|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan asks the Elder Gull whether this world is not _____ after all and what happens next.
(b) The end
2. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to forget about as he is learning to transport himself?
3. Where does Jonathan want to go, after his Elder has vanished and he continues his lessons in love?
(a) With the Elders
(d) Nowhere. He's content.
4. What does Jonathan's instructor say about Johnathan? He is a one in a __________ birds.
5. Those who put aside travel for perfection go anywhere ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will traveling in the past and in the future help Jonathan to know the meaning of? Kindness and __________.
2. What does Jonathan feel even though none of the gulls he sees greet him?
3. Some gulls need how many lives in order to find that life is about more than eating?
4. Only on occasion does Jonathan remember using wings in the fight for _________.
5. The Elder Gulls says that ________ is not a place or a time but means being perfect.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
2. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
3. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
4. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
5. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
6. What is the best speed Jonathan can reach in this new and delightful setting in the story?
7. Who is Jonathan's initial instructor when he arrives in this strange land?
8. How does Chiang demonstrate touching heaven, which dazzles Jonathan and makes him want to learn more from this guru?
9. Where does Jonathan believe he is in this section of the book?
10. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)