|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(a) Set of rules
2. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
3. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Join the Flock
(b) Teach others
(c) Give up
(d) Try again
4. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To stand in Charge for Flying
(b) To be given prison time
(c) To be punished for Learning
(d) To stand to Center for Shame
5. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
6. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
7. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Gull of Fortune
(b) The Gull Family
(c) The Way of Life
(d) The Peace of the Family
8. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
(a) Moment of hesitation
(b) Head turn
(c) Dorsal feather
(d) Wingtip feather
9. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
10. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(a) The beach's monotony
(b) Poor flying
11. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
(a) His parents
(b) His brother
(c) His sister
(d) His wife
12. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
(a) Hunting Flock
(b) Morning Flock
(c) AM Flock
(d) Breakfast Flock
13. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His pullout
(b) His descent
(c) His turn
(d) His aerobatic
14. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
15. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The sea
(b) The beach
(c) The cliffs
(d) Another gull
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
2. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
3. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
4. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
5. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)