|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One must know that one has _______ everywhere at once across space and time, according to the Elder Gull.
(d) The right to be
2. What does Jonathan feel even though none of the gulls he sees greet him?
3. Jonathan asks the Elder Gull whether this world is not _____ after all and what happens next.
(d) The end
4. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
5. Only on occasion does Jonathan remember using wings in the fight for _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memories are fading for Jonathan as he spends more time in this new land?
2. At first, Jonathan can not transport himself more than a ________ width at a time.
3. Is Jonathan disappointed that he didn't reach his goal?
4. What does the Elder Gull do to prove the answer to #87 is correct?
5. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to forget about as he is learning to transport himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
2. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
3. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
4. What is the best speed Jonathan can reach in this new and delightful setting in the story?
5. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
6. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
7. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
8. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
9. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
10. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)