
10. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point Joni studied many different secular philosophies. Discuss why studying those philosophies ultimately led her back to God. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
There were many times that Joni took what God wanted and twisted it to make it what she wanted. Give examples of some of those times
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book Joni had different views on what God's will was in her life. Describe her changing views and use examples from the book.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)