|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
(a) Morning Flock
(b) Breakfast Flock
(c) AM Flock
(d) Hunting Flock
2. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
3. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
(a) His saviors
(b) His brothers
(c) His sisters
(d) His conscience
4. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Find a better teacher
(b) Try another day
(c) Talk to his family
(d) Just stop thinking
5. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(c) Another dive
(d) A roll
6. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
7. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(a) Shunned One
8. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
9. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) Other gulls
(b) The voice
(c) His mom
(d) His conscience
10. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His turn
(b) His pullout
(c) His descent
(d) His aerobatic
11. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
(a) Council of Reckoning
(b) Council of Punishment
(c) Council of Gathering
(d) Council of Despair
12. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Loop de loop
(b) Gull bunt
(c) Inverted spin
(d) Slow roll
13. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(c) Piece of trash
14. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
(b) Go faster
(c) Sleep in the air
(d) Low flying
15. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
2. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
3. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
4. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
5. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)