|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some gulls need how many lives in order to find that life is about more than eating?
2. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
3. Jonathan believes heaven ought not have natural __________.
4. What is the Elder Gull said to soon be moving beyond?
(a) The sound barrier
(b) The speed of light
(c) The simple techniques
(d) This world
5. The Elder Gull tells Jonathan that the key is knowing that one has already _________ when it comes to the way he moves from place to place.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elder Gulls says that ________ is not a place or a time but means being perfect.
2. Perfect speed is "being _________."
3. Jonathan is sure he will see Sullivan again in the ______ and ________.
4. What fills Jonathan's eyes when he tells the Elder Gull he wants to conquer another unknown?
5. If you learn nothing, Jonathan finds out, the next world is ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
2. How does Chiang demonstrate touching heaven, which dazzles Jonathan and makes him want to learn more from this guru?
3. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
4. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
5. What does Jonathan's teacher say when Johnathan asks why there are so few gulls in their location?
6. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
7. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
8. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
9. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
10. What does Jonathan believe Heaven should do in terms of limits?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)