|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Joni's ward mate's names?
2. What did Mrs. Barber do to Joni?
3. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
4. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
5. What did the doctor use to see if Joni could feel anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
2. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
3. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
4. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
5. What was Dick's view on the accident?
6. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
7. How did Joni describe her father?
8. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
9. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
10. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book Joni had different views on what God's will was in her life. Describe her changing views and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
To keep her life full and happy Joni involved herself in many different types of activities. Describe those activities and what they did for her and use examples from the book.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)