|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(a) In a few minutes
(c) After dark
(d) Two days later
2. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(a) The beach's monotony
(d) Poor flying
3. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His pullout
(b) His descent
(c) His aerobatic
(d) His turn
4. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Try again
(b) Sink to the bottom
(c) Become another bird
(d) Talk to his parents
5. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To be punished for Learning
(b) To be given prison time
(c) To stand to Center for Shame
(d) To stand in Charge for Flying
6. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
7. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
8. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
9. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(d) Shunned One
10. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
11. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A roll
(b) A full power dive
(c) A somersault
(d) A tunnel spin
12. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
13. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
14. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
15. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The beach
(b) The water
(c) The forest
(d) The Flock
Short Answer Questions
1. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
2. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
3. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
4. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
5. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)