|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni want to learn to do again?
2. What was the name of Joni's second rehab facility?
3. Who came to live with Joni in the summer?
4. What emotion did Dr. Sherrill warn Joni about?
5. During what procedure was Joni sedated for several days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
2. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
3. What did Joni's artwork show?
4. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
5. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
6. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
7. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
8. How did Joni describe her father?
9. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
10. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what role forgiveness played in Joni's life throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
There were many times that Joni took what God wanted and twisted it to make it what she wanted. Give examples of some of those times
Essay Topic 3
When Joni came home she faced many new challenges and emotions that she hadn't felt before. Describe these challenges and emotions using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)