|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(c) The beach's monotony
(d) Poor flying
2. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(b) Another dive
(c) A roll
3. Jonathan flies the first ________ of any seagull on Earth.
(a) Non-necessary trip
(b) Flying show
(d) Long distance
4. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A somersault
(b) A full power dive
(c) A tunnel spin
(d) A roll
5. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
6. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(a) Soars above
7. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
8. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(c) Set of rules
9. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(b) Upside down
10. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He folds most of his wings
(b) He gives up
(c) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(d) He tries to draw a map for himself
11. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The cliffs
(b) Another gull
(c) The beach
(d) The sea
12. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(a) In a few minutes
(b) After dark
(d) Two days later
13. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Make them smaller
(b) Hold them still
(c) Flap harder
(d) Spread them out
14. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
(a) To teach him more
(b) To take him home
(c) To feed him
(d) To bring him to the Flock
15. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
(a) His saviors
(b) His sisters
(c) His brothers
(d) His conscience
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
2. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
3. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
4. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
5. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)