|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what procedure was Joni sedated for several days?
2. Which fellow ICU patient died just a few days after arriving?
3. What did Jackie do that caused Joni to scream and curse at her?
4. What did Dick bring to surprise Joni?
5. What emotion did Dr. Sherrill warn Joni about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
2. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
3. What was Dick's view on the accident?
4. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
5. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
6. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
7. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
8. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
9. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
10. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were times when Joni tried to tell God what to do in her life. What happened when she did that?
Essay Topic 2
Joni's faith played a very important role in her life. Discuss what role her faith played. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Joni's feelings regarding her situation differed from those of other patients she encountered in the hospital and rehab centers. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)