|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high was Joni able to move her arm in physical therapy the first time?
(a) Less than an inch.
(b) 1 inch.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
2. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
(a) A hindrance.
(b) A gift.
(c) A blessing.
3. What type of surgery was performed to repair Joni's spine?
(c) Lumbar disc replacement.
(d) Fusion surgery.
4. What type of bed was Joni in when she woke from surgery?
(d) Full electric.
5. What frightened Joni when she looked in the mirror for the first time at the hospital?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) Her injury.
(c) Her inability to move.
(d) Her fear of the unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Joni from drowning?
2. Who did Joni need desperately after her accident?
3. What did Joni come to realize about sin?
4. What did Joni like to do to make herself feel "normal" again?
5. What could Joni not stand to have around her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
2. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
3. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
4. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
5. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
6. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
7. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
8. What type of childhood did Joni have?
9. What was Joni's visit home like?
10. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)