|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
(a) Far Cliffs
(b) Far Mountains
(c) Dover Cliffs
(d) Rocky Mountains
2. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
3. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He tries to draw a map for himself
(b) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(c) He folds most of his wings
(d) He gives up
4. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(b) More than one feather
(c) Closing one's eyes
5. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Secret of meaning
(b) Best physical activity
(c) Way to the truth
(d) Higher purpose
Short Answer Questions
1. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
2. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
3. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
4. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
5. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
2. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
3. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
4. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
5. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
6. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
7. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
8. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
9. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
10. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)