|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
2. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
3. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
4. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
5. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Secret of meaning
(b) Way to the truth
(c) Best physical activity
(d) Higher purpose
6. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
(a) Council of Punishment
(b) Council of Reckoning
(c) Council of Gathering
(d) Council of Despair
7. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(a) Shunned One
8. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Slow roll
(b) Gull bunt
(c) Inverted spin
(d) Loop de loop
9. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
10. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
(a) Far Mountains
(b) Rocky Mountains
(c) Far Cliffs
(d) Dover Cliffs
11. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
(a) Breaking records
12. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(a) A few days later
(b) The next night
(d) He doesn't
13. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A full power dive
(b) A somersault
(c) A tunnel spin
(d) A roll
14. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
15. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Sink to the bottom
(b) Become another bird
(c) Try again
(d) Talk to his parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
2. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
3. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
4. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
5. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)