|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
2. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(c) Set of rules
3. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Just stop thinking
(b) Talk to his family
(c) Try another day
(d) Find a better teacher
4. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
(a) 2000 feet
(b) 100 feet
(c) 1000 feet
(d) 25 feet
5. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A roll
(b) A somersault
(c) A tunnel spin
(d) A full power dive
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
2. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
3. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
4. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
5. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
2. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
3. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
4. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
5. As Jonathan begins his pull out during his record-setting speed, what happens?
6. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
7. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
8. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
9. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
10. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)