|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
(a) Council of Reckoning
(b) Council of Despair
(c) Council of Gathering
(d) Council of Punishment
2. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
3. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
4. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
5. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) His mom
(b) Other gulls
(c) His conscience
(d) The voice
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
2. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
3. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
4. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
5. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
2. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
3. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
4. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
5. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
6. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
7. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
8. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
9. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
10. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)