|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
2. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Best physical activity
(b) Higher purpose
(c) Secret of meaning
(d) Way to the truth
3. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
4. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) Closing one's eyes
(c) More than one feather
5. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Try again
(b) Talk to his parents
(c) Sink to the bottom
(d) Become another bird
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
2. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
3. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
4. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
5. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
2. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
3. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
4. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
5. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
6. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
7. As Jonathan begins his pull out during his record-setting speed, what happens?
8. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
9. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
10. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)