|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Don confide in about his relationship with Joni?
2. What type of group did Joni form in the summer of 1970?
3. Why did Joni believe that her accident had happened?
(a) To make her realize how much she needed to change.
(b) To make her more grateful.
(c) To bring her closer to God.
(d) To make her see how stubborn she was.
4. What did Joni believe that enduring pain would help her to gain?
(a) Stronger faith.
(b) Strong relationships.
(c) Mature character.
(d) A better life.
5. What CBS show did Joni appear on?
(a) News with Walter Cronkite.
(b) CBS News with Dan Rather.
(c) The Week in Review.
(d) Lee Phillip Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Kelly?
2. Who was another guest when Joni appeared for her interview on TV?
3. What type of background did Don have?
4. Before Don left on vacation, what did he and Joni decide they needed to do?
5. What did Steve think that Joni was hung up on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni learn about giving thanks in Chapter 10?
2. What did Joni come to realize about her niece's death?
3. Joni thought that God wanted her to be single for the rest of her life. What were her feelings on this subject?
4. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
5. What did Joni and Don believe that God's will was?
6. What advice did Joni give to girls?
7. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
8. In Chapter 11, Joni realized that she needed to work to keep her family relationships strong. What did that mean to her?
9. What impressed Joni about Don?
10. Over time Joni came to an important realization about why her accident had happened. What was that realization?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)