|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan finally realize about himself? "I am a perfect, _______ gull!"
2. What does Jonathan say when Sullivan says he will miss him? "Friendship transcends space and _______."
3. Jonathan's voice tells Fletcher he must _____ them in order they may understand.
4. The Elder Gull tells Jonathan that the key is knowing that one has already _________ when it comes to the way he moves from place to place.
5. Sullivan declares Jonathan has less fear of _____ than any gull in 10,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far are the gulls on Earth from Heaven?
2. When the other gulls look at Jonathan in awe, what does he proclaim himself to be, needing to learn from them instead?
3. There is a saying Jonathan remembers - Gulls never ________ in heaven.
4. Those who put aside travel for perfection go anywhere ______.
5. What fills Jonathan's eyes when he tells the Elder Gull he wants to conquer another unknown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
2. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
3. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
4. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
5. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
6. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
7. Where does Jonathan believe he is in this section of the book?
8. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
9. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
10. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)