|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
(a) Low flying
(c) Sleep in the air
(d) Go faster
2. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(a) Poor flying
(c) The beach's monotony
3. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
(a) Far Mountains
(b) Dover Cliffs
(c) Far Cliffs
(d) Rocky Mountains
4. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To stand to Center for Shame
(b) To be given prison time
(c) To stand in Charge for Flying
(d) To be punished for Learning
5. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Give up
(b) Join the Flock
(c) Teach others
(d) Try again
6. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His descent
(b) His aerobatic
(c) His pullout
(d) His turn
7. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Sink to the bottom
(b) Talk to his parents
(c) Try again
(d) Become another bird
8. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Way of Life
(b) The Gull of Fortune
(c) The Gull Family
(d) The Peace of the Family
9. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Just stop thinking
(b) Find a better teacher
(c) Try another day
(d) Talk to his family
10. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(c) Upside down
11. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
12. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
13. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
(a) Breakfast Flock
(b) Morning Flock
(c) Hunting Flock
(d) AM Flock
14. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) Closing one's eyes
(b) More than one feather
15. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The water
(b) The Flock
(c) The forest
(d) The beach
Short Answer Questions
1. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
2. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
3. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
4. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
5. Jonathan flies the first ________ of any seagull on Earth.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)