|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
2. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
3. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Way of Life
(b) The Gull Family
(c) The Peace of the Family
(d) The Gull of Fortune
4. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
5. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Just stop thinking
(b) Try another day
(c) Find a better teacher
(d) Talk to his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
2. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
3. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
4. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
5. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
2. As Jonathan begins his pull out during his record-setting speed, what happens?
3. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
4. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
5. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
6. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
7. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
8. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
9. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
10. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)