|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joni's mother's name?
2. On which part of her body could Joni feel Kathy's touch after the accident?
3. What abbreviation did Joni begin to sign on her drawings?
4. How did most people feel when seeing Joni for the first time?
5. What did Dr. Harris call Joni?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
2. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
3. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
4. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
5. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
6. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
7. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
8. What was Joni's visit home like?
9. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
10. How did Joni describe her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point Joni started reading and learning about secular philosophies of life. Discuss what she learned by reading these philosophies and why they ultimately led her back to God.
Essay Topic 2
There were many times that Joni took what God wanted and twisted it to make it what she wanted. Give examples of some of those times
Essay Topic 3
There were times when Joni tried to tell God what to do in her life. What happened when she did that?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)