|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
2. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Gull Family
(b) The Gull of Fortune
(c) The Peace of the Family
(d) The Way of Life
3. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
(a) His sister
(b) His brother
(c) His wife
(d) His parents
4. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
5. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Spread them out
(b) Hold them still
(c) Make them smaller
(d) Flap harder
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
2. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
3. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
4. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
5. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
2. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
3. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
4. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
5. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
6. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
7. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
8. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
9. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
10. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)