|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(b) Set of rules
2. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(a) Upside down
3. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
4. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Sink to the bottom
(b) Try again
(c) Become another bird
(d) Talk to his parents
5. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) His mom
(b) The voice
(c) Other gulls
(d) His conscience
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
2. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
3. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
4. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
5. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jonathan fails and he begins to turn his thoughts to just sinking to the bottom of the sea?
2. What happens to Jonathan once he begins to tell other gulls they do not have to settle for a drab life?
3. What do Jonathan's parents think about his behavior when the other seagulls are eating?
4. As Jonathan begins his pull out during his record-setting speed, what happens?
5. How many seagulls are in the morning Flock of seagulls that are simply trying to find food to eat?
6. What does Jonathan's mother ask him to do when she sees him flying all by himself all the time?
7. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets during his efforts to improve his flying?
8. What does the strange voice in Jonathan's head tell him about his flying, at first?
9. Why doesn't Jonathan feel guilty about breaking the promise to the voice in his head?
10. What is the name of the morning's group of seagulls that are looking for food?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)