|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
2. What was the next thing Joni learned to do in therapy after she learned to draw?
3. What did Jay do weekly for Joni and her roommates at Greenoaks?
4. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
5. What was the name of Joni's second rehab facility?
Short Essay Questions
1. Joni eventually came to thank God for her relationship with Don. Why?
2. What did Joni realize about pain and suffering?
3. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
4. What impressed Joni about Don?
5. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
6. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
7. How did Rancho Los Amigos compare to Greenoaks?
8. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
9. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
10. What were Joni's feelings when she and Don broke up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joni's family and friends had many different reactions to the accident. Compare and contrast their feelings. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Steve Estes was an important person who helped Joni strengthen her relationship with God and come to a new understanding of what God wanted from her. Describe how Steve helped Joni, and what he taught her. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)