|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A somersault
(b) A tunnel spin
(c) A full power dive
(d) A roll
2. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(b) Soars above
3. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
(a) Council of Punishment
(b) Council of Reckoning
(c) Council of Despair
(d) Council of Gathering
4. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
5. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(a) Upside down
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
2. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
3. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
4. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
5. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
2. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
3. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
4. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
5. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
6. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
7. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
8. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
9. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
10. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)