|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joni like to do to make herself feel "normal" again?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Go on walks in her wheelchair.
(c) Sit on the couch.
(d) Visit friends.
2. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
(a) That it was temporary.
(b) That it was the worst he'd seen.
(c) That it was permanent.
(d) That it was fixed.
3. What did Joni not allow herself to do until she got back to Greenoaks after going home?
4. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
(a) Steve Estes.
(b) Mike Brown.
(c) Ken Tada.
(d) John Allen.
5. Who was Joni's first boyfriend?
(a) Jason Leverton.
(b) Steve Estes.
(c) Dick Filbert.
(d) Donald Bertolli.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fellow ICU patient died just a few days after arriving?
2. After Joni started doing creative activities in therapy, what did she give her family for Christmas?
3. What caused Joni to become angry with Dick?
4. What group did Joni join in high school?
5. What is the name of the rehabilitation center Joni was to be sent to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
2. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
3. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
4. What was Joni's visit home like?
5. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
6. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
7. How did Rancho Los Amigos compare to Greenoaks?
8. What did Joni learn about God's will in Chapter 9?
9. Jason's view on the accident was much different than Dick's. What was his opinion?
10. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)