|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
2. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Flap harder
(b) Make them smaller
(c) Spread them out
(d) Hold them still
3. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
(a) 25 feet
(b) 100 feet
(c) 1000 feet
(d) 2000 feet
4. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
5. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(c) Set of rules
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
2. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
3. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
4. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
5. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
2. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
3. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
4. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
5. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
6. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
7. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
8. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
9. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
10. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)