|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
(a) Council of Reckoning
(b) Council of Gathering
(c) Council of Despair
(d) Council of Punishment
2. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(a) Set of rules
3. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Teach others
(b) Give up
(c) Join the Flock
(d) Try again
4. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
5. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
6. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
(a) Breakfast Flock
(b) Hunting Flock
(c) Morning Flock
(d) AM Flock
7. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The beach
(b) The cliffs
(c) The sea
(d) Another gull
8. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Talk to his family
(b) Find a better teacher
(c) Try another day
(d) Just stop thinking
9. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(d) Upside down
10. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Inverted spin
(b) Loop de loop
(c) Slow roll
(d) Gull bunt
11. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(b) Closing one's eyes
(d) More than one feather
12. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(a) Shunned One
13. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
14. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
(a) To bring him to the Flock
(b) To teach him more
(c) To take him home
(d) To feed him
15. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A full power dive
(b) A somersault
(c) A tunnel spin
(d) A roll
Short Answer Questions
1. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
2. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
3. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
4. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
5. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)