|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(b) A roll
(d) Another dive
2. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(b) In a few minutes
(c) After dark
(d) Two days later
3. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(a) Upside down
4. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) A millimeter
(b) Quarter of an inch
(c) Half an inch
(d) An inch
5. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
(b) Gull of Fortune
(d) The strange voice
6. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
7. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
8. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
9. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
10. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He tries to draw a map for himself
(b) He gives up
(c) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(d) He folds most of his wings
11. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
12. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
13. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(b) Soars above
14. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
(a) 1000 feet
(b) 100 feet
(c) 25 feet
(d) 2000 feet
15. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
2. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
3. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
4. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
5. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)