|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What past relationship did Joni feel guilt about?
2. When was Joni's father born?
3. What frightened Joni when she looked in the mirror for the first time at the hospital?
4. What did Steve and Joni do on Wednesdays?
5. Who came to live with Joni in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
2. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
3. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
4. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
5. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
6. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
7. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
8. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
9. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
10. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)