|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joni start her first horseback ride?
(c) Rock Springs.
2. What did Dr. Harris call Joni?
3. How high was Joni able to move her arm in physical therapy the first time?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 5 inches.
(c) Less than an inch.
(d) 1 inch.
4. What abbreviation did Joni begin to sign on her drawings?
5. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
(a) Draw with her mouth.
(b) Feed herself.
(c) Move her fingers.
(d) Dress herself.
6. What time of day was hardest for Joni?
(c) Early morning.
7. What did Joni come to realize about sin?
(a) It was an attitude.
(b) It was an emotion.
(c) It was a feeling.
(d) It was wrong.
8. What did Chris encourage Joni to do?
9. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
(a) A gift.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A hindrance.
10. What did Joni like to do to make herself feel "normal" again?
(a) Go on walks in her wheelchair.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Sit on the couch.
11. What type of surgery was performed to repair Joni's spine?
(a) Lumbar disc replacement.
(c) Fusion surgery.
12. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
13. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
(a) She became happier.
(b) Her bedsores opened.
(c) She refused to see her family.
(d) She became depressed.
14. What were Joni's ward mate's names?
(a) Diana, Alice, Kristen and Debbie.
(b) Ann, Betty, BJ and Denise.
(c) Irene, Liz, Marcy and Jackie.
(d) Becky, Donna, Sarah and Bonnie.
15. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
(a) John Allen.
(b) Mike Brown.
(c) Steve Estes.
(d) Ken Tada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
2. What could Joni not stand to have around her?
3. Who told Joni that life has no meaning?
4. What emotion did Dr. Sherrill warn Joni about?
5. How did most people feel when seeing Joni for the first time?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)