|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Secret of meaning
(b) Best physical activity
(c) Higher purpose
(d) Way to the truth
2. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(b) He gives up
(c) He tries to draw a map for himself
(d) He folds most of his wings
3. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(a) The next night
(b) He doesn't
(c) A few days later
4. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
5. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The water
(b) The Flock
(c) The beach
(d) The forest
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
2. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
3. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
4. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
5. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. When will Jonathan touch heaven, according to Chiang's answers?
2. What does Fletcher do when he is passing his instructor during one of their lessons?
3. When does Jonathan make the first sound since leaving Earth?
4. What is Chiang's response to Jonathan's question about whether this place is heaven or not?
5. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
6. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
7. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
8. What is Little Martin William Seagull's special ability when he is flying?
9. Describe what happens when Chiang passes to the other world, or transfigures, as many might call it.
10. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)