|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Give up
(b) Teach others
(c) Join the Flock
(d) Try again
2. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He tries to draw a map for himself
(b) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(c) He gives up
(d) He folds most of his wings
3. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Just stop thinking
(b) Try another day
(c) Find a better teacher
(d) Talk to his family
4. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A tunnel spin
(b) A full power dive
(c) A roll
(d) A somersault
5. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
6. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(d) Set of rules
7. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
8. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(a) Another dive
(c) A roll
9. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(c) Shunned One
10. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(b) After dark
(c) In a few minutes
(d) Two days later
11. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(d) Soars above
12. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
(a) Go faster
(b) Low flying
(d) Sleep in the air
13. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Higher purpose
(b) Way to the truth
(c) Best physical activity
(d) Secret of meaning
14. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Slow roll
(b) Loop de loop
(c) Gull bunt
(d) Inverted spin
15. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(a) Piece of trash
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
2. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
3. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
4. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
5. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)