|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more lives do gulls need in order to realize that they need to find perfection and show it to others?
2. What does Fletcher do when he hears the strange voice in his head?
(a) Stumbles midair
(b) Flies faster
(d) Crashes into the rocks
3. What does Jonathan apparently not need in order to learn the lessons he's learned?
(a) Other gulls
(c) Mulitple lives
4. Jonathan tells Fletcher not to be harsh towards gulls that only ________ themselves.
(a) Want to be
(b) Pretend to be
5. Sullivan declares Jonathan has less fear of _____ than any gull in 10,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan now has new wings of polished _________.
2. Is Jonathan disappointed that he didn't reach his goal?
3. What is Jonathan's instructor's name?
4. How does Jonathan suddenly feel as he is left by himself?
5. What is the actual speed that Jonathan reaches when he is trying to reach his new goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
2. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
3. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
4. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
5. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
6. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
7. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
8. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
9. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
10. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)