|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the role-playing experiment help Joni to see about herself?
2. What verse did Dick read to Joni to encourage her?
3. What emotion did Dr. Sherrill warn Joni about?
4. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
5. Which of Joni's friends became a volunteer at Greenoaks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
2. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
3. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
4. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
5. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
6. What did Joni's artwork show?
7. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
8. What type of childhood did Joni have?
9. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
10. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
Essay Topic 1
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what role forgiveness played in Joni's life throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)