|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan asks the Elder Gull whether this world is not _____ after all and what happens next.
(d) The end
2. The Elder Gull tells Jonathan that the key is knowing that one has already _________ when it comes to the way he moves from place to place.
3. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to keep working on right before the Elder Gull vanishes?
4. Is Jonathan disappointed that he didn't reach his goal?
(a) Sort of
(d) Yes, but he reaches it the second time
5. What does Jonathan want Fletcher to begin with as he takes him as a student?
(d) Level flight
6. What fills Jonathan's eyes when he tells the Elder Gull he wants to conquer another unknown?
(a) A haze
(c) A strange glow
7. What is Jonathan's instructor's name?
8. What does Jonathan do for the first time since leaving Earth when he finally transports himself?
9. What color is Jonathan when he appears beside Fletcher?
(a) Black as Night
(d) Brilliant White
10. Jonathan's voice tells Fletcher he must _____ them in order they may understand.
11. What does Jonathan's instructor say about Johnathan? He is a one in a __________ birds.
12. How far are the gulls on Earth from Heaven?
(a) 1000 miles
(b) 10,000 miles
(c) 1750 miles
(d) 500 miles
13. What is the goal Jonathan sets for himself in relation to speed and performance?
(a) He wants to break the sound barrier
(b) He wants to break his last goal
(c) He wants to attain three times as much
(d) He wants to attain twice as much
14. One must stop seeing oneself as trapped in a _________, according to the Elder Gull.
15. "The gull sees farthest who flies ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan feel even though none of the gulls he sees greet him?
2. What does Jonathan say when Sullivan says he will miss him? "Friendship transcends space and _______."
3. How many more lives do these other gulls need in order to learn about perfection?
4. What does the answer to #112 want to become in order to make the Flock sorry for saying the things they have?
5. Jonathan tells Fletcher not to be harsh towards gulls that only ________ themselves.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)