|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
2. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(a) In a few minutes
(c) After dark
(d) Two days later
3. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Talk to his parents
(b) Try again
(c) Become another bird
(d) Sink to the bottom
4. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) Another gull
(b) The sea
(c) The cliffs
(d) The beach
5. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
(a) To teach him more
(b) To feed him
(c) To bring him to the Flock
(d) To take him home
6. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(a) Soars above
7. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
8. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
(b) The strange voice
(d) Gull of Fortune
9. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(a) He doesn't
(b) The next night
(d) A few days later
10. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The forest
(b) The beach
(c) The water
(d) The Flock
11. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(b) He gives up
(c) He folds most of his wings
(d) He tries to draw a map for himself
12. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
(a) His lessons
(b) His failure
(c) His broken wing
(d) His disappointment
13. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Try again
(b) Teach others
(c) Give up
(d) Join the Flock
14. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
(a) Far Cliffs
(b) Dover Cliffs
(c) Rocky Mountains
(d) Far Mountains
15. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
2. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
3. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
4. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
5. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)