|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(a) Poor flying
(c) The beach's monotony
2. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Higher purpose
(b) Best physical activity
(c) Secret of meaning
(d) Way to the truth
3. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The sea
(b) The beach
(c) The cliffs
(d) Another gull
4. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(a) Shunned One
5. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(a) Another dive
(d) A roll
6. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
7. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
(a) His sisters
(b) His brothers
(c) His saviors
(d) His conscience
8. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) His conscience
(b) The voice
(c) Other gulls
(d) His mom
9. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
(a) Breaking records
10. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
(a) Morning Flock
(b) Breakfast Flock
(c) AM Flock
(d) Hunting Flock
11. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Loop de loop
(b) Gull bunt
(c) Slow roll
(d) Inverted spin
12. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
13. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Try again
(b) Join the Flock
(c) Give up
(d) Teach others
14. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(c) Set of rules
15. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
(a) Wingtip feather
(b) Moment of hesitation
(c) Dorsal feather
(d) Head turn
Short Answer Questions
1. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
2. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
3. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
4. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
5. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)