|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan feel he was born to do?
(a) Love others
(b) Travel the world
(c) Become an expert flyer
(d) Instruct other gulls
2. Where does Jonathan want to go, after his Elder has vanished and he continues his lessons in love?
(a) With the Elders
(d) Nowhere. He's content.
3. What will traveling in the past and in the future help Jonathan to know the meaning of? Kindness and __________.
4. Jonathan is sure he will see Sullivan again in the ______ and ________.
(a) Here, Now
(b) Skies, Earth
(c) Heaven, Earth
(d) Clouds, Sands
5. What does Jonathan do for the first time since leaving Earth when he finally transports himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fletcher do when he hears the strange voice in his head?
2. Some gulls need how many lives in order to find that life is about more than eating?
3. What do these other gulls have an elegant technique for doing as they fly?
4. One must stop seeing oneself as trapped in a _________, according to the Elder Gull.
5. What is the only thing the Elder Gull still thinks Jonathan needs to work on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
2. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
3. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
4. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
5. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
6. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
7. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
8. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
9. What does Jonathan's teacher say when Johnathan asks why there are so few gulls in their location?
10. What does Jonathan believe Heaven should do in terms of limits?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)