|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightened Joni when she looked in the mirror for the first time at the hospital?
(a) Her inability to move.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her injury.
(d) Her fear of the unknown.
2. What did Steve ask Joni to do that she was uncomfortable with?
(a) Counsel youth.
(b) Lead their Bible study.
(c) Give her testimony at church.
(d) Study other doctrine.
3. What did Joni and her friends do to better understand each other?
(a) Wrote about what they thought someone else's life was like.
(b) Lived a day in the life of each other.
(d) Discussed each others lives.
4. What did Joni's church do?
(a) Wrote a book about her.
(b) Sent people in shifts to visit.
(c) Held a fundraiser.
(d) Held an all night prayer service.
5. What did Mrs. Barber do to Joni?
(a) Threatened her.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Refused to help her.
(d) Bruised her hand.
6. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
7. What changed in Joni and Dick's relationship?
(a) He moved to be closer to her.
(b) They got married.
(c) They became friends.
(d) They stopped speaking.
8. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
(d) Her parents.
9. What was Joni's official diagnosis?
(c) Flaccid paralysis.
(d) Spastic paralysis.
10. What could Joni not stand to have around her?
11. What did Joni come to realize about sin?
(a) It was wrong.
(b) It was an emotion.
(c) It was an attitude.
(d) It was a feeling.
12. Where was Joni's second rehab center located?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Fransisco.
(c) Santa Monica.
(d) Bel Air.
13. What did Jay do weekly for Joni and her roommates at Greenoaks?
(a) Cut their hair.
(b) Give them manicures.
(c) Give them pedicures.
(d) Wash their hair.
14. When was Joni's father born?
15. What did Joni want to learn to do again?
(a) Use her hands.
(b) Use her legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni not allow herself to do until she got back to Greenoaks after going home?
2. Which of Joni's friends became a volunteer at Greenoaks?
3. What did Chris encourage Joni to do?
4. What was the name of Joni's second rehab facility?
5. Who asked Joni to come live with them?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)