Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Barber do to Joni?
2. What attitude did Jay, Diana and Dick have about walking with Joni in her wheelchair?
3. When Joni left Rancho Los Amigos and she started to become depressed, what did her dad tell her to do?
4. What type of bed was Joni in when she woke from surgery?
5. What did Jay do weekly for Joni and her roommates at Greenoaks?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
2. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
3. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
4. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
5. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
6. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
7. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
8. What impressed Joni about Don?
9. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
10. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
Essay Topic 1
Over time Joni had many different feelings and reactions to the severity of her accident and the limitations it placed on her. Describe those feelings and reactions and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni had many struggles with her religious beliefs throughout the book. Describe some of those struggles and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)