|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joni do in Chapter 9 that she had thought she would never be able to?
(a) Become a youth counselor.
(b) Move out on her own.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Speak in front of a group.
2. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
(a) Her parents.
3. What gift was Joni excited to receive on her birthday?
(a) A visit from a friend.
(b) She regained use of one hand.
(c) She was turned face up.
(d) She was able to go home.
4. What emotion did Dr. Sherrill warn Joni about?
5. How did most people feel when seeing Joni for the first time?
(d) At ease.
6. Which fellow ICU patient died just a few days after arriving?
7. Which family member stayed in the hospital round the clock for the first few days?
8. What date did Joni's doctor want her to be able to go home?
(a) December 15.
(b) April 15.
(c) August 15.
(d) July 15.
9. What was the name of Joni's high school?
(b) River View.
10. Where did Joni start her first horseback ride?
(a) Rock Springs.
11. Who moved to be near Joni at her second rehab center?
(c) Her parents.
12. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
(a) Dress herself.
(b) Move her fingers.
(c) Draw with her mouth.
(d) Feed herself.
13. What attitude did Jay, Diana and Dick have about walking with Joni in her wheelchair?
14. What food did the chef make for Joni that she was unable to eat?
15. What type of sins was Joni trapped by?
(a) Sins of the heart.
(b) Sins of the flesh.
(c) Sins of emotions.
(d) Sins of the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Harris call Joni?
2. Which of Joni's roommates at Greenoaks was very bitter and angry about her situation?
3. What type of surgery was performed to repair Joni's spine?
4. What frightened Joni when she looked in the mirror for the first time at the hospital?
5. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)