|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing the Elder Gull still thinks Jonathan needs to work on?
2. What does Jonathan apparently not need in order to learn the lessons he's learned?
(a) Mulitple lives
(b) Other gulls
3. Jonathan will begin to touch heaven when he touches perfect _________ beyond any limit
4. "The gull sees farthest who flies ___________.
5. What is the actual speed that Jonathan reaches when he is trying to reach his new goal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan do for the first time since leaving Earth when he finally transports himself?
2. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
3. If you learn nothing, Jonathan finds out, the next world is ________.
4. What does Jonathan feel he was born to do?
5. Where does Jonathan want to go, after his Elder has vanished and he continues his lessons in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
2. What are Jonathan's new wings seemingly made out of when he is flying in the new world?
3. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
4. What does Sullivan declare about Jonathan in relation to his approach to learning?
5. What does Jonathan's teacher say when Johnathan asks why there are so few gulls in their location?
6. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
7. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
8. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
9. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
10. Where does Jonathan believe he is in this section of the book?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)