|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joni like to do to make herself feel "normal" again?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Go on walks in her wheelchair.
(d) Sit on the couch.
2. What was the most common injury at Greenoaks?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
(b) Broken neck.
3. Which family member stayed in the hospital round the clock for the first few days?
4. What began to happen to Joni in the weeks following surgery?
(a) She got stronger.
(b) She became happier.
(c) She became depressed.
(d) She got weaker.
5. What did Steve ask Joni to do that she was uncomfortable with?
(a) Lead their Bible study.
(b) Counsel youth.
(c) Study other doctrine.
(d) Give her testimony at church.
6. What did Joni ask Jackie to do?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Bring her a Bible.
(c) Help her sit up.
(d) Give her an overdose.
7. What did Joni not allow herself to do until she got back to Greenoaks after going home?
8. Which cervical level did the doctors say that Joni's fracture dislocation was at?
(a) 1st and 2nd.
(c) 4th and 5th.
(d) 2nd and 3rd.
9. What was the next thing Joni learned to do in therapy after she learned to draw?
(a) Lift her arm.
(c) Move her fingers.
(d) Sit up.
10. Who told Joni that "everything works together for good"?
11. What caused Joni to become angry with Dick?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) He stopped coming to visit.
(c) He was late coming to see her.
(d) He left her alone.
12. In which body parts could Joni feel a tingling sensation?
(a) Upper arms and head.
(b) Upper arms and chest.
(c) Chest and toes.
(d) Neck and chest.
13. Where did Dick and Joni go on Christmas break?
(a) On a horseback ride.
(b) To see a movie.
(c) To a ski resort.
(d) To the mall.
14. What did Jay do weekly for Joni and her roommates at Greenoaks?
(a) Give them pedicures.
(b) Wash their hair.
(c) Give them manicures.
(d) Cut their hair.
15. What hospital was Joni taken to for her second back surgery?
(a) St. Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dick bring to surprise Joni?
2. How long did it take Joni to get to PT the first time she drove her wheelchair?
3. Which fellow ICU patient died just a few days after arriving?
4. How high was Joni able to move her arm in physical therapy the first time?
5. What happened as a result of Joni's visit home?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)