|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Joni's sisters tried to cheer her up by dressing up and visiting on Halloween?
2. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
3. What was Joni's official diagnosis?
4. What did Joni discover that her spiritual life was filled with?
5. What gift was Joni excited to receive on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
2. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
3. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
4. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
5. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
6. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
7. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
8. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
9. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
10. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were times when Joni tried to tell God what to do in her life. What happened when she did that?
Essay Topic 2
After Joni and Donald broke up she began to question many things in her life. Discuss what things she questioned and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)