|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
2. Jonathan will begin to touch heaven when he touches perfect _________ beyond any limit
3. What is Jonathan's instructor's name?
4. How many more lives do gulls need in order to realize that they need to find perfection and show it to others?
5. What does Jonathan's instructor say about Johnathan? He is a one in a __________ birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do these other gulls have an elegant technique for doing as they fly?
2. Is Jonathan disappointed that he didn't reach his goal?
3. What do Jonathan's escorts wish him as they leave him alone?
4. What will traveling in the past and in the future help Jonathan to know the meaning of? Kindness and __________.
5. Most gulls scorn _________ and slowly go nowhere.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
2. What does Jonathan believe Heaven should do in terms of limits?
3. Where does Jonathan believe he is in this section of the book?
4. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
5. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
6. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
7. What is the best speed Jonathan can reach in this new and delightful setting in the story?
8. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
9. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
10. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)