|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What began to happen to Joni in the weeks following surgery?
(a) She became happier.
(b) She got stronger.
(c) She got weaker.
(d) She became depressed.
2. What attitude did Jay, Diana and Dick have about walking with Joni in her wheelchair?
3. What was the most common injury at Greenoaks?
(b) Muscular dystrophy.
(d) Broken neck.
4. What did Joni's occupational therapist want her to do?
(a) Learn to write with her mouth.
(b) Learn to use her hands.
(c) Take her therapy more seriously.
(d) Work harder.
5. Where did Joni start her first horseback ride?
(d) Rock Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joni left Rancho Los Amigos and she started to become depressed, what did her dad tell her to do?
2. In which body parts could Joni feel a tingling sensation?
3. On which part of her body could Joni feel Kathy's touch after the accident?
4. What time of day was hardest for Joni?
5. What gift was Joni excited to receive on her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
2. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
3. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
4. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
5. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
6. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
7. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
8. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
9. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
10. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)