|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Once one touches excellence in learning, ___________ are unnecessary."
2. How far up in the sky is Jonathan at first when he is practicing his flying?
(a) 100 feet
(b) 2000 feet
(c) 1000 feet
(d) 25 feet
3. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(d) Piece of trash
4. When does Jonathan attempt his dives again?
(b) A few days later
(c) He doesn't
(d) The next night
5. What does Jonathan fly through, without killing anyone?
(a) The water
(b) The beach
(c) The Flock
(d) The forest
6. What smiles the morning that Jonathan almost hits the gulls and the boat?
(b) Gull of Fortune
(c) The strange voice
7. What does Jonathan do as a result of hearing the voice in his head?
(a) He tries to draw a map for himself
(b) He sees that being a part of the Flock is the best idea
(c) He folds most of his wings
(d) He gives up
8. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
(d) Breaking records
9. Jonathan realizes gulls can lift themselves out of _________.
(b) The beach's monotony
(c) Poor flying
10. Jonathan believes he has discovered the _______ for their lives.
(a) Secret of meaning
(b) Best physical activity
(c) Higher purpose
(d) Way to the truth
11. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
(a) His wife
(b) His parents
(c) His brother
(d) His sister
12. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
(a) Dover Cliffs
(b) Rocky Mountains
(c) Far Cliffs
(d) Far Mountains
13. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
14. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The sea
(b) The beach
(c) The cliffs
(d) Another gull
15. When does Jonathan regain consciousness?
(b) In a few minutes
(c) After dark
(d) Two days later
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
2. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
3. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
4. Jonathan realizes that gulls do not have to settle for a ________ life.
5. What are the the gulls coming to Jonathan to do?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)