|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who put aside travel for perfection go anywhere ______.
2. What will traveling in the past and in the future help Jonathan to know the meaning of? Kindness and __________.
3. Is Jonathan disappointed that he didn't reach his goal?
(c) Sort of
(d) Yes, but he reaches it the second time
4. Jonathan asks the Elder Gull whether this world is not _____ after all and what happens next.
(a) The end
5. What does Jonathan feel he was born to do?
(a) Love others
(b) Instruct other gulls
(c) Travel the world
(d) Become an expert flyer
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Jonathan when he appears beside Fletcher?
2. The Elder Gull tells Jonathan that the key is knowing that one has already _________ when it comes to the way he moves from place to place.
3. Jonathan processes and learns new information like a feathered __________.
4. What do these new birds practice every day, much to the delight of Johnathan?
5. What does Jonathan apparently not need in order to learn the lessons he's learned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
2. What does Jonathan notice about the other gulls, but he falls asleep before he can try out this technique?
3. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
4. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
5. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
6. How does Chiang demonstrate touching heaven, which dazzles Jonathan and makes him want to learn more from this guru?
7. What does Jonathan's teacher say when Johnathan asks why there are so few gulls in their location?
8. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
9. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
10. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)