|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
2. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
(c) Gull of Fortune
(d) The strange voice
3. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) Closing one's eyes
(d) More than one feather
4. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(c) Shunned One
5. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Secret of meaning
(b) Way to the truth
(c) Higher purpose
(d) Best physical activity
Short Answer Questions
1. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
2. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
3. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
4. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
5. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
2. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
3. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
4. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
5. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
6. As Jonathan begins his pull out during his record-setting speed, what happens?
7. What is Jonathan's reasoning for wanting to teach the others?
8. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
9. What does the voice in Jonathan's head have to say about gulls flying in the dark?
10. What does Jonathan do that no other seagull on Earth has done, making him the first?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)