|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift was Joni excited to receive on her birthday?
(a) A visit from a friend.
(b) She was turned face up.
(c) She was able to go home.
(d) She regained use of one hand.
2. What type of songs did Joni sing during her surgery?
3. Who was Joni's first boyfriend?
(a) Dick Filbert.
(b) Donald Bertolli.
(c) Steve Estes.
(d) Jason Leverton.
4. What did the doctor use to see if Joni could feel anything?
5. Where did Joni's accident occur?
(a) Chesapeake Bay.
(b) Standley Bay.
(c) Arbor Lake.
(d) Niagra Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Joni's sisters tried to cheer her up by dressing up and visiting on Halloween?
2. Where was Joni's second rehab center located?
3. After Joni started doing creative activities in therapy, what did she give her family for Christmas?
4. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
5. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was BJ's advice to Joni?
2. What did Joni ask Jackie to do for her?
3. What guilt did Joni have about her relationship with Jason?
4. Joni spent time reading books on other philosophies. What did learning about these other philosophies teach her?
5. What did the doctors do to reduce Joni's likelihood of getting bed sores? Did it help?
6. What did Joni's therapy-aide warn her family about when she went home for a visit?
7. What was Mrs. Barber's attitude toward the patients at Greenoaks?
8. What was involved in the myelogram that Joni had done?
9. How did Joni picture Greenoaks, and what was it really like?
10. How did Joni and her parents misunderstand what the fusion surgery would do for her?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)