|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
2. How many birds are in the group mentioned in question #1?
3. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The forest
(b) The beach
(c) The water
(d) The Flock
4. What is the gull speed record that Jonathan sets as he makes that adjustment from #13?
5. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
6. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) Another gull
(b) The cliffs
(c) The beach
(d) The sea
7. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
8. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
9. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Make them smaller
(b) Spread them out
(c) Hold them still
(d) Flap harder
10. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
(a) His parents
(b) His wife
(c) His sister
(d) His brother
11. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Become another bird
(b) Talk to his parents
(c) Sink to the bottom
(d) Try again
12. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(a) Two days later
(b) In a few minutes
(c) After dark
13. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Way of Life
(b) The Gull Family
(c) The Peace of the Family
(d) The Gull of Fortune
14. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
15. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
2. A single _________ is the key to curving while diving, Johnathan finds.
3. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
4. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
5. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)