|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
2. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(a) In a few minutes
(b) After dark
(c) Two days later
3. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) More than one feather
(b) Closing one's eyes
4. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
5. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
(a) His parents
(b) His sister
(c) His wife
(d) His brother
6. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
7. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Gull of Fortune
(b) The Way of Life
(c) The Gull Family
(d) The Peace of the Family
8. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(a) A few days later
(c) The next night
(d) He doesn't
9. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
10. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The beach
(b) The Flock
(c) The water
(d) The forest
11. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
(a) To feed him
(b) To teach him more
(c) To take him home
(d) To bring him to the Flock
12. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His aerobatic
(b) His descent
(c) His pullout
(d) His turn
13. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
14. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(c) Soars above
15. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Slow roll
(b) Inverted spin
(c) Loop de loop
(d) Gull bunt
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
2. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
3. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
4. Jonathan flies the first ________ of any seagull on Earth.
5. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)