|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fletcher do when he hears the strange voice in his head?
(b) Crashes into the rocks
(c) Flies faster
(d) Stumbles midair
2. What does Jonathan feel even though none of the gulls he sees greet him?
3. What does the Elder Gull do to prove the answer to #87 is correct?
(c) Vanishes and reappears
4. Perfect speed is "being _________."
5. What do Jonathan's escorts wish him as they leave him alone?
(a) Happy landings
(b) Happy flying
(c) Happy days
(d) Happy discoveries
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan do for the first time since leaving Earth when he finally transports himself?
2. What does the answer to #112 want to become in order to make the Flock sorry for saying the things they have?
3. If you learn nothing, Jonathan finds out, the next world is ________.
4. What is the Elder Gull said to soon be moving beyond?
5. Who is the Elder Gull?
Short Essay Questions
1. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
2. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
3. What does Jonathan believe Heaven should do in terms of limits?
4. What does Jonathan's teacher say when Johnathan asks why there are so few gulls in their location?
5. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
6. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
7. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
8. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
9. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
10. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)