|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(b) The next night
(c) A few days later
(d) He doesn't
2. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
3. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
(a) Low flying
(b) Sleep in the air
(c) Go faster
4. Jonathan flies the first ________ of any seagull on Earth.
(a) Long distance
(b) Flying show
(d) Non-necessary trip
5. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
2. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
3. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
4. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
5. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
2. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
3. What does Fletcher report one morning after practice that the Flock is saying about Johnathan?
4. What does Chiang tell Jonathan to forget about as he attempts to learn how to transport himself?
5. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
6. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
7. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
8. What is the best speed Jonathan can reach in this new and delightful setting in the story?
9. What does Jonathan want to do once his Guru has vanished and left his side?
10. What causes Fletcher to crash into a cliff at 200mph?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)