|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steve ask Joni to do that she was uncomfortable with?
2. Who was Joni's first boyfriend?
3. Who asked Joni to come live with them?
4. What did Joni's occupational therapist want her to do?
5. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
2. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
3. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
4. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
5. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
6. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
7. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
8. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
9. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
10. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bouts of depression that Joni went through and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni believed that her accident was divine intervention in her life. Discuss why she believed that and use examples from the book.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)