Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
2. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
3. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Way of Life
(b) The Peace of the Family
(c) The Gull Family
(d) The Gull of Fortune
4. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Slow roll
(b) Inverted spin
(c) Loop de loop
(d) Gull bunt
5. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
2. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
3. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
4. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
5. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kirk Maynard Gull and his interaction with Johnathan.
2. Which gull objects to the answer to #46 and what is his reasoning?
3. What does Charles-Roland Seagull do that impresses others while he is flying?
4. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
5. What causes Fletcher to crash into a cliff at 200mph?
6. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
7. What bans the Outcasts from returning to the Flock, as told to them by the Council's rulings?
8. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
9. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
10. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)