|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
(a) Council of Punishment
(b) Council of Gathering
(c) Council of Reckoning
(d) Council of Despair
2. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(b) Shunned One
3. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
4. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
(a) 100 times
(b) 10 times
(c) 5 times
(d) 2 times
5. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
2. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
3. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
4. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
5. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
2. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
3. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
4. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
5. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
6. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
7. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
8. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
9. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
10. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)