|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
2. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Join the Flock
(b) Try again
(c) Teach others
(d) Give up
3. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(b) Shunned One
4. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
(c) Silly Boy
(d) Bad Gull
5. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
(a) His disappointment
(b) His broken wing
(c) His failure
(d) His lessons
6. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Talk to his family
(b) Find a better teacher
(c) Just stop thinking
(d) Try another day
7. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
8. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The cliffs
(b) The beach
(c) The sea
(d) Another gull
9. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
(a) His mom
(b) His conscience
(c) The voice
(d) Other gulls
10. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
(b) The strange voice
(d) Gull of Fortune
11. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
12. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Best physical activity
(b) Higher purpose
(c) Secret of meaning
(d) Way to the truth
13. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
(a) Go faster
(b) Low flying
(d) Sleep in the air
14. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(b) Piece of trash
15. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(b) After dark
(c) Two days later
(d) In a few minutes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
2. What kind of dive has been resulting in Jonathan rolling violently and tumbling?
3. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
4. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
5. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)