|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To stand in Charge for Flying
(b) To stand to Center for Shame
(c) To be punished for Learning
(d) To be given prison time
2. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) Quarter of an inch
(b) A millimeter
(c) An inch
(d) Half an inch
3. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Try again
(b) Give up
(c) Join the Flock
(d) Teach others
4. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The water
(b) The beach
(c) The Flock
(d) The forest
5. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
2. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
3. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
4. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
5. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fletcher think of the flight of ideas versus the flight of the feather?
2. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
3. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
4. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
5. What is the best speed Jonathan can reach in this new and delightful setting in the story?
6. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
7. What does the Word of the Elder tell the rest of the Flock to do in relation to Jonathan and his students?
8. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
9. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
10. What does Fletcher choose to do when Jonathan gives him the choice of a higher level or staying on Earth?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)