|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cervical level did the doctors say that Joni's fracture dislocation was at?
(b) 2nd and 3rd.
(c) 4th and 5th.
(d) 1st and 2nd.
2. What did Joni like to do to make herself feel "normal" again?
(a) Sit on the couch.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Go on walks in her wheelchair.
3. When was Joni's father born?
4. What did Dick bring to surprise Joni?
(a) A puppy.
(c) Her favorite food.
(d) A kitten
5. What verse did Dick read to Joni to encourage her?
(a) Mark 5:8-10.
(b) James 1:2-4.
(c) Matthew 8:5.
(d) Psalm 23.
6. How long was Joni in the hospital?
(a) 5 1/2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 1/2 months.
(d) 4 months.
7. Where did Joni's accident occur?
(a) Niagra Falls.
(b) Chesapeake Bay.
(c) Standley Bay.
(d) Arbor Lake.
8. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
(a) A hindrance.
(b) A gift.
(c) A blessing.
9. What did Chris encourage Joni to do?
10. Who told Joni that life has no meaning?
11. What frightened Joni when she looked in the mirror for the first time at the hospital?
(a) Her inability to move.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her injury.
(d) Her fear of the unknown.
12. What hospital was Joni taken to for her second back surgery?
(c) St. Anthony.
13. What type of bed was Joni in when she woke from surgery?
(b) Full electric.
14. Which of Joni's family members was sick in Chapter 9?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her sister Jay.
(c) Her niece.
(d) Her dad.
15. What emotion did Dr. Sherrill warn Joni about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
2. Which body parts did Joni have full feeling in?
3. Where was Joni's second rehab center located?
4. What did Joni's occupational therapist want her to do?
5. Where did Joni start her first horseback ride?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)