|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Only on occasion does Jonathan remember using wings in the fight for _________.
2. How many more lives do gulls need in order to realize that they need to find perfection and show it to others?
3. What is Jonathan's instructor's name?
4. Those who put aside travel for perfection go anywhere ______.
5. How does Jonathan suddenly feel as he is left by himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sullivan declares Jonathan has less fear of _____ than any gull in 10,000 years.
2. How many more lives do these other gulls need in order to learn about perfection?
3. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
4. Who is skeptical of Jonathan's ideas and plans for his future?
5. Jonathan's voice tells Fletcher he must _____ them in order they may understand.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jonathan believe he is in this section of the book?
2. What does Jonathan believe Heaven should do in terms of limits?
3. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
4. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
5. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
6. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
7. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
8. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
9. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
10. How does Chiang demonstrate touching heaven, which dazzles Jonathan and makes him want to learn more from this guru?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)