|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Secret of meaning
(b) Best physical activity
(c) Way to the truth
(d) Higher purpose
2. Jonathan flies the first ________ of any seagull on Earth.
(a) Non-necessary trip
(c) Flying show
(d) Long distance
3. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(b) Piece of trash
4. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
5. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
6. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
(d) Breaking records
7. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
(a) 100 feet
(b) 2000 feet
(c) 25 feet
(d) 1000 feet
8. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
9. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Join the Flock
(b) Give up
(c) Try again
(d) Teach others
10. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
(b) Silly Boy
(c) Bad Gull
11. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(d) Shunned One
12. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
13. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(b) Another dive
(d) A roll
14. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
(a) His conscience
(b) His sisters
(c) His saviors
(d) His brothers
15. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) More than one feather
(c) Closing one's eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
2. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
3. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
4. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
5. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)