|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan feel even though none of the gulls he sees greet him?
2. What does Jonathan do for the first time since leaving Earth when he finally transports himself?
3. What does Jonathan apparently not need in order to learn the lessons he's learned?
(c) Other gulls
(d) Mulitple lives
4. Who is skeptical of Jonathan's ideas and plans for his future?
(c) The Elder Gull
5. Perfect speed is "being _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elder Gull tells Jonathan that the key is knowing that one has already _________ when it comes to the way he moves from place to place.
2. What does the answer to #112 want to become in order to make the Flock sorry for saying the things they have?
3. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to forget about as he is learning to transport himself?
4. What memories are fading for Jonathan as he spends more time in this new land?
5. Jonathan is sure he will see Sullivan again in the ______ and ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan's teacher say when Johnathan asks why there are so few gulls in their location?
2. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
3. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
4. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
5. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
6. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
7. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
8. How does Chiang demonstrate touching heaven, which dazzles Jonathan and makes him want to learn more from this guru?
9. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
10. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)