|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of things did Joni draw in her art?
(a) Depressing scenes.
(b) Things of beauty.
(c) Things expressing her pain.
(d) Nature scenes.
2. How old was Kelly?
3. What did Joni decide she needed to do to improve her relationship with her sisters?
(a) Spend more time with them.
(b) Appreciate them.
(c) Be more grateful to them.
(d) Try not to be as dependent on them.
4. What type of background did Don have?
5. After speaking with Steve what did Joni start to thank God for?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her family.
(d) Her handicap.
6. At the end of the book how did Joni feel about her life?
7. What program was Joni invited to appear on?
(c) Good Morning America.
(d) The Today Show.
8. How long did Don stay the first time he visited Joni?
(a) A few hours.
(b) Half a day.
(c) All day.
(d) An hour.
9. When did Diana get married?
(a) July 1971.
(b) June 1971.
(c) July 1970.
(d) June 1970.
10. What did Joni decide about God after her relationship with Don ended?
(a) That he didn't want her to have a relationship.
(b) That he enjoyed watching her in pain.
(c) That he knew best.
(d) That he didn't want her to be happy.
11. What did Joni believe that enduring pain would help her to gain?
(a) A better life.
(b) Strong relationships.
(c) Mature character.
(d) Stronger faith.
12. In the fall of 1970, what did Joni think that God's plan for her was?
(a) To go to college.
(b) To get married.
(c) To be single.
(d) To become a youth counselor.
13. What did Don tell Diana about Joni?
(a) He was falling in love with Joni.
(b) He wanted to break up with Joni.
(c) He needed space from Joni.
(d) He wanted to marry Joni.
14. What did Joni try to do in her relationship with Don?
(a) End it.
(b) Engineer God's will.
(c) Make it more than it was.
(d) Control Don.
15. What did Joni become in 1970?
(a) A counselor.
(b) A student.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Joni act in high school?
2. What did Donald do to surprise Joni when they went on a trip in the summer?
3. What did Joni think about her injury?
4. When did Joni really start to ask God about her future?
5. Who had warned Joni not to get so involved with Don?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)