|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
(a) 100 times
(b) 2 times
(c) 10 times
(d) 5 times
2. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
(a) 25 feet
(b) 2000 feet
(c) 100 feet
(d) 1000 feet
3. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His pullout
(b) His descent
(c) His turn
(d) His aerobatic
4. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
5. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
(a) Morning Flock
(b) AM Flock
(c) Hunting Flock
(d) Breakfast Flock
6. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
7. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
8. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
9. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(a) Upside down
10. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To be given prison time
(b) To stand to Center for Shame
(c) To stand in Charge for Flying
(d) To be punished for Learning
11. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
12. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
13. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) An inch
(b) Half an inch
(c) A millimeter
(d) Quarter of an inch
14. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(a) Set of rules
15. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
2. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
3. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
4. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
5. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)