|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) Half an inch
(b) A millimeter
(c) Quarter of an inch
(d) An inch
2. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To stand in Charge for Flying
(b) To be given prison time
(c) To stand to Center for Shame
(d) To be punished for Learning
3. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
4. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
5. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(c) Shunned One
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
2. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
3. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
4. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
5. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
2. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
3. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
4. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
5. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
6. As Jonathan begins his pull out during his record-setting speed, what happens?
7. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
8. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
9. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
10. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)