|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Slow roll
(b) Gull bunt
(c) Inverted spin
(d) Loop de loop
2. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(b) Soars above
3. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) An inch
(b) A millimeter
(c) Quarter of an inch
(d) Half an inch
4. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
5. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Become another bird
(b) Try again
(c) Talk to his parents
(d) Sink to the bottom
6. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Just stop thinking
(b) Find a better teacher
(c) Try another day
(d) Talk to his family
7. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
8. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) His mom
(b) The voice
(c) His conscience
(d) Other gulls
9. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
(a) To take him home
(b) To feed him
(c) To teach him more
(d) To bring him to the Flock
10. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
(b) The strange voice
(c) Gull of Fortune
11. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
12. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
13. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
14. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(a) Upside down
15. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
2. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
3. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
4. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
5. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)