|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonathan beginning during his fast dive when he loses control?
(a) His aerobatic
(b) His pullout
(c) His turn
(d) His descent
2. At 1000 feet, what does Jonathan climb to attempt during one of his many flying excursions?
(a) A tunnel spin
(b) A roll
(c) A somersault
(d) A full power dive
3. What does Jonathan feel is just even more of a burden to bear?
(a) His failure
(b) His lessons
(c) His disappointment
(d) His broken wing
4. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
(b) Bad Gull
(d) Silly Boy
5. After Jonathan's brush with death, again, he attempts what at 8000 feet?
(a) Another dive
(c) A roll
6. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) Another gull
(b) The cliffs
(c) The beach
(d) The sea
7. What does Jonathan learn to do which allows him to cover 100 miles overnight?
(a) Sleep in the air
(b) Low flying
(d) Go faster
8. What does Jonathan decide he needs to do with his wings in order to succeed in the dive from #10?
(a) Make them smaller
(b) Spread them out
(c) Flap harder
(d) Hold them still
9. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) More than one feather
(c) Closing one's eyes
10. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
11. Jonathan wishes to free the other gulls from ______ years of scrabbling for fish heads.
12. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(a) Piece of trash
13. What does Jonathan become as a result of the Council's decision?
(a) Shunned One
14. Where is Jonathan banished to as a result of his actions?
(a) Rocky Mountains
(b) Far Mountains
(c) Dover Cliffs
(d) Far Cliffs
15. Who summons Jonathan when he begins to think about teaching the other gulls how to fly?
(a) Council of Despair
(b) Council of Punishment
(c) Council of Gathering
(d) Council of Reckoning
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
2. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
3. What does NOT shorten gulls' lives, as Johnathan learns?
4. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
5. To the rest of the gulls, it is not flying that matters, but ________.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)