|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Joni started doing creative activities in therapy, what did she give her family for Christmas?
(b) Candy dishes.
2. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
(a) She became happier.
(b) Her bedsores opened.
(c) She became depressed.
(d) She refused to see her family.
3. What did Joni's occupational therapist want her to do?
(a) Work harder.
(b) Learn to write with her mouth.
(c) Learn to use her hands.
(d) Take her therapy more seriously.
4. How long did it take Joni to get to PT the first time she drove her wheelchair?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
5. Where did Dick and Joni go on Christmas break?
(a) To the mall.
(b) On a horseback ride.
(c) To a ski resort.
(d) To see a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Joni's roommates at Greenoaks was very bitter and angry about her situation?
2. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
3. During what procedure was Joni sedated for several days?
4. What did the doctor use to see if Joni could feel anything?
5. Which family member stayed in the hospital round the clock for the first few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of childhood did Joni have?
2. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
3. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
4. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
5. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
6. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
7. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
8. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
9. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
10. When Joni's nerves started to heal what type of reactions did she have?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)