|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Teach others
(b) Give up
(c) Try again
(d) Join the Flock
2. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
3. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To be given prison time
(b) To stand in Charge for Flying
(c) To stand to Center for Shame
(d) To be punished for Learning
4. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
(c) Silly Boy
(d) Bad Gull
5. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
2. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
3. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
4. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
5. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
2. What happens to Jonathan every time he tries to turn a full power dive into a vertical dive?
3. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
4. What does Jonathan think the solution might be to his problem in #6?
5. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
6. What does Jonathan discover is the key to turning when he is flying at great speeds?
7. Who is the seagull that practices flying slowly, far apart from the others as they are searching for food and eating?
8. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
9. What are the names of the five moves Jonathan learns to do when he is practicing his flying all the time?
10. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)