|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, Jonathan can not transport himself more than a ________ width at a time.
2. If you learn nothing, Jonathan finds out, the next world is ________.
3. What does Fletcher do when he hears the strange voice in his head?
(a) Stumbles midair
(b) Flies faster
(d) Crashes into the rocks
4. Who is skeptical of Jonathan's ideas and plans for his future?
(d) The Elder Gull
5. Who is the Elder Gull?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the other gulls look at Jonathan in awe, what does he proclaim himself to be, needing to learn from them instead?
2. What is the Elder Gull said to soon be moving beyond?
3. Jonathan asks the Elder Gull whether this world is not _____ after all and what happens next.
4. Who is the seagull that feels he has been too harshly and unjustly treated by the Flock?
5. Perfect speed is "being _________."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan believe Heaven should do in terms of limits?
2. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
3. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
4. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
5. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
6. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
7. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
8. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
9. Where does Jonathan believe he is in this section of the book?
10. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)