|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan believes heaven ought not have natural __________.
2. Who is skeptical of Jonathan's ideas and plans for his future?
(c) The Elder Gull
3. What do these new birds practice every day, much to the delight of Johnathan?
(c) Diving to the sea
(d) Becoming like falcons
4. Is Jonathan disappointed that he didn't reach his goal?
(b) Yes, but he reaches it the second time
(d) Sort of
5. How does Jonathan suddenly feel as he is left by himself?
6. Some gulls need how many lives in order to find that life is about more than eating?
7. What is the goal Jonathan sets for himself in relation to speed and performance?
(a) He wants to break his last goal
(b) He wants to break the sound barrier
(c) He wants to attain three times as much
(d) He wants to attain twice as much
8. At first, Jonathan can not transport himself more than a ________ width at a time.
9. What does Jonathan finally realize about himself? "I am a perfect, _______ gull!"
10. What will traveling in the past and in the future help Jonathan to know the meaning of? Kindness and __________.
11. How many more lives do gulls need in order to realize that they need to find perfection and show it to others?
12. One must stop seeing oneself as trapped in a _________, according to the Elder Gull.
13. What memories are fading for Jonathan as he spends more time in this new land?
(a) Other gulls
(b) His pain
(c) His family
14. What fills Jonathan's eyes when he tells the Elder Gull he wants to conquer another unknown?
(c) A strange glow
(d) A haze
15. What does Jonathan feel he was born to do?
(a) Instruct other gulls
(b) Travel the world
(c) Love others
(d) Become an expert flyer
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more lives do these other gulls need in order to learn about perfection?
2. Jonathan will begin to touch heaven when he touches perfect _________ beyond any limit
3. Most gulls scorn _________ and slowly go nowhere.
4. The Elder Gull says, "Flight only requires only understanding how to _____."
5. Perfect speed is "being _________."
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)