|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joni and her friends do to better understand each other?
(a) Wrote about what they thought someone else's life was like.
(b) Discussed each others lives.
(d) Lived a day in the life of each other.
2. Who did Joni move in with when she left Rancho Los Amigos?
(d) Her parents.
3. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
(d) Her parents.
4. What did Joni like to do to make herself feel "normal" again?
(a) Visit friends.
(b) Sit on the couch.
(c) Go on walks in her wheelchair.
(d) Go shopping.
5. What did Mrs. Barber do to Joni?
(a) Threatened her.
(b) Refused to help her.
(c) Hit her.
(d) Bruised her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What verse did Dick read to Joni to encourage her?
2. What food did the chef make for Joni that she was unable to eat?
3. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
4. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
5. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
2. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
3. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
4. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
5. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
6. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
7. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
8. What was Joni's visit home like?
9. How did Kathy rescue Joni from the water?
10. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)