|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which body parts could Joni feel a tingling sensation?
(a) Upper arms and chest.
(b) Neck and chest.
(c) Upper arms and head.
(d) Chest and toes.
2. What did Joni's church do?
(a) Sent people in shifts to visit.
(b) Held a fundraiser.
(c) Held an all night prayer service.
(d) Wrote a book about her.
3. What began to happen to Joni in the weeks following surgery?
(a) She got stronger.
(b) She became happier.
(c) She got weaker.
(d) She became depressed.
4. What did Dick bring to surprise Joni?
(b) Her favorite food.
(c) A kitten
(d) A puppy.
5. What did they try in physical therapy that made Joni feel nauseated?
(a) Sitting up.
(b) Raising her leg.
(c) Lifting her head.
(d) Raising her arm.
6. Which of Joni's friends became a volunteer at Greenoaks?
7. What sensation did Joni feel when hitting her head?
(c) Electric shock.
8. What did Dick tell Joni that her handicap was?
(b) A gift.
(c) A hindrance.
(d) A blessing.
9. What were Joni's ward mate's names?
(a) Irene, Liz, Marcy and Jackie.
(b) Becky, Donna, Sarah and Bonnie.
(c) Ann, Betty, BJ and Denise.
(d) Diana, Alice, Kristen and Debbie.
10. How did Joni feel when she arrived home?
11. What did Joni want to learn to do again?
(a) Use her legs.
(b) Use her hands.
12. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
(a) That it was fixed.
(b) That it was permanent.
(c) That it was temporary.
(d) That it was the worst he'd seen.
13. Who was Joni's first boyfriend?
(a) Steve Estes.
(b) Dick Filbert.
(c) Donald Bertolli.
(d) Jason Leverton.
14. What time of day was hardest for Joni?
(d) Early morning.
15. Which family member stayed in the hospital round the clock for the first few days?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni discover that her spiritual life was filled with?
2. Where did Joni's accident occur?
3. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
4. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
5. What verse did Joni find important when she first arrived home?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)