|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
2. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
3. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(a) Upside down
4. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) A millimeter
(b) Quarter of an inch
(c) An inch
(d) Half an inch
5. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(a) In a few minutes
(c) Two days later
(d) After dark
6. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
7. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To stand in Charge for Flying
(b) To be given prison time
(c) To be punished for Learning
(d) To stand to Center for Shame
8. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
9. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
10. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) His mom
(b) Other gulls
(c) His conscience
(d) The voice
11. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
(c) Bad Gull
(d) Silly Boy
12. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(b) Poor flying
(c) The beach's monotony
13. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The forest
(b) The Flock
(c) The beach
(d) The water
14. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Best physical activity
(b) Secret of meaning
(c) Higher purpose
(d) Way to the truth
15. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A tunnel spin
(b) A somersault
(c) A roll
(d) A full power dive
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
2. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
3. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
4. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
5. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)