|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
(a) Rocky Mountains
(b) Far Mountains
(c) Dover Cliffs
(d) Far Cliffs
2. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Way of Life
(b) The Gull of Fortune
(c) The Peace of the Family
(d) The Gull Family
3. Jonathan flies the first ________ of any seagull on Earth.
(b) Long distance
(c) Flying show
(d) Non-necessary trip
4. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
5. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
2. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
3. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
4. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
5. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
2. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
3. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
4. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
5. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
6. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
7. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
8. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
9. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
10. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)