|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Joni that life has no meaning?
2. What attitude did Jay, Diana and Dick have about walking with Joni in her wheelchair?
3. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
(a) Dress herself.
(b) Feed herself.
(c) Draw with her mouth.
(d) Move her fingers.
4. Which of Joni's roommates at Greenoaks was very bitter and angry about her situation?
5. Which cervical level did the doctors say that Joni's fracture dislocation was at?
(a) 1st and 2nd.
(c) 2nd and 3rd.
(d) 4th and 5th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joni's mother's name?
2. What did Joni do in Chapter 9 that she had thought she would never be able to?
3. What is the name of the rehabilitation center Joni was to be sent to?
4. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
5. What did Steve ask Joni to do that she was uncomfortable with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
2. What did Joni resolve to do when she arrived at Greenoaks?
3. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
4. What were the sensations Joni felt after hitting her head?
5. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
6. How did Joni start acting differently in Chapter 6?
7. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
8. How did Joni learn to maneuver her wheelchair on her own?
9. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
10. What was Joni's visit home like?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)