|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dick and Joni go on Christmas break?
(a) On a horseback ride.
(b) To the mall.
(c) To see a movie.
(d) To a ski resort.
2. In which body parts could Joni feel a tingling sensation?
(a) Chest and toes.
(b) Upper arms and head.
(c) Neck and chest.
(d) Upper arms and chest.
3. What gift was Joni excited to receive on her birthday?
(a) She was able to go home.
(b) She was turned face up.
(c) A visit from a friend.
(d) She regained use of one hand.
4. How did most people feel when seeing Joni for the first time?
(b) At ease.
5. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
(a) She became happier.
(b) She refused to see her family.
(c) Her bedsores opened.
(d) She became depressed.
6. What did Joni ask Jackie to do?
(a) Help her sit up.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Give her an overdose.
(d) Bring her a Bible.
7. What could Joni not stand to have around her?
8. Which fellow ICU patient died just a few days after arriving?
9. Which body parts did Joni have full feeling in?
(a) Arms and legs.
(b) Neck and arms.
(c) Head and neck.
(d) Fingers and toes.
10. What caused Joni to become angry with Dick?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) He was late coming to see her.
(c) He left her alone.
(d) He stopped coming to visit.
11. How long was Joni in the hospital?
(a) 5 1/2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 3 1/2 months.
12. When Joni left Rancho Los Amigos and she started to become depressed, what did her dad tell her to do?
(a) Believe in God.
(b) Obey God.
(d) Trust God.
13. What time of day was hardest for Joni?
(d) Early morning.
14. What did they try in physical therapy that made Joni feel nauseated?
(a) Raising her arm.
(b) Sitting up.
(c) Raising her leg.
(d) Lifting her head.
15. Where was Joni's second rehab center located?
(a) San Fransisco.
(b) Santa Monica.
(c) Bel Air.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
2. What began to happen to Joni in the weeks following surgery?
3. What type of songs did Joni sing during her surgery?
4. What did Joni do in Chapter 9 that she had thought she would never be able to?
5. What did Steve and Joni do on Wednesdays?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)