|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the answer to #112 want to become in order to make the Flock sorry for saying the things they have?
2. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
3. What do these new birds practice every day, much to the delight of Johnathan?
(a) Becoming like falcons
(b) Diving to the sea
4. What does Jonathan feel he was born to do?
(a) Love others
(b) Instruct other gulls
(c) Become an expert flyer
(d) Travel the world
5. What does Jonathan apparently not need in order to learn the lessons he's learned?
(c) Mulitple lives
(d) Other gulls
Short Answer Questions
1. How far are the gulls on Earth from Heaven?
2. Jonathan asks the Elder Gull whether this world is not _____ after all and what happens next.
3. How does Jonathan suddenly feel as he is left by himself?
4. What does Jonathan finally realize about himself? "I am a perfect, _______ gull!"
5. What is the Elder Gull said to soon be moving beyond?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
2. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
3. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
4. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
5. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
6. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
7. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
8. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
9. How does Chiang demonstrate touching heaven, which dazzles Jonathan and makes him want to learn more from this guru?
10. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)