|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of songs did Joni sing during her surgery?
2. What was the most common injury at Greenoaks?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
(b) Broken neck.
3. What did Steve and Joni do on Wednesdays?
(a) Teach youth group.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Have Bible study.
(d) Go hiking.
4. What did the role-playing experiment help Joni to see about herself?
(d) Bad attitude.
5. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
(c) Her parents.
6. Which of Joni's friends became a volunteer at Greenoaks?
7. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
(a) That it was fixed.
(b) That it was permanent.
(c) That it was the worst he'd seen.
(d) That it was temporary.
8. What did Joni and her friends do to better understand each other?
(a) Lived a day in the life of each other.
(b) Wrote about what they thought someone else's life was like.
(d) Discussed each others lives.
9. What did Mrs. Barber do to Joni?
(a) Threatened her.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Refused to help her.
(d) Bruised her hand.
10. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
11. What hospital was Joni taken to for her second back surgery?
(b) St. Anthony.
12. What did Joni's church do?
(a) Held an all night prayer service.
(b) Sent people in shifts to visit.
(c) Wrote a book about her.
(d) Held a fundraiser.
13. What abbreviation did Joni begin to sign on her drawings?
14. What was the name of Joni's second rehab facility?
(a) Ranch of the Rockies.
(b) Rancho Los Amigos.
(c) Los Amigos Ranch.
15. What did Joni want to learn to do again?
(c) Use her legs.
(d) Use her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did they try in physical therapy that made Joni feel nauseated?
2. Who told Joni that "everything works together for good"?
3. Where did Joni start her first horseback ride?
4. What did Joni's doctors have to do to prevent her from continuing to get bedsores?
5. What date did Joni's doctor want her to be able to go home?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)