|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, Jonathan can not transport himself more than a ________ width at a time.
2. One must know that one has _______ everywhere at once across space and time, according to the Elder Gull.
(a) The right to be
3. One must stop seeing oneself as trapped in a _________, according to the Elder Gull.
4. What fills Jonathan's eyes when he tells the Elder Gull he wants to conquer another unknown?
(a) A strange glow
(b) A haze
5. Jonathan just wants to share the _______ with a willing gull.
6. What does the answer to #112 want to become in order to make the Flock sorry for saying the things they have?
7. What do these other gulls have an elegant technique for doing as they fly?
8. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to keep working on right before the Elder Gull vanishes?
9. What does Jonathan do for the first time since leaving Earth when he finally transports himself?
10. What do these new birds practice every day, much to the delight of Johnathan?
(a) Diving to the sea
(d) Becoming like falcons
11. Jonathan now has new wings of polished _________.
12. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to forget about as he is learning to transport himself?
13. What is the Elder Gull said to soon be moving beyond?
(a) This world
(b) The speed of light
(c) The simple techniques
(d) The sound barrier
14. What do Jonathan's escorts wish him as they leave him alone?
(a) Happy days
(b) Happy flying
(c) Happy landings
(d) Happy discoveries
15. Jonathan tells Fletcher not to be harsh towards gulls that only ________ themselves.
(a) Pretend to be
(b) Want to be
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan asks the Elder Gull whether this world is not _____ after all and what happens next.
2. Jonathan believes heaven ought not have natural __________.
3. Where does Jonathan think he is at the beginning of this part of the book?
4. When the other gulls look at Jonathan in awe, what does he proclaim himself to be, needing to learn from them instead?
5. The Elder Gull tells Jonathan that the key is knowing that one has already _________ when it comes to the way he moves from place to place.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)