|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
2. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
3. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Best physical activity
(b) Way to the truth
(c) Higher purpose
(d) Secret of meaning
4. Jonathan flies the first ________ of any seagull on Earth.
(a) Non-necessary trip
(c) Long distance
(d) Flying show
5. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
6. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
7. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(b) After dark
(c) In a few minutes
(d) Two days later
8. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
9. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
10. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Become another bird
(b) Try again
(c) Sink to the bottom
(d) Talk to his parents
11. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Just stop thinking
(b) Try another day
(c) Talk to his family
(d) Find a better teacher
12. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
(a) His disappointment
(b) His broken wing
(c) His failure
(d) His lessons
13. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
14. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To stand to Center for Shame
(b) To stand in Charge for Flying
(c) To be punished for Learning
(d) To be given prison time
15. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
2. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
3. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
4. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
5. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)