|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joni want to learn to do again?
(b) Use her legs.
(d) Use her hands.
2. What was the name of Joni's high school?
(a) River View.
3. Which family member stayed in the hospital round the clock for the first few days?
4. Which of Joni's sisters tried to cheer her up by dressing up and visiting on Halloween?
5. What did Joni like to do to make herself feel "normal" again?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Go on walks in her wheelchair.
(d) Sit on the couch.
6. What did Jay do weekly for Joni and her roommates at Greenoaks?
(a) Wash their hair.
(b) Give them manicures.
(c) Cut their hair.
(d) Give them pedicures.
7. What gift was Joni excited to receive on her birthday?
(a) She was turned face up.
(b) She was able to go home.
(c) She regained use of one hand.
(d) A visit from a friend.
8. Which of Joni's family members was sick in Chapter 9?
(a) Her dad.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her sister Jay.
9. What past relationship did Joni feel guilt about?
10. What were Joni's ward mate's names?
(a) Ann, Betty, BJ and Denise.
(b) Becky, Donna, Sarah and Bonnie.
(c) Irene, Liz, Marcy and Jackie.
(d) Diana, Alice, Kristen and Debbie.
11. What frightened Joni when she looked in the mirror for the first time at the hospital?
(a) Her fear of the unknown.
(b) Her inability to move.
(c) Her injury.
(d) Her appearance.
12. Who told Joni that she had to fight to get better?
13. Who did Diana bring to meet Joni?
(a) Ken Tada.
(b) John Allen.
(c) Mike Brown.
(d) Steve Estes.
14. What began to happen to Joni in the weeks following surgery?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She got stronger.
(c) She got weaker.
(d) She became happier.
15. What did Joni not allow herself to do until she got back to Greenoaks after going home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joni's church do?
2. Which of Joni's roommates at Greenoaks was very bitter and angry about her situation?
3. After Joni started doing creative activities in therapy, what did she give her family for Christmas?
4. Which fellow ICU patient died just a few days after arriving?
5. What did Dr. Sherrill tell Joni and her parents about her injury after the surgery?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)