|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) Other gulls
(b) His mom
(c) The voice
(d) His conscience
2. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(d) Shunned One
3. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(a) Soars above
4. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
5. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
(c) Gull of Fortune
(d) The strange voice
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
2. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
3. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
4. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
5. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
2. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
3. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
4. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
5. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
6. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
7. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
8. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
9. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
10. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)