|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Joni that "everything works together for good"?
2. What did Joni's doctors have to do to prevent her from continuing to get bedsores?
3. What did Dr. Harris call Joni?
4. What began to happen to Joni in the weeks following surgery?
5. How did Joni feel when she arrived home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
2. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
3. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
4. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
5. How did Rancho Los Amigos compare to Greenoaks?
6. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
7. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
8. What worries did Joni have about her relationship with Don?
9. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
10. Joni believed that relationships have serious consequences. What did she believe were some of those circumstances?
Essay Topic 1
There were times when Joni tried to tell God what to do in her life. What happened when she did that?
Essay Topic 2
Over time Joni had many different feelings and reactions to the severity of her accident and the limitations it placed on her. Describe those feelings and reactions and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Joni underwent many different types of therapy throughout her time at Greenoaks and Rancho Los Amigos. Describe the types of therapy she received.
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)