|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Elder Gull tell Jonathan to forget about as he is learning to transport himself?
2. At first, Jonathan can not transport himself more than a ________ width at a time.
3. What fills Jonathan's eyes when he tells the Elder Gull he wants to conquer another unknown?
(a) A strange glow
(d) A haze
4. How many more lives do these other gulls need in order to learn about perfection?
5. There is a saying Jonathan remembers - Gulls never ________ in heaven.
6. How does Jonathan suddenly feel as he is left by himself?
7. When the other gulls look at Jonathan in awe, what does he proclaim himself to be, needing to learn from them instead?
8. Most gulls scorn _________ and slowly go nowhere.
9. What does Jonathan want Fletcher to begin with as he takes him as a student?
(b) Level flight
10. What memories are fading for Jonathan as he spends more time in this new land?
(a) His family
(b) His pain
(c) Other gulls
11. What do these new birds practice every day, much to the delight of Johnathan?
(a) Diving to the sea
(b) Becoming like falcons
12. The Elder Gull tells Jonathan that the key is knowing that one has already _________ when it comes to the way he moves from place to place.
13. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
14. Jonathan is sure he will see Sullivan again in the ______ and ________.
(a) Skies, Earth
(b) Here, Now
(c) Heaven, Earth
(d) Clouds, Sands
15. What do these other gulls have an elegant technique for doing as they fly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan finally realize about himself? "I am a perfect, _______ gull!"
2. What is the actual speed that Jonathan reaches when he is trying to reach his new goal?
3. Jonathan will begin to touch heaven when he touches perfect _________ beyond any limit
4. Where does Jonathan think he is at the beginning of this part of the book?
5. What does the answer to #112 want to become in order to make the Flock sorry for saying the things they have?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)