|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What verse did Joni find important when she first arrived home?
2. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
3. How long did it take Joni to get to PT the first time she drove her wheelchair?
4. What did Joni and her friends do to better understand each other?
5. During what procedure was Joni sedated for several days?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
2. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
3. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
4. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
5. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
6. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
7. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
8. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
9. How did Rancho Los Amigos compare to Greenoaks?
10. What type of person was Joni's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Over time Joni had many different feelings and reactions to the severity of her accident and the limitations it placed on her. Describe those feelings and reactions and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
At one point Joni studied many different secular philosophies. Discuss why studying those philosophies ultimately led her back to God. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)