|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan tells Fletcher not to be harsh towards gulls that only ________ themselves.
(b) Pretend to be
(d) Want to be
2. What do Jonathan's escorts wish him as they leave him alone?
(a) Happy discoveries
(b) Happy flying
(c) Happy landings
(d) Happy days
3. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
4. What does the Elder Gull do to prove the answer to #87 is correct?
(b) Vanishes and reappears
5. There is a saying Jonathan remembers - Gulls never ________ in heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan's instructor say about Johnathan? He is a one in a __________ birds.
2. How far are the gulls on Earth from Heaven?
3. Jonathan now has new wings of polished _________.
4. What does Jonathan say when Sullivan says he will miss him? "Friendship transcends space and _______."
5. Where does Jonathan think he is at the beginning of this part of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
2. What does Jonathan remember to use his wings for, only on occasion, however?
3. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
4. What are people saying about the Elder Gull, Chiang, as he is introduced in the story?
5. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
6. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
7. What is the best speed Jonathan can reach in this new and delightful setting in the story?
8. What does Jonathan believe Heaven should do in terms of limits?
9. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
10. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)