|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
(a) Dorsal feather
(b) Moment of hesitation
(c) Head turn
(d) Wingtip feather
2. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(b) Soars above
3. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
4. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Talk to his family
(b) Find a better teacher
(c) Just stop thinking
(d) Try another day
5. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(b) Two days later
(c) After dark
(d) In a few minutes
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
2. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
3. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
4. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
5. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many lives do most gulls need in order to come to the basic realization that there is more to life?
2. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
3. Describe Kirk Maynard Gull and his interaction with Johnathan.
4. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
5. What is the one thing Chiang thinks Jonathan needs to work on as he continues to develop his flying and his abilities?
6. As Jonathan begins his pull out during his record-setting speed, what happens?
7. What is the saying Jonathan remembers about Heaven in relation to fatigue?
8. What is Little Martin William Seagull's special ability when he is flying?
9. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
10. Which gull objects to the answer to #46 and what is his reasoning?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)