|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which part of her body could Joni feel Kathy's touch after the accident?
2. What did Joni like to do to make herself feel "normal" again?
(a) Go on walks in her wheelchair.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Sit on the couch.
3. What was Joni's official diagnosis?
(b) Spastic paralysis.
(c) Flaccid paralysis.
4. What type of bed was Joni in when she woke from surgery?
(b) Full electric.
5. What did Joni's occupational therapist want her to do?
(a) Learn to use her hands.
(b) Learn to write with her mouth.
(c) Take her therapy more seriously.
(d) Work harder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Joni need desperately after her accident?
2. What did Dr. Harris call Joni?
3. When was Joni's father born?
4. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
5. Which of Joni's sisters tried to cheer her up by dressing up and visiting on Halloween?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
2. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
3. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
4. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
5. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
6. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
7. What type of childhood did Joni have?
8. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
9. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
10. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)