|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
2. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
3. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The Flock
(b) The forest
(c) The beach
(d) The water
4. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(b) He tries to draw a map for himself
(c) He gives up
(d) He folds most of his wings
5. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
2. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
3. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
4. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
5. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
2. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
3. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
4. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
5. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
6. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
7. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
8. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
9. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
10. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)