|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctor use to see if Joni could feel anything?
2. What did Joni's occupational therapist want her to do?
(a) Learn to use her hands.
(b) Learn to write with her mouth.
(c) Take her therapy more seriously.
(d) Work harder.
3. What attitude did Jay, Diana and Dick have about walking with Joni in her wheelchair?
4. What hospital was Joni taken to for her second back surgery?
(b) St. Anthony.
5. What was the name of Joni's high school?
(b) River View.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
2. Which fellow ICU patient died just a few days after arriving?
3. What did Joni do in Chapter 9 that she had thought she would never be able to?
4. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
5. What did the role-playing experiment help Joni to see about herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Joni arrived home from Rancho Los Amigos she became depressed. Describe some of the things she went through during that time.
2. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
3. What were Joni's first days in the hospital like?
4. What did Diana tell Joni about not giving up in Chapter 8?
5. What did Joni work on in physical therapy?
6. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
7. What did Diana help Joni to realize?
8. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
9. What type of person was Joni's mother?
10. What did Joni and Diana learn about their different situations when they role-played each other?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)