|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
(c) Her parents.
2. What was the next thing Joni learned to do in therapy after she learned to draw?
(a) Lift her arm.
(b) Sit up.
(c) Move her fingers.
3. After Joni started doing creative activities in therapy, what did she give her family for Christmas?
(a) Candy dishes.
4. What did Mrs. Barber do to Joni?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Refused to help her.
(c) Threatened her.
(d) Bruised her hand.
5. What holiday was Joni able to go home for one day?
(c) Fourth of July.
6. What did Dr. Harris call Joni?
7. What was Joni's official diagnosis?
(a) Spastic paralysis.
(c) Flaccid paralysis.
8. What abbreviation did Joni begin to sign on her drawings?
9. What did Joni discover that her spiritual life was filled with?
(c) Sad times.
(d) Happy times.
10. Which of Joni's sisters tried to cheer her up by dressing up and visiting on Halloween?
11. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
(a) Steve Estes.
(b) Ken Tada.
(c) Mike Brown.
(d) John Allen.
12. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
(d) Her parents.
13. Which family member stayed in the hospital round the clock for the first few days?
14. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
(a) That it was fixed.
(b) That it was temporary.
(c) That it was permanent.
(d) That it was the worst he'd seen.
15. What hospital was Joni taken to for her second back surgery?
(d) St. Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
2. When was Joni's father born?
3. What food did the chef make for Joni that she was unable to eat?
4. Which body parts did Joni have full feeling in?
5. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)