|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
2. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
3. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Way of Life
(b) The Peace of the Family
(c) The Gull Family
(d) The Gull of Fortune
4. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Slow roll
(b) Inverted spin
(c) Loop de loop
(d) Gull bunt
5. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
6. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
(a) To teach him more
(b) To bring him to the Flock
(c) To take him home
(d) To feed him
7. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(a) The beach's monotony
(b) Poor flying
8. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
9. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He folds most of his wings
(b) He tries to draw a map for himself
(c) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(d) He gives up
10. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) Half an inch
(b) A millimeter
(c) Quarter of an inch
(d) An inch
11. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To stand in Charge for Flying
(b) To stand to Center for Shame
(c) To be punished for Learning
(d) To be given prison time
12. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
13. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Make them smaller
(b) Spread them out
(c) Hold them still
(d) Flap harder
14. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(d) Upside down
15. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
2. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
3. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
4. Jonathan flies the first ________ of any seagull on Earth.
5. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)