|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Slow roll
(b) Loop de loop
(c) Gull bunt
(d) Inverted spin
2. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(a) The beach's monotony
(c) Poor flying
3. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(a) A few days later
(b) The next night
(d) He doesn't
4. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(a) Piece of trash
5. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
6. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
(a) His lessons
(b) His failure
(c) His disappointment
(d) His broken wing
7. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
(a) 2 times
(b) 100 times
(c) 5 times
(d) 10 times
8. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
9. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
(a) Low flying
(c) Sleep in the air
(d) Go faster
10. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
11. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
12. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(b) Soars above
13. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His descent
(b) His pullout
(c) His turn
(d) His aerobatic
14. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The Flock
(b) The beach
(c) The water
(d) The forest
15. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Talk to his parents
(b) Try again
(c) Sink to the bottom
(d) Become another bird
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
2. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
3. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
4. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
5. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)