|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
2. What type of bed was Joni in when she woke from surgery?
3. What is Joni's mother's name?
4. In which body parts could Joni feel a tingling sensation?
5. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
2. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
3. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
4. What was Dick's view on the accident?
5. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
6. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
7. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
8. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
9. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
10. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
Essay Topic 2
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
Essay Topic 3
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)