|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, Jonathan can not transport himself more than a ________ width at a time.
2. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to keep working on right before the Elder Gull vanishes?
3. What does Jonathan apparently not need in order to learn the lessons he's learned?
(a) Mulitple lives
(b) Other gulls
4. One must stop seeing oneself as trapped in a _________, according to the Elder Gull.
5. What is the goal Jonathan sets for himself in relation to speed and performance?
(a) He wants to break his last goal
(b) He wants to attain three times as much
(c) He wants to break the sound barrier
(d) He wants to attain twice as much
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elder Gulls says that ________ is not a place or a time but means being perfect.
2. What will traveling in the past and in the future help Jonathan to know the meaning of? Kindness and __________.
3. Is Jonathan disappointed that he didn't reach his goal?
4. Who is skeptical of Jonathan's ideas and plans for his future?
5. What is the only thing the Elder Gull still thinks Jonathan needs to work on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
2. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
3. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
4. How does Chiang demonstrate touching heaven, which dazzles Jonathan and makes him want to learn more from this guru?
5. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
6. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
7. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
8. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
9. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
10. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)