|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
(a) Wingtip feather
(b) Dorsal feather
(c) Moment of hesitation
(d) Head turn
2. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
(a) To teach him more
(b) To take him home
(c) To bring him to the Flock
(d) To feed him
3. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Spread them out
(b) Flap harder
(c) Hold them still
(d) Make them smaller
4. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Find a better teacher
(b) Talk to his family
(c) Just stop thinking
(d) Try another day
5. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(c) More than one feather
(d) Closing one's eyes
6. "Seagulls, as you know, never falter, never _____."
7. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
(a) Hunting Flock
(b) Breakfast Flock
(c) Morning Flock
(d) AM Flock
8. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
(d) Breaking records
9. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
10. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(b) A few days later
(c) He doesn't
(d) The next night
11. What is Jonathan limited by, according to the strange voice he hears in his head?
12. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
13. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
(a) Far Cliffs
(b) Dover Cliffs
(c) Rocky Mountains
(d) Far Mountains
14. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
15. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(b) Another dive
(d) A roll
Short Answer Questions
1. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
2. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
3. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
4. What seems to make Jonathan want to try his flights at even higher heights?
5. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)