|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Barber do to Joni?
(a) Refused to help her.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Bruised her hand.
(d) Threatened her.
2. What attitude did Jay, Diana and Dick have about walking with Joni in her wheelchair?
3. When Joni left Rancho Los Amigos and she started to become depressed, what did her dad tell her to do?
(b) Trust God.
(c) Believe in God.
(d) Obey God.
4. What type of bed was Joni in when she woke from surgery?
(d) Full electric.
5. What did Jay do weekly for Joni and her roommates at Greenoaks?
(a) Give them pedicures.
(b) Cut their hair.
(c) Give them manicures.
(d) Wash their hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Joni's family members was sick in Chapter 9?
2. What verse did Joni find important when she first arrived home?
3. On which part of her body could Joni feel Kathy's touch after the accident?
4. What did Dick bring to surprise Joni?
5. What did the doctor use to see if Joni could feel anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Joni was introduced to Steve Estes. What did he help her to realize about her relationship with God?
2. What did "working things out through love" mean to Joni?
3. What did "Sources of Irritation" teach Joni?
4. Steve told Joni that their lives were "paintings in the making." What did he mean by that?
5. What scared Joni about having a relationship with Don?
6. Steve told Joni that she was "hung up on her self-image." What did he mean by that?
7. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
8. What impressed Joni about Don?
9. What did Joni's sister warn Don that having a relationship with her would mean?
10. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)