|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Joni's family members was sick in Chapter 9?
(a) Her sister Jay.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her niece.
2. On which part of her body could Joni feel Kathy's touch after the accident?
3. Who told Joni that "everything works together for good"?
4. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
(a) Her bedsores opened.
(b) She became depressed.
(c) She became happier.
(d) She refused to see her family.
5. What did Dick bring to surprise Joni?
(a) A kitten
(b) A puppy.
(c) Her favorite food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Joni to become angry with Dick?
2. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
3. Where did Joni's accident occur?
4. Who told Joni that life has no meaning?
5. What gift was Joni excited to receive on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
2. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
3. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
4. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
5. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
6. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
7. What was Joni's visit home like?
8. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
9. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
10. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)