|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
(a) His sisters
(b) His conscience
(c) His saviors
(d) His brothers
2. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(a) Another dive
(b) A roll
3. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
4. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
5. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(d) Piece of trash
6. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
(a) Silly Boy
(c) Bad Gull
7. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
8. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
(d) Upside down
9. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) More than one feather
(c) Closing one's eyes
10. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
11. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(b) The beach's monotony
(d) Poor flying
12. What is NOT one of the techniques that Jonathan learns?
(a) Loop de loop
(b) Gull bunt
(c) Inverted spin
(d) Slow roll
13. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
(a) His brother
(b) His parents
(c) His wife
(d) His sister
14. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
15. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
2. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
3. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
4. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
5. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)