|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) Half an inch
(b) An inch
(c) Quarter of an inch
(d) A millimeter
2. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
(a) 5 times
(b) 10 times
(c) 2 times
(d) 100 times
3. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His turn
(b) His descent
(c) His pullout
(d) His aerobatic
4. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
5. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
6. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
(a) His conscience
(b) His brothers
(c) His saviors
(d) His sisters
7. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
8. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(b) The next night
(c) He doesn't
(d) A few days later
9. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Slow roll
(b) Inverted spin
(c) Loop de loop
(d) Gull bunt
10. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
11. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
12. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
13. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
(a) His parents
(b) His sister
(c) His wife
(d) His brother
14. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
(a) Sleep in the air
(b) Low flying
(c) Go faster
15. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He folds most of his wings
(b) He gives up
(c) He tries to draw a map for himself
(d) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
2. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
3. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
4. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
5. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)