|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) Other gulls
(b) The voice
(c) His conscience
(d) His mom
2. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
(a) Silly Boy
(d) Bad Gull
3. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(b) More than one feather
(d) Closing one's eyes
4. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(b) He doesn't
(c) A few days later
(d) The next night
5. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
2. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
3. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
4. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
5. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
2. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
3. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
4. At what height does Jonathan attempt to dive from the morning after his accident and realization?
5. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
6. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
7. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
8. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
9. What does Jonathan realize is the secret to his success in flying close to the water?
10. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)