|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
2. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His pullout
(b) His turn
(c) His aerobatic
(d) His descent
3. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(a) Piece of trash
4. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
5. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(d) Upside down
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
2. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
3. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
4. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
5. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
2. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
3. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
4. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
5. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
6. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
7. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
8. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
9. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
10. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)