|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fletcher do when he hears the strange voice in his head?
(b) Stumbles midair
(c) Flies faster
(d) Crashes into the rocks
2. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to keep working on right before the Elder Gull vanishes?
3. Jonathan processes and learns new information like a feathered __________.
4. Who is the seagull that feels he has been too harshly and unjustly treated by the Flock?
(b) Jonathan Livingston
(c) Marshall Weathers
(d) Fletcher Lynd
5. Some gulls need how many lives in order to find that life is about more than eating?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan say when Sullivan says he will miss him? "Friendship transcends space and _______."
2. What is the only thing the Elder Gull still thinks Jonathan needs to work on?
3. What does Jonathan want Fletcher to begin with as he takes him as a student?
4. There is a saying Jonathan remembers - Gulls never ________ in heaven.
5. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to forget about as he is learning to transport himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
2. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
3. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
4. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
5. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
6. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
7. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
8. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
9. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
10. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)