|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Joni's father born?
2. What was the most common injury at Greenoaks?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
(c) Broken neck.
3. What was the first thing that Joni learned to do while at Rancho Los Amigos?
(a) Draw with her mouth.
(b) Move her fingers.
(c) Dress herself.
(d) Feed herself.
4. After Joni started doing creative activities in therapy, what did she give her family for Christmas?
(b) Candy dishes.
5. What sensation did Joni feel when hitting her head?
(a) Electric shock.
6. What was Joni's official diagnosis?
(b) Spastic paralysis.
(c) Flaccid paralysis.
7. What Bible verse did Diana tell Joni to encourage her?
(a) John 2:6.
(b) John 24:16.
(c) John 16:24.
(d) John 6:14.
8. On which part of her body could Joni feel Kathy's touch after the accident?
9. Who did Joni write her first letter to after learning to write with her mouth?
(c) Her parents.
10. What was the next thing Joni learned to do in therapy after she learned to draw?
(a) Sit up.
(b) Move her fingers.
(c) Lift her arm.
11. What holiday was Joni able to go home for one day?
(c) Fourth of July.
12. What is the name of the rehabilitation center Joni was to be sent to?
(b) Elms Haven.
13. What was the name of the nurse who always came to visit Joni?
14. What frightened Joni when she looked in the mirror for the first time at the hospital?
(a) Her inability to move.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) Her fear of the unknown.
(d) Her injury.
15. What gift was Joni excited to receive on her birthday?
(a) She was able to go home.
(b) A visit from a friend.
(c) She regained use of one hand.
(d) She was turned face up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni's doctors have to do to prevent her from continuing to get bedsores?
2. What did Joni not allow herself to do until she got back to Greenoaks after going home?
3. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
4. What type of bed was Joni in when she woke from surgery?
5. Where was Joni's second rehab center located?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)