|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If falcons were meant to fly at night, the voice says, they would have the eyes of what bird?
2. What does Jonathan hit when he loses control as described in #15?
(a) The beach
(b) The cliffs
(c) Another gull
(d) The sea
3. Of what does the Council say that Jonathan has violated the dignity and the tradition?
(a) The Way of Life
(b) The Gull Family
(c) The Gull of Fortune
(d) The Peace of the Family
4. What does Jonathan drop on purpose when he realizes he just wants to fly and it was pointless for him to try to be like other birds?
(d) Piece of trash
5. Who was dismayed with Jonathan for his unique way of living?
(a) His wife
(b) His parents
(c) His sister
(d) His brother
6. What does the strange voice tell Jonathan to do?
(a) Give up
(b) Teach others
(c) Try again
(d) Join the Flock
7. What causes a spinout instead of grace when Jonathan makes the change in #38?
(a) More than one feather
(b) Closing one's eyes
8. How far does the item in #38 have to be turned in order to be effective during the diving technique?
(a) Quarter of an inch
(b) Half an inch
(c) An inch
(d) A millimeter
9. What does Jonathan wish he could do as a result of his last dive attempt?
(a) Sink to the bottom
(b) Try again
(c) Talk to his parents
(d) Become another bird
10. What does Jonathan do as he gives one last look around and flies into a perfect dark sky?
(a) Soars above
11. What is the name of the Flock that hunts for food in the morning?
(a) Hunting Flock
(b) Morning Flock
(c) Breakfast Flock
(d) AM Flock
12. What kind of wings does the strange voice tell Johnathan he does not have?
13. Jonathan was no ordinary ______.
14. What does Jonathan's mother call him?
(b) Silly Boy
(c) Bad Gull
15. How does Jonathan feel after breaking his promise to become like other gulls?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonathan tries to defend his actions, saying he is the most ________ of gulls.
2. How many gulls join Jonathan in his exile?
3. Jonathan's recent triumphs make him feel as though a new _____ is starting for him.
4. The voice tells Jonathan he does not have ________ for brains.
5. __________ is power, joy, and pure beauty.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)