|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Just stop thinking
(b) Find a better teacher
(c) Try another day
(d) Talk to his family
2. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
3. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
4. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(b) A few days later
(c) The next night
(d) He doesn't
5. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
2. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
3. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
4. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
5. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
2. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
3. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
4. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
5. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
6. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
7. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
8. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
9. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
10. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)