|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Sink to the bottom
(b) Talk to his parents
(c) Try again
(d) Become another bird
2. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
3. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Higher purpose
(b) Best physical activity
(c) Way to the truth
(d) Secret of meaning
4. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Find a better teacher
(b) Just stop thinking
(c) Try another day
(d) Talk to his family
5. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(b) He gives up
(c) He tries to draw a map for himself
(d) He folds most of his wings
6. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
(a) Moment of hesitation
(b) Wingtip feather
(c) Head turn
(d) Dorsal feather
7. What is the answer to the question Jonathan asks of the answer to #57 as to their identity?
(a) His brothers
(b) His saviors
(c) His conscience
(d) His sisters
8. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
(a) 10 times
(b) 100 times
(c) 2 times
(d) 5 times
9. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
(a) Council of Despair
(b) Council of Gathering
(c) Council of Reckoning
(d) Council of Punishment
10. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(b) Shunned One
11. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
12. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(c) A roll
(d) Another dive
13. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
14. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(b) Piece of trash
15. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) Closing one's eyes
(b) More than one feather
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
2. What is the terminal velocity Jonathan reaches when he is practicing?
3. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
4. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
5. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)