|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
2. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
3. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Make them smaller
(b) Hold them still
(c) Spread them out
(d) Flap harder
4. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(b) A roll
(c) Another dive
5. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(b) Piece of trash
6. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
(b) Breaking records
7. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
(a) 2 times
(b) 5 times
(c) 100 times
(d) 10 times
8. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
9. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Try again
(b) Give up
(c) Join the Flock
(d) Teach others
10. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) His conscience
(b) His mom
(c) Other gulls
(d) The voice
11. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To stand to Center for Shame
(b) To stand in Charge for Flying
(c) To be given prison time
(d) To be punished for Learning
12. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(a) The beach's monotony
(c) Poor flying
13. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The water
(b) The beach
(c) The forest
(d) The Flock
14. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
15. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
2. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
3. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
4. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
5. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)