|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan do for the first time since leaving Earth when he finally transports himself?
2. What does Jonathan want Fletcher to begin with as he takes him as a student?
(c) Level flight
3. Sullivan declares Jonathan has less fear of _____ than any gull in 10,000 years.
4. Jonathan is sure he will see Sullivan again in the ______ and ________.
(a) Heaven, Earth
(b) Clouds, Sands
(c) Here, Now
(d) Skies, Earth
5. Those who put aside travel for perfection go anywhere ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memories are fading for Jonathan as he spends more time in this new land?
2. What is the only thing the Elder Gull still thinks Jonathan needs to work on?
3. At first, Jonathan can not transport himself more than a ________ width at a time.
4. What does the Elder Gull do to prove the answer to #87 is correct?
5. Some gulls need how many lives in order to find that life is about more than eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
2. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
3. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
4. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
5. Where does Jonathan believe he is in this section of the book?
6. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
7. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
8. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
9. How does Chiang demonstrate touching heaven, which dazzles Jonathan and makes him want to learn more from this guru?
10. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)