|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sensation did Joni feel when hitting her head?
(b) Electric shock.
2. After Joni started doing creative activities in therapy, what did she give her family for Christmas?
(a) Candy dishes.
3. What Bible verse did Diana tell Joni to encourage her?
(a) John 24:16.
(b) John 2:6.
(c) John 6:14.
(d) John 16:24.
4. What did Joni's doctors have to do to prevent her from continuing to get bedsores?
(a) Shave her bones down.
(b) Reduce her physical therapy.
(c) Stop her visits home.
(d) Keep her in the Stryker bed permanently.
5. What verse did Dick read to Joni to encourage her?
(a) James 1:2-4.
(b) Mark 5:8-10.
(c) Matthew 8:5.
(d) Psalm 23.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bed was Joni in when she woke from surgery?
2. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
3. What food did the chef make for Joni that she was unable to eat?
4. What verse did Joni find important when she first arrived home?
5. Who did Joni move in with when she left Rancho Los Amigos?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
2. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
3. How did Joni describe her father?
4. What type of childhood did Joni have?
5. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
6. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
7. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
8. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
9. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
10. Before Joni's accident occurred she had prayed "Lord do something in my life to change me and turn me around." What did Joni come to believe God had done to answer that prayer?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)