|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
2. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
3. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(a) In a few minutes
(c) Two days later
(d) After dark
4. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
(a) 2000 feet
(b) 1000 feet
(c) 25 feet
(d) 100 feet
5. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
2. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
3. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
4. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
5. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
2. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
3. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
4. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
5. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
6. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
7. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
8. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
9. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
10. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)