|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, Jonathan can not transport himself more than a ________ width at a time.
2. How does Jonathan suddenly feel as he is left by himself?
3. Jonathan processes and learns new information like a feathered __________.
4. What is the actual speed that Jonathan reaches when he is trying to reach his new goal?
5. What is the goal Jonathan sets for himself in relation to speed and performance?
(a) He wants to attain twice as much
(b) He wants to attain three times as much
(c) He wants to break the sound barrier
(d) He wants to break his last goal
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan will begin to touch heaven when he touches perfect _________ beyond any limit
2. How many more lives do gulls need in order to realize that they need to find perfection and show it to others?
3. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to forget about as he is learning to transport himself?
4. Jonathan just wants to share the _______ with a willing gull.
5. Most gulls scorn _________ and slowly go nowhere.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan's teacher say when Johnathan asks why there are so few gulls in their location?
2. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
3. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
4. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
5. Where does Jonathan believe he is in this section of the book?
6. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
7. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
8. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
9. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
10. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)