|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Joni believed knew why she was paralyzed?
(d) Her father.
2. Who did Joni meet in the summer of 1970?
(a) Dick Rohlfs and Chuck and Craig Garriott.
(b) Dick Garriott and Chuck and Craig Rohlfs.
(c) John Alexander and Bryan and Steve Johannsen.
(d) John Johannsen and Bryan and Steve Alexander.
3. How did Joni feel about Don's engagement?
(d) Happy for him.
4. What news from Don caused Joni much hurt?
(a) That he was hurt.
(b) That he missed her.
(c) That he was sick.
(d) That he was engaged.
5. What did Joni try to do in her relationship with Don?
(a) Make it more than it was.
(b) Engineer God's will.
(c) End it.
(d) Control Don.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of relationship did Joni and Don begin to develop?
2. Before Don left on vacation, what did he and Joni decide they needed to do?
3. Who went to college in the fall of 1970?
4. What role did Joni come to accept?
5. Who was Joni angry at because her relationship with Don had ended?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
2. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
3. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
4. What were Joni's feelings when she and Don broke up?
5. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
6. What did Joni's artwork show?
7. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
8. What did Joni say about taking your character to heaven?
9. What impressed Joni about Don?
10. How was Joni's new attitude in dealing with sources of irritation tested?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)