|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Kelly's mother?
2. After speaking with Don, what did Joni believe about their relationship?
(a) It would only cause pain.
(b) It was impossible.
(c) She needed to end it.
(d) They could make it work.
3. Why did Joni believe that her accident had happened?
(a) To make her see how stubborn she was.
(b) To bring her closer to God.
(c) To make her realize how much she needed to change.
(d) To make her more grateful.
4. Who is the only person Joni believed knew why she was paralyzed?
(d) Her father.
5. Where did Don go on vacation?
(b) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni believe that enduring pain would help her to gain?
2. What did Steve tell Joni that her paralysis was?
3. Which apostle did Steve compare Joni's life to?
4. What type of group did Joni form in the summer of 1970?
5. What happened to Joni's catheter bag in Philadelphia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Joni realized that she needed to work to keep her family relationships strong. What did that mean to her?
2. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
3. What reaction did Joni have when meeting Don's fiancée?
4. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
5. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
6. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
7. What caused Joni to become possessive of Don?
8. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
9. What did Joni and Elizabeth McGovern talk about?
10. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)