|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which part of her body could Joni feel Kathy's touch after the accident?
2. After Joni started doing creative activities in therapy, what did she give her family for Christmas?
3. What time of day was hardest for Joni?
4. What was Joni's official diagnosis?
5. How did Joni feel when she arrived home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
2. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
3. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
4. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
5. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
6. What type of person was Joni's mother?
7. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
8. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
9. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
10. How did Joni describe her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni believed that her accident was divine intervention in her life. Discuss why she believed that and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni's family and friends had many different reactions to the accident. Compare and contrast their feelings. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Over time Joni had many different feelings and reactions to the severity of her accident and the limitations it placed on her. Describe those feelings and reactions and use examples from the book.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)