|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(b) He doesn't
(c) The next night
(d) A few days later
2. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
3. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A somersault
(b) A roll
(c) A tunnel spin
(d) A full power dive
4. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(d) Set of rules
5. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
6. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
7. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
(a) To bring him to the Flock
(b) To feed him
(c) To teach him more
(d) To take him home
8. What does Jonathan vow he will do when the voice says what it does in #24?
(a) Find a better teacher
(b) Try another day
(c) Just stop thinking
(d) Talk to his family
9. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
10. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
(a) 100 feet
(b) 25 feet
(c) 1000 feet
(d) 2000 feet
11. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
12. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The cliffs
(b) Another gull
(c) The sea
(d) The beach
13. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
14. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Join the Flock
(b) Try again
(c) Teach others
(d) Give up
15. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the middle name of the gull who likes to practice flying all by himself?
2. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
3. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
4. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
5. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)