|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A tunnel spin
(b) A somersault
(c) A full power dive
(d) A roll
2. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
3. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
4. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Way of Life
(b) The Gull Family
(c) The Gull of Fortune
(d) The Peace of the Family
5. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Loop de loop
(b) Slow roll
(c) Inverted spin
(d) Gull bunt
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
2. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
3. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
4. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
5. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
2. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
3. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
4. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
5. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
6. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
7. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
8. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
9. As Jonathan begins his pull out during his record-setting speed, what happens?
10. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)