|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was Joni able to move her arm in physical therapy the first time?
(a) 1 inch.
(b) Less than an inch.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
2. What caused Joni to become angry with Dick?
(a) He left her alone.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) He stopped coming to visit.
(d) He was late coming to see her.
3. What was the name of the nurse who always came to visit Joni?
4. Which of Joni's friends became a volunteer at Greenoaks?
5. What was the next thing Joni learned to do in therapy after she learned to draw?
(a) Sit up.
(b) Move her fingers.
(d) Lift her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion did Dr. Sherrill warn Joni about?
2. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
3. Where did Joni start her first horseback ride?
4. What sensation did Joni feel when hitting her head?
5. What changed in Joni and Dick's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
2. How did Rancho Los Amigos compare to Greenoaks?
3. What type of childhood did Joni have?
4. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
5. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
6. What was Joni's visit home like?
7. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
8. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
9. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
10. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)