|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steve tell Joni that their lives work like?
(a) Paintings in the making.
(b) A project not finished.
(c) Clay being molded.
(d) A story not fully written.
2. Where did Don go on vacation?
(a) South America.
3. What news from Don caused Joni much hurt?
(a) That he missed her.
(b) That he was hurt.
(c) That he was sick.
(d) That he was engaged.
4. How much longer did Jay and Diana buy Joni's pants so they fit right?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 2 inches.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
5. What did Joni try to do in her relationship with Don?
(a) Control Don.
(b) End it.
(c) Engineer God's will.
(d) Make it more than it was.
6. After speaking with Steve what did Joni start to thank God for?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her handicap.
(c) Her family.
7. What role did Joni play in many of her friends' weddings?
(b) Wedding coordinator.
8. What did Joni do with her drawings?
(a) Display them at galleries.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Display them in her home.
(d) Give them as gifts.
9. What type of background did Don have?
10. What did Joni think about her injury?
(a) It was a tragedy.
(b) It was a gift from God.
(c) It was a blessing.
(d) It was a hindrance.
11. What did Don tell Diana about Joni?
(a) He was falling in love with Joni.
(b) He wanted to break up with Joni.
(c) He needed space from Joni.
(d) He wanted to marry Joni.
12. When did Diana get married?
(a) June 1970.
(b) July 1971.
(c) June 1971.
(d) July 1970.
13. Who went to college in the fall of 1970?
14. What type of breakup did Joni and Don have?
15. When Don first visited Joni, what time did he come?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous reporter interviewed Joni?
2. What job did Joni take on at the end of her book?
3. What did Joni believe that enduring pain would help her to gain?
4. What did Joni do in Philadelphia?
5. What do many young people ignore when in a relationship?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)