|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jonathan suddenly feel as he is left by himself?
2. What does Jonathan feel he was born to do?
(a) Love others
(b) Become an expert flyer
(c) Travel the world
(d) Instruct other gulls
3. Jonathan is sure he will see Sullivan again in the ______ and ________.
(a) Skies, Earth
(b) Here, Now
(c) Clouds, Sands
(d) Heaven, Earth
4. Jonathan believes heaven ought not have natural __________.
5. Only on occasion does Jonathan remember using wings in the fight for _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. If you learn nothing, Jonathan finds out, the next world is ________.
2. What does Fletcher do when he hears the strange voice in his head?
3. Some gulls need how many lives in order to find that life is about more than eating?
4. How many more lives do gulls need in order to realize that they need to find perfection and show it to others?
5. What color is Jonathan when he appears beside Fletcher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
2. What does Jonathan's teacher say when Johnathan asks why there are so few gulls in their location?
3. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
4. What is the best speed Jonathan can reach in this new and delightful setting in the story?
5. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
6. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
7. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
8. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
9. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
10. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)