|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Teach others
(b) Try again
(c) Give up
(d) Join the Flock
2. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
3. How many times does Jonathan try this dive in question #10?
(a) 10 times
(b) 2 times
(c) 100 times
(d) 5 times
4. For what purpose is Jonathan summoned, as indicated in #45?
(a) To be given prison time
(b) To be punished for Learning
(c) To stand to Center for Shame
(d) To stand in Charge for Flying
5. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Gull of Fortune
(b) The Way of Life
(c) The Peace of the Family
(d) The Gull Family
6. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
7. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) A millimeter
(b) An inch
(c) Half an inch
(d) Quarter of an inch
8. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
(b) The strange voice
(d) Gull of Fortune
9. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A somersault
(b) A tunnel spin
(c) A full power dive
(d) A roll
10. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
(c) Breaking records
11. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The cliffs
(b) Another gull
(c) The beach
(d) The sea
12. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
(b) Set of rules
13. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Make them smaller
(b) Flap harder
(c) Spread them out
(d) Hold them still
14. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(a) Soars above
15. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Elders hope Jonathan will live long enough to realize life is _________ and unknowable.
2. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
3. Jonathan's greatest sorrow is that the other gulls refused to see the ______ of flight.
4. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
5. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)