|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
2. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A tunnel spin
(b) A roll
(c) A somersault
(d) A full power dive
3. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) Half an inch
(b) A millimeter
(c) Quarter of an inch
(d) An inch
4. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(a) In a few minutes
(b) Two days later
(d) After dark
5. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) His mom
(b) Other gulls
(c) The voice
(d) His conscience
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
2. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
3. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
4. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
5. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
2. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
3. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
4. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
5. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
6. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
7. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
8. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
9. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
10. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)